Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

12 hours ago, BrickSantorum said:

This is why I am 99% sure another Disney D2C will not be a castle. Asking Disney fans to shell out $350 for one castle is already a big ask. Having another on the shelves at the same time — which honestly isn’t THAT different — seems like a good way to convince fans who are on the fence that they don’t need either. 

You know, just as 2016's Disney Castle represented the Disney brand as a whole, I think a D2C Dwarves' Cottage from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves could pay homage to Disney's animated legacy being cinema history's first ever feature-length animated feature. :shrug_oh_well:

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I heard it on Instagram. 

Hmmm, any further details given beyond that? :shrug_confused:

12 hours ago, strangely said:

On the flip side, I'm not certain they'd make another D2C castle with the current one still on shelves. Perhaps another type of attraction from the parks (a dark ride would be cool). But honestly, at this point, I'm really not sure what to expect.

I’d love to see a Dark Ride, probably one of my favourite ride from the parks is Peter Pan’s flight. That said, the Disney Castle had a lot of references to various films, a set based of a specific ride wouldn’t necessarily be able to do that. But so,eating like Main Street USA could also be another option, maybe with a partner’s statue.

I would be all over a Dwarfs Cottage! Easily my favourite movie, and the building should translate well. It has just better come with all the Dwarfs, ideally using the new mid-size articulated legs.

21 hours ago, BrickSantorum said:

This is why I am 99% sure another Disney D2C will not be a castle. Asking Disney fans to shell out $350 for one castle is already a big ask. Having another on the shelves at the same time — which honestly isn’t THAT different — seems like a good way to convince fans who are on the fence that they don’t need either. 

Would Sleeping Beauty's Castle be as big and therefore expensive as Cinderella's Castle? If they're true to the proportions of the actual castles in the theme parks, then the Disneyland Castle is significantly smaller than the Disney World Castle: https://imgur.com/d9DZbEP

Releasing a smaller, more affordable castle could capture the market who are otherwise unable or unwilling to spend $500 (AUD) on a single Lego play set.

I fully admit my bias in this respect, as I really want a Lego Sleeping Beauty's Castle!

Just now, Agent 86 said:

Would Sleeping Beauty's Castle be as big and therefore expensive as Cinderella's Castle? If they're true to the proportions of the actual castles in the theme parks, then the Disneyland Castle is significantly smaller than the Disney World Castle: https://imgur.com/d9DZbEP

Releasing a smaller, more affordable castle could capture the market who are otherwise unable or unwilling to spend $500 (AUD) on a single Lego play set.

I fully admit my bias in this respect, as I really want a Lego Sleeping Beauty's Castle!

I guess they would go with the Paris one

A Disney D2C? Safe bet is whatever it is goes nicely with the CMF's. But yeah I kinda hope not Sleeping Beauty's Castle just to give some distance from the previous. Maybe a Haunted Mansion? Or a Jolly Roger (Hooks Ship)? 

21 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I guess they would go with the Paris one

If they choose this one, they'd better include the dragon, Paris Castle is the only one with dragon lair. :dsweet:

Or else, what about a kind of Disney park that we could put around the 2016 Disney Castle ?

2 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

If they choose this one, they'd better include the dragon, Paris Castle is the only one with dragon lair. :dsweet:

Or else, what about a kind of Disney park that we could put around the 2016 Disney Castle ?

I love the dragon so much! Such an awesome, evocative and immersive detail in the castle.

I'd be happy if Lego went all-in with the "Disney" brand in terms of the theme parks - a complete Main Street with ALL of the buildings in Modular-style (well, perhaps with open-backs since the castle wasn't fully enclosed), railway, assorted rides both big (e.g. Haunted Mansion) and small (e.g. Dumbo's Flying Elephants), a "parade" with various floats, etc. But, I'm not sure how like that is.

Does anyone know what the catalog say about the next series? 

In the corner of TLM2 pic there is a teaser for the sring series (aka The Disney one). Does it confirm the release date?

11 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Does anyone know what the catalog say about the next series? 

In the corner of TLM2 pic there is a teaser for the sring series (aka The Disney one). Does it confirm the release date?

It says something along the lines of new series in May. It will definitely surprise you 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

It says something along the lines of new series in May. It will definitely surprise you 

Um, as in it's not Disney Series 2? Will it be Series 19 after all?! :distressed:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Um, as in it's not Disney Series 2? Will it be Series 19 after all?! :distressed:

I don’t think that teaser discredits the Disney rumor at all. Honestly to a lot of people ie childern Disney series 2 would be more surprising then series 19 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Honestly to a lot of people ie childern Disney series 2 would be more surprising then series 19 

Huh? By surprising, do you rather mean exciting? :shrug_confused:

Definitely exited about a new Disney D2C. Cinderella's Castle was great so I hope the follow up is on the same level of quietly. I would say Sleeping Beauty's Castle is the most likely option. I looked at pictures and I think it could definitely work. Personally I would love a Castle based off The Little Mermaid. 

On 12/18/2018 at 7:32 PM, Faefrost said:

Or a Jolly Roger (Hooks Ship)? 

Hey, Classic Pirates fans might appreciate that... :shrug_oh_well:

On 12/18/2018 at 11:04 AM, sunhuntin said:

I would be all over a Dwarfs Cottage! Easily my favourite movie, and the building should translate well. It has just better come with all the Dwarfs, ideally using the new mid-size articulated legs.

Well, Eurobricks' own @cesbrick did an awfully nice build of it! :wub:

Just like a doll's house

*Squeee* that's lovely! I could see it being populated by a couple of the Friends animals, especially the deer as they look similar to the movie ones.

For me Disney S1 reached an all time low for the CMF line for me. Excluding the base, some Disney figures had only 3 parts to them, we’ve never reached that low in CMF and never have since. I hope S2 doesn’t follow suit.

On 12/19/2018 at 9:04 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Will there be another licensed CMF series after Disney Series 2?

6 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

Will there be another licensed CMF series after Disney Series 2?

From what we know thanks to Itaria, the line-up goes as follows

-Jan/Freb: LEGO Movie 2

-May: Disney Series 2

-Sep: Series 19

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey, Classic Pirates fans might appreciate that... :shrug_oh_well:

That's true.  And 2019 is a big Pirates anniversary...

Still, doubtful.  The Sleeping Beauty Castle seems the most likely to me.  I just expect it to be a similar set, and something as iconic a symbol as the last one, but something that won't compete too much in sales.  So the Sleeping Beauty Castle, which is smaller than the Cinderella Castle, could work well and compliment the other set.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

From what we know thanks to Itaria, the line-up goes as follows

-Jan/Freb: LEGO Movie 2

-May: Disney Series 2

-Sep: Series 19

Oh, okay. Thank you for the clarification.

17 hours ago, J4ck said:

For me Disney S1 reached an all time low for the CMF line for me. Excluding the base, some Disney figures had only 3 parts to them, we’ve never reached that low in CMF and never have since. I hope S2 doesn’t follow suit.

Maggie Simpson in two different CMF series:

colsim-5.pngcolsim2-4.png

Base plus THREE parts in each case.