Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

I know this thread has been dominated by Train news, but back to CMF.  You can now by a complete box on shop@home for $239.99 in the US.  $.60 cents more than buying 60 individual bags, but at least you know what you are getting.  Hopefully this is a trend that continues with future CMF.

Goofy. I need that Goofy. I knew they were holding back Goofy for something.  You can't have Disney WITHOUT Goofy!

I just saw the Disney train in the Copenhagen LEGO store - it looks fantastic and much larger than I thought. For those that already got it or ordered it; congratulations and enjoy building! 

The September store calendar says there is a giveaway on September 1 for people who come in dressed as a Disney character.  thebrickfan says that it is rumored to be an exclusive minifig.  Does anyone