Sign in to follow this  
vitreolum

Treasure Hunting 101 - Always Doublecheck for Curses

A little Caribbean flavored Halloween build.

Captain's Log.

16 May, 1666:
Bought me self a loot map. 'twas only a grog 'n 5 pieces o' eight. 'n I don't even needs no stinkin' crew t' reach it, a sea turtle raft will do.

17 May, 1666:
Blast it all, by thunder! Th' booty was black spotted. Bob "Ulele" McMutton, th' skeleton guardian was a nice enough chap. He shared his adventures 'n grog wit' me, then left a stinkin' black mark on me palm 'n told me I 'ave 3 day t' return th' booty.
Mighty pleasant fella; he even warned me afore leavin' th' island; jus' imagine if I had left 'n reached th' first tavern!. Anyways, I 'ave 3 days, might as well take th' booty t' th' first port 'n flaunt it aft all this trouble - plenty o' time t' return it later.

19 May, 1666:

Yup. I spent it all, by thunder. Down t' th' mighty last doubloon. I couldn't help it; as soon as I reached th' first tavern, th' wenches 'n grog were too much t' resist.  Th' end be nigh. I hear a rappin' on th' door, as o' some bony body lumberin' against it. It shall nah find me. God, that noise! No! No! Ulele! ULELE!

45631954881_0e87ff8d23_b.jpgTreasure Hunting 101 - Always Doublecheck for Curses by Letranger Absurde, on Flickr

Edited by vitreolum

That's wonderful!  The bile of sand, the palm tree with the lovely leaves, the 5 o'clock shadow on the treasure seeker, and especially those pants and the posing on the skeleton - all great!  :wub:

This is funny! A great piece of humour and fantastic details with the build. 

Oh ! Lovely scenette !

The Skeleton guy is great ! I will probably "borrow" you the design... :pir_laugh2:

And everything is very well done ! The palm tree is excellent too !

Great job ! Bravo !

This is really well done! Everything is at a larger scale, which adds all the more detail. 

The figures are outstanding... the details on both the skeleton and the pirate(?) are incredible, and the posing/expressions are hilarious. 

Good job and keep moccing!