ks6349

is 31026 retired ? or retiring?

USD 70 here, is it a normal price or priced up ?

I am not super fans, I won't buy priced up stuff. I buy only I like and deals

I don't have an answer.

One of my pet peeves is the use of a set number with nothing else to identify it by, so here's a picture for those interested:

s-l1000.jpg

31026 - Bike Shop & Café.

I'm pretty sure it's retired, as it's a 2014 creator set.

2 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Not sure about Asia, but $70 new is good price for that set right now in US

Well, in Malaysia, the set's retail price is 450 MYR which is around 100 USD. So yeah, 70 bucks is a pretty good price indeed.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

I would like to know, in addition to 31026 , is there any Creator 3-in-1 set that is similar to 31026 which is not totally retired? 31026 has a lot of pieces while it doesn't have too a lot as that of the Creator Expert because I may not have that much time for 2000 or 3000 pieces.

However, looks like there is not much building option for creator 3in1

4 hours ago, ks6349 said:

I would like to know, in addition to 31026 , is there any Creator 3-in-1 set that is similar to 31026 which is not totally retired? 31026 has a lot of pieces while it doesn't have too a lot as that of the Creator Expert because I may not have that much time for 2000 or 3000 pieces.

However, looks like there is not much building option for creator 3in1

If you're looking for foldable buildings sets, unfortunately, as far as I know, they're all retired. If I'm not mistaken, the last creator 3-in-1 foldable building sets that was released were 31063 Beachside Vacation and 31065 Park Street Townhouse which came out around winter 2017.

What came after that is the modular system for the 3-in-1 building sets that is similar to creator expert.

Though if you're just interested in the size of the sets, the current assortment (2018 releases) are only 200 - to - 400 pieces sets as opposed to The Bike Shop and Cafe's 1023 pieces.

However the closest set (that is not retired) to what you're looking for is the 31069 Modular Family Villa which has 728 pieces. A 2017 summer release and is currently still available.

Hope this helps in some way!

1 hour ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

If you're looking for foldable buildings sets, unfortunately, as far as I know, they're all retired. If I'm not mistaken, the last creator 3-in-1 foldable building sets that was released were 31063 Beachside Vacation and 31065 Park Street Townhouse which came out around winter 2017.

What came after that is the modular system for the 3-in-1 building sets that is similar to creator expert.

Though if you're just interested in the size of the sets, the current assortment (2018 releases) are only 200 - to - 400 pieces sets as opposed to The Bike Shop and Cafe's 1023 pieces.

However the closest set (that is not retired) to what you're looking for is the 31069 Modular Family Villa which has 728 pieces. A 2017 summer release and is currently still available.

Hope this helps in some way!

Hi Malaysia!  Are you Chinese or ,,, Malay?

Yeah, 31065 is a great set ! However, I watched a youtube video review about them which said it had a lot of way it doesn't make sense. 31069 is a great so I will put it to my collection. I think 31026 is not totally retired and I will certainly get this set here for USD 70. It's a very great set, around 1000 pieces is just fine. Wish Creator 3in1 for building won't stop!!

I think it's best not to delve into racial subjects. So let's keep it simple : I live in Malaysia, which means I am a malaysian :)

Back to the topic!

You can check 31026 at the LEGO store here. It clearly says "Retired Product". Anyway! It's a great set nonetheless! Definitely worth it. Happy Building when or if do get your hand on that!

After 31026 was released it was followed up by 3 other small creator buildings that could all sit side by side in a similar way to the large modular buildings but on a smaller scale. First was the toy and grocery shop, then we had the corner deli and finally in 2017 the Park street Town House. Unfortunately all these sets are now retired and lego seems to have switched the style of their creator 3 in1 buildings to the new modular style where all the sections can be swapped around to create alternate versions of the building.

It's a real shame as those small creator buildings were great little sets and almost like miniature cousins to the full size creator expert buildings.

35 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

After 31026 was released it was followed up by 3 other small creator buildings that could all sit side by side in a similar way to the large modular buildings but on a smaller scale. First was the toy and grocery shop, then we had the corner deli and finally in 2017 the Park street Town House. Unfortunately all these sets are now retired and lego seems to have switched the style of their creator 3 in1 buildings to the new modular style where all the sections can be swapped around to create alternate versions of the building.

It's a real shame as those small creator buildings were great little sets and almost like miniature cousins to the full size creator expert buildings.

Sorry, my English is not very good. What did you mean by "

"where where all the sections can be swapped around to create alternate versions of the building" ....

Did you mean it's now getting more difficult to be matching or "consistent" between different sets of creator 3in1 building?

5 hours ago, ks6349 said:

"where where all the sections can be swapped around to create alternate versions of the building" ....

Did you mean it's now getting more difficult to be matching or "consistent" between different sets of creator 3in1 building?

It could be something like that. The foldable buildings can placed side by side with expert modulars and fits because they can fold which covers open areas. The current 3-in-1 modulars are more dollhouse-esque-like. They aren't foldable as to accommodate the new modular system which result in nothing covering the backs.

The current/new modular swapping for 3-in-1 works in a way that you can swap, for example, a window balcony module with a door module which results in the kitchen having being another exit and the living room with another window.

The expert modulars works more in the way of the roof and floors sections can be taken away with ease so you could have a more easy access to the interiors.

Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

It could be something like that. The foldable buildings can placed side by side with expert modulars and fits because they can fold which covers open areas. The current 3-in-1 modulars are more dollhouse-esque-like. They aren't foldable as to accommodate the new modular system which result in nothing covering the backs.

The current/new modular swapping for 3-in-1 works in a way that you can swap, for example, a window balcony module with a door module which results in the kitchen having being another exit and the living room with another window.

The expert modulars works more in the way of the roof and floors sections can be taken away with ease so you could have a more easy access to the interiors.

Hope this helps!

Yes, for example, 31077, doesn't seem like it can be compatible with other expert modular building

On 11/1/2018 at 9:36 PM, ks6349 said:

When I mentioned 3 in 1 modular buildings I was referring to sets like 31069 and not the large Creator Expert Modulars.

Image result for creator 3in 1 modular buildings

These Creator 3 in 1 Buildings have separate modules that can be broken apart and re-assembled in to different shapes and formats. All the current Creator buildings seem to have adopted this new "module" system and they're not really compatible alongside the old foldable Creator 3 in 1 buildings like 31026 you mentioned in your original post.

On 11/5/2018 at 9:02 PM, Bricked1980 said:

When I mentioned 3 in 1 modular buildings I was referring to sets like 31069 and not the large Creator Expert Modulars.

Image result for creator 3in 1 modular buildings

These Creator 3 in 1 Buildings have separate modules that can be broken apart and re-assembled in to different shapes and formats. All the current Creator buildings seem to have adopted this new "module" system and they're not really compatible alongside the old foldable Creator 3 in 1 buildings like 31026 you mentioned in your original post.

31069 is great because of lots of pieces (I don't like small sets), but unfortunately I don't like the style of roof (I like flatted roof like 31026)

. In addition I remember there is negative comment on this set on youtube but I forget the link.

I've already got 31026 31036 31068 31077

For cretor 3 in 1, there are three instruction books where I can separate them and play again, I enjoy building but not finishing, so they are of the best value