Sign in to follow this  
Captain Nemo

Spontaneous Caption Contest: Lego DC Super-Villains

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...a Caption Contest?! 

43781824210_b415542ea4_o.jpg

With the recent release of the highly anticipated Lego DC Super-Villains Video Game, there's been a surge in Instagraming activity among the Super-Villain community. BUT! All those great photos still need captions! 

Goal:

• Write great, appropriate, and fun captions for one, some, or all of the great photos below! 

Contest Rules: 

• Contest runs from Monday, October 29th 2018 to Friday, November 2nd 2018 Closed
  • Please do not quote the images in your post, simply post your own written photo caption in this thread 
  • Please number your caption(s) to match the number of the corresponding photo 
  • To enter you must write a caption for at least one of the photos below
  • You do not have to write captions for ever photo, only photos of your choice 
  • There is no limit to the number of captions per photo entries you may submit 

Judging:

• Best caption(s) win. Whatever that means.  
  • Don't take this too seriously--this is simply spontaneous fun! 
  • No set limit on the number of contest winners 

Prizes: 

The winners will receive one of these two sweet, exclusive, Licensed Super-Villain themed tags! 

tag_dc_2.png  tag_dc_3.png

Photos needing Captions!

Below are the photos needing Captions. Shot out to our very own @BaneShake for supplying a number of these screenshots. :thumbup:

Photo #1 

43804712530_1a56288d60_z.jpg

Photo #2 

43806393820_f503166a6e_z.jpg

Photo #3 

45624127421_b077ab3ed9_z.jpg

Photo #4 

43804705020_c2081752e5_z.jpg

Photo #5 

44899538604_c933347d83_z.jpg

Photo #6 

30681360917_db13c376e2_z.jpg

Photo #7 

43806392940_9d8ff091f8_z.jpg

Photo #8 (Two Photos)

43804708640_fa75b5d934_z.jpg  30681363327_ec6ba93e3e_z.jpg

Photo #9 

30683123007_f978720c20_z.jpg

Photo #10 

30683122257_6e65a59188_z.jpg

Photo #11

44708778485_2447e47425_z.jpg

#1 “Comic books? You wouldn’t catch me reading them!”

#2 “It’s a jump to the left...”

#3 “Golly, Skeets, if only I knew what those guys were called”

#4 “It’s morphin’ time! Mastadon!”

#5 “I could really use a hobby”

#6 “Now I’ve found out that the Flash has allergies my plan is flawless! Hahaha, come, Mittens!”

#7 “I just wanted to take one picture without Mr J pullin’ that stupid grin, but no!”

#8 “Okay Batman, just one more for the album. He’s gone, hasn’t he?”

#9 “We want you! We want you! We want you as a new recruit!”

#10 “...and demi-plié, pirouette, not biting your partners face off, and first position”

#11 “I’m pretty sure this is what they meant by Flash photography”

1. "Just keep smiling, Clark...pretend they didn't cut off your face...just keep smiling."

4. "(Say what you will about the Ice Age, at least no one had invented dabbing!)"

8. (Deep Spanish voice) "I don't always take selfies. But when I do, I take them with...darn it, Batman, come back here!"

#1 Clark was proud to see his first how-to book, How to Get Free Mardi Gras Beads, hit the shelves.

#2 "I can't believe someone would go out dressed like that. Such gaudy apparel; who wears a yellow fedora???"

#3 "It's fine, Skeets. I'll crop it and it'll look like they're right here with us!"

#4 "...Ladies."

#5 It was at this moment that Chuck began second-guessing his decision to test his prototype Kite rig from this location.

#6 Behold, a merciless killing machine... as photographed by Zoom.

#7 Even after the restraining order, Harley had ways to keep her obsession alive.

#8 "Alright, Batman. Say cheese... Cheese!"

#9 Reverse Flash was ecstatic at the opportunity before him; in his own future time, pesky life-saving technology meant it was impossible to drown sailors for fun.

#10 Their feet grew tired, and the music tortured their exhausted minds, but when a seven-foot-tall man-shark wants to keep dancing, you better well keep dancing.

#11 Wally caught eye-contact with his cousin, and instantly, they both realized: no one would be fast enough to stop them from taking the neighborhood's Halloween candy for themselves.

2. Clock king - does anyone have the time?

3. Don't worry skeets, we can travel back to a time before the justice league movie came out

6. Two of nature's greatest Hunter's. Deep pun there

Edited by legosamsonite

1 - Now, I can be as rich as Batman! 

2 - One of theses things are not like the other, one of these things are not the same. 

3 - Booster Gold here, and this is how the Justice League screwed me over... 

4 - Oh yeah! I just found Beastboy's twin sisters. 

5 - Dancing, on the rooftops! 

6 - It's right behind me, isn't it? 

7 - Harly, get out of the picture! 

8 - Batman, photo bomb level 100. 

9 - At the Y. M. C. A. 

10 - Ma'am, ma'am, excuse me ma'am did you drop this? 

11 - Dance off? Dance off! 

Edited by samurai-turtle

This looks like something new... I like it!

Caption 1: "Lol, now I can just buy this shirt and not have to waste precious money on the suits I rip up when Superman is needed '

Caption 2: "What's one more drink going to do? I can still read the clock to get home on time. Wait, why are there lots of clocks? Why are those clocks on a blue and green man? Maybe vodka is not the best late night drink" 

Caption 3: Booster Gold watches Justice League in an old theater in Gotham for the 100th time. Rumor is this is the only money WB is getting from Justice League since opening weekend. 

