Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-Nov FB1] Mesabi Landing Loading and Freight

Type: Large Commercial

Mordo drove the cargo wagon across the elevated railway through Mesabi Landing. As Chief Officer of Human Resources it was his job to inspect the railways that made Mesabi Landing the Awesome powerhouse of industry that it was. 

30745622467_a4895d4cb0_c.jpgMesabi Landing by North White, on Flickr

He followed the rails over the bridge to the loading dock, where large ships were set to be loaded. 

44772073655_66e6198fc1_c.jpgMesabi Landing by North White, on Flickr

Meanwhile, the streets of Mesabi Landing were busy as usual, street cars and coaches traveled the many roads of the great city. 

44772073475_fb6941d116_c.jpgMesabi Landing by North White, on Flickr

Mordo was excited to make sure the cargo got to the ship. Mesabi Landing never attracted much port traffic even though it was far more prosporous than Jamestown and Fatu Hiva

30745622507_5cf8af20f6_c.jpgMesabi Landing by North White, on Flickr

45635882532_93703f57ec_c.jpgMesabi Landing by North White, on Flickr

Mordo disembarked, and unhitched the horse to lead it back around. They'd soon have to find a better way to do this, that kept the horse moving. 

43868413500_e4127d0250_c.jpgMesabi Landing by North White, on Flickr

But business continued as usual in the landing, in small shops, and in large factories. 

45635882232_f7b125c118_c.jpgMesabi Landing by North White, on Flickr

FIN

Thanks for viewing my build. Originally the second half was a bit different, it was a lot flimsier, and then I dropped it, necessitating some improvements. I also don't really have the space to photograph it effectively, that's my couch in the background. C&C appreciated. 

Spoiler

43868413750_e94211c1a2_c.jpgMesabi Landing by North White, on Flickr

Aye, very... busy. :pir_tong2:

Looking impressive already, should look great with minifigs, boats, wagons and all their activities. :thumbup:

Sweet build! Sorry to hear about the breakage, but it turned out nice in the end.

I think the second rail line on the ground could use some more activity, but overall it is a rather busy scene. Well done!

29 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

I was worried about what was going to happen to that horse. Glad it gets to make the return journey!

Man, not even the WTC eats a horse on the spot just because! Most of the time...

Oh nice!  Don't see too many horse-drawn tram MOCs around the forums!  The only alteration I'd personally make, would be to have the street-level rails embedded into the street (such streetcar-like tracks have been around for a long time, so it would fit), but it looks fine the way it is. :D

Nice scene! The minifigs and carriages have definitely helped flesh this one out from the original pictures. I'd have probably used even more minifigs to really convey the sense of a bustling port. The white and dark red building is my favourite, the SNOT dark red slopes on the side of the building and the detail around where the train tracks cross are definitely highlights. I'm not sure why you didn't join the red slopes at the peak of the roof? It kind of looks odd just finishing like that. Nice work on the crane, lots of detail here to like. The yellow building feels a bit plain, maybe some windows or something to break up the 'flatness' of the solid back wall? What is the tile piece you've used on the roof? The SNOT blue water is a good idea and the smooth surface is much better than exposed studs IMO. Nice work.

I like the direction the architecture is headed towards in Mesabi Landing.  Also good work on the overhead track and crane.   Although I would never want to unhitch a horse that high up.   Most tracks like that would use turn tables to back the wagon in. 

Nice build, it really gives the feel of a busy, early-industrial port! Rails have become a typical feature of Mesabi Landing, it seems! :classic: