Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

Well, don‘t forget the possibility of a second TLM2 series next January, which would mean that there‘d only be one spot for a licensed series, which would probably be WW series 2 rather than Disney series 3 :wink:

The problem is it‘s hard to assess the likelihood of a second series based on TLM2. The movie underperformed, but we don‘t know how well the sets and the CMF series are doing, which is a far more important metric in this context.

Personally though, my ideal selection for 2020 would be Series 20, Disney Series 3 and WW Series 2, but we‘ll see how that turns out :grin: I also wouldn‘t mind 4 regular series a year, but I doubt other people‘s wallets would agree with me there :purrr:

Just saw an announcement about Agent P’s showcase adventure in Epcot being redone as Ducktales ft. Triplets & Scrooge....

now it kind of makes sense with the choice to include them. Honestly, if it weren’t for Disney redoing the attraction I would bet my last dollar that they would not have been in series 2

On 4/3/2019 at 10:48 AM, Accio Lego said:

To be honest, I think one of the biggest reasons it took so long to get series 2 is because in the intervening 3 years there have been 3 Lego movies, totaling 4 licensed CMFs between them. That’s half the CMFs for the past 3 years, but with no immediately scheduled plans for another Lego movie there will undoubtedly be more opportunities for different licensed series. 

Just please maintain room for at least one un-licensed CMS per year.

22 hours ago, Agent 86 said:

I definitely want the Disney CMF series to continue - there is a HUGE amount of characters to draw from across Disney and Pixar.

I most heartily agree, as it's definitely one of Lego's better choices for a long-term licensed CMS line. :classic:

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Personally though, my ideal selection for 2020 would be Series 20, Disney Series 3 and WW Series 2, but we‘ll see how that turns out 

Ditto. :thumbup: :smug:

Not sure if it's been brought up yet (I didn't see anything, but could have missed it), but looks like we may not actually be getting that inner leg printing after all...

8Bz2FqF 2.jpg

12 hours ago, Avoidberg said:

Not sure if it's been brought up yet (I didn't see anything, but could have missed it), but looks like we may not actually be getting that inner leg printing after all...

In the first pic the mouth is open as well.

Sally has two faces. The only case I remember where there was a discrepancy between the official images and figures was vacation Batgirl who had leg printing not depicted on the images. 

Just ordered a box, I can't wait ! I won't choose between one or another, I love both series for different reasons. Don't you think that Scrooge's hat is a little bit too small for his head ?

Does anyone know if there are any feel guides posted yet? I managed just fine putting together my own for the Harry Potter series, but I’d like too see other people’s opinions on what to look for. 

According to aclego.03 on IG, the Disney D2C is going to be the "Disney Train", so probably one of the train rides in the parks :classic: I've only been to the one in Paris, so I don't know what its American counterparts look like. *Crosses fingers so hard for Goofy they might snap*

Edited by Lego-Freak

Maybe the WDWRR, but there are three different style locos  and I think two different color passeneger cars (green, red to match corresponding loco). Not that I think most people would know or care about the different options though.

I imagine it will be the Fantasyland/Magic Kingdom train with the iconic train station. But I think I would actually prefer it be Big Thunder Mountain. A roller coaster train set is more appealing to me than yet another Lego railroad.

Hopefully there's some amazing minifigures. Goofy would be great, but I also would like to see Cinderella or any of the princesses for that matter. I liked Disney castle, but populating it with mostly variants of characters and then including only 1 new character was pretty lame. If they want me to keep spending $300 on these things, I need better minifigures included.

If they continue like apocalypseburg, pretty much every fig will be exclusive. But Disney will likely tell Lego what to include and what not. 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

According to aclego.03 on IG, the Disney D2C is going to be the "Disney Train", so probably one of the train rides in the parks :classic: I've only been to the one in Paris, so I don't know what its American counterparts look like. *Crosses fingers so hard for Goofy they might snap*

I’m pretty sure it’s going to be the train that encircles the park and will probably include Main Street Depot and a Mickey “floral”, seen at the entrances to the parks in California, Florida, and Hong Kong (Tokyo, Paris, and Shanghai have modified entrances that are missing all three elements together in the same location)

BTD3.jpg

mk19962016c_trainstation1996cb.jpg

Does anyone have the UPC, SKU for Walmart or DPCI for Target numbers?

Interesting choice for the D2C 

They are totally recoloring Mickey's CMF hat from Series 2 for a train conductor hat 

54 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Interesting choice for the D2C 

They are totally recoloring Mickey's CMF hat from Series 2 for a train conductor hat 

Thought about that, too!

21 hours ago, strangely said:

I imagine it will be the Fantasyland/Magic Kingdom train with the iconic train station.

Heh, I wonder if "Casey Junior" from Dumbo could be another possibility! :shrug_oh_well:

21 hours ago, strangely said:

But I think I would actually prefer it be Big Thunder Mountain. A roller coaster train set is more appealing to me than yet another Lego railroad.

Nah, we don't have as many opportunities nowadays for Lego to give us a Steam Engine (I know, I know, HP/WW just gave us another Hogwarts Express last year), so I'm definitely hoping it'll be one of the trains from either of the Disney theme parks! :sweet:

"Disney Train" makes a lot of sense, and it will likely be very similar to Disney Castle: a set based off an iconic part of the Disney Parks (train station/entrance, and the castle) while also not looking exactly like any one of them.

It's like Disney is trying to make its own unique park out of Lego. Not sure how I feel about it because you'd think Disney fans would be more willing to shell out $300+ for replicas of existing things at the parks instead of... very expensive OCs.

I'm fully expecting this train to not look exactly like it belongs to any one park in particular, but I'm ready to be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by doclord

22 minutes ago, Modeltrainman said:

@doclord Your statement confuses me. Cinderella Castle is really at WDW.

It is, and while it's close in terms of design, Disney Castle is kind of its own thing in both color and design. It's very similar though.

21 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Does anyone have the UPC, SKU for Walmart or DPCI for Target numbers?

SKU for Wally World is 767437152. All of the stores in my area have them listed in stock, but I suspect they're in the back/incoming on the truck.