Sign in to follow this  
Perterz

Calyva’s Hide-Out

‘Calyva, a legendary mystical figure is said to rule the swamps. Nobody is brave enough to search for his secret fortress.

Situated on a lonely rock, only accesible by boat. One has to climb the trees and cross a bridge to even get close to the structure.

It’s location makes it very hard to intrude; it’s almost suïcide trying to.’

This MOC actually started with the idea to use tires as tree bases, very soon the ‘swampy’ feel grew on me. So the start was set.

At first I didn’t have a clue on what building I wanted on top of the rock. Restricted by the size of the rock, it had to become a tower. 

I wanted to use darker colors to add to the atmosphere of the MOC but still wanted some contrasting color, Dark Orange complimented by Dark Red does the trick I think.

It was a challenge but fun to build, I hope you like my newest MOC too!

Credit to Barthezz Brick for the flag on top 

As always, Thanks for looking/reading.

Any input, comments are very appreciated  😉

BB861AB1-0B63-4A26-B97B-A67500E61CEC.jpe

More on Flickr

Edited by Perterz

Love this.  The roof is great, the texturing with all the small pieces is nice.  The walls have great detail too, with the small plates and rounds in it.  The rockwork is nicely done.  I like the water and the wake around the boat.  The trees are unique and creative.  Well done.

Stunning!, the texturing on the walls are great, the combination of colors you used are wonderful and the rock work is solid.

I double what @zoth33 said. I also like the railings, especially the one with thread links. I love the style you started to develop, can’t wait to see more from you! Keep the great work up! :classic: :thumbup: