Sign in to follow this  
ProvenceTristram

[MOC] North American narrow gauge 4-4-2

Obviously, there are significant elements I borrowed from the 2-8-0 - namely the cab and the tender (with some modifications to both). However, barring some kind of a breakthrough on my end, I am not going to be able to build that one, whereas this is 100% achievable with all-Lego parts. Having said all that, I'm not sure I like it quite as much... though I do feel like it trots a nice, neat line between standard gauge 4-4-2s and narrow gauge 4-4-0s.

Inspiration:

PQXPJVI.jpg

Ywo2F4B.jpg

aCjizwo.jpg

Model:

L37TwIc.png

NwREJRa.png

N8W0THR.png

XLmc1cj.png

Sf0P8lc.png

I think this nice, narrow-gauge 4-4-2 locomotive looks lovely as well, and would certainly love to see it in actual bricks, if you decide to build it, that is. 

Your recent Narrow-gauge steam locomotive designs have inspired me to try working on making a motorized LEGO version of one of the East Broad Top RR's narrow-gauge Mikados in the near future (the first train I ever rode was one of the excursion trains that ran at Orbisonia, PA, pulled by EBT #12, back in 1982 or 83).

Lovely very lovely!   Is there a reason the left window shade is brown and the right red?   I really like all the plumbing you did as well.