Caption 4: Too bad my big break in the DCEU failed, guess I could still join the Ice Age movies. 

Caption 5: This DC supervillain has had enough of no one knowing his name and is ending it all. You can donate to Legoweneedmorebatmancmfs.com  today to make sure that no DC villian is left behind.

Caption 6: I mean I know Titans is altering the characters and stuff, but they really have to make Catwomen look like a Phantom Menace Pod Racer reject? 

Caption 7: Mr. J is love, Mr. J is life.

Caption 8: CG: "Hey Batman I really want a copy of RDR 2, can you help a brother out?"

Batman: "No."

CG: "Too bad, Martha my wife said if she can't play she may die of a broken heart." 

Photo 2 happens. 

CG: "Score" 

Caption 9: Even though the sailors have to deal with some random crazy guy on cocaine, at least they don't have to hang out with Aquaman. 

Caption 10: I don't know what you guys think, but the new Jaws remake looks werid.

Caption 11: I see that Spanish Drake and Jamaican Drake ran into each other again. 

Photo 4 - After the embarrassment of last year's "Justice League Annual Pool Party", this time Cyborg remembers to bring his trunks.

Photo 5 - Released this week is the official soundtrack to "Kiteman the Musical" Featuring such hits as...

"Soaring over Gotham."

"I Want to Rule the World (but everyone ignores me)"

"Tangled in the Tree of Your Love."

"The Batman Blues"

And of course many more... including a bonus track - a moving cover version of  the classic "Let's go fly a Kite"

Photo 8a - "1, 2..."

Photo 8b - "... 98, 99, 100. Ready or not, here I come!" 

Edited by greg3

1#- When you’re famous,  and it’s Halloween...and the only thing left on the shelves is literally your own face on a mask

2# When you’re waiting for a bus and you -can’t -stop-looking-at-your-watch!!

4#- Mammoths to Robot: Back To The Future 4

5#- I’m singing in the air, I’m singing in the air, what a wonderful feeling, I’m-a- falling off a building.

Photo #1: (thinking to self) Darn - I blinked...

Photo #5: "Top of the World Ma!!!"

Photo #6: "I am the embodiment of ultimate evil, muwahahahaha - wha...Mr. Snuggly, get out of the picture!"  

Photo #10:  "Excuse me Ms., would you like to go for a midnight swim?"

Edited by Dadster

1. "When your comics are the only ones with a giant SALE sign, that means they're the ones selling best, right?"

3. "I'm from a timeline where that movie was great!

Too bad my time machine crash-landed on the screenwriter's house."

4. "(Am I crazy, or is that a talking robot?)"

"(Who nose?)"

8. "Can I grab a quick-er, can we grab a quick bite?" 

1. Merchandising, Merchandising! That's where the real money from the heroics is made!

2. Clock-King: But the schedule said the bus would be here 3.12475 seconds ago!

5. Don't worry, it's perfectly safAAAAAARG!

6. Now, witness the power of this fully armed and operational alley cat!

6. i can has World Conquezt?

7. "Paid for by the eyeliner and mascara manufacturers of Gotham"

8. Batman finally tracks down what is missing from the DCEU: Stan Lee!

10. He stopped in the diner for a bite, and just couldn't resist playing with his food

11. Well MINE is chromed!

#1 Despite seeing his merchandise sales drop like a meteor to Earth, he still knew how to put on a brave face.

#2 Despite this not being the first time William fell for the fake fancy dress party invite, he decided to go with the adage “dance like nobody’s watching”.

#3 “Sorry sir, all the spots in the League have been filled”

”Don’t be ridiculous Skeets. How could you possibly know that?”

#4 “Join the League they said. You’ll become a respected member of the team they said”

#5 Even Kiteman had to admit that his sleepwalking had got out of hand.

#6 Mr Twinkletoes was not impressed by this weirdo photobombing his new avatar shot.

#7 Joker proved once again that he was second to none at What’s the Time Mr Wolf.

#8 Gordon finally had proof that Batman had a real issue with saying “bye”.

#9 Professor Zoom was happy with his Injustice Gang application photo.

#10 “I’m just a love machine”

#11 Once again the guys misunderstood the term flash dance.

And..."contest" closed!

Thank you to everyone who participated--the captions were all appropriately hilarious! :grin:

Hopefully we will have more spontaneous contests like this one in the future. :thumbup:

On 11/2/2018 at 8:33 PM, Captain Nemo said:

And..."contest" closed!

Thank you to everyone who participated--the captions were all appropriately hilarious! :grin:

Hopefully we will have more spontaneous contests like this one in the future. :thumbup:

I just noticed I got my first "tag" today. I would like to thank you for that. (I thought I would never get one of those "tags", so that is nice.) :sweet: 

I am sure everyone would like more contest like this. :classic: 

15 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I just noticed I got my first "tag" today. I would like to thank you for that. (I thought I would never get one of those "tags", so that is nice.) :sweet: 

Likewise, I can’t see them if I log in via my phone, so I only saw it today. Thank you for my Joker face.

Funny answers, everybody!

18 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Agreed; I had fun finding interesting screenshots to use, so I definitely want to see more of these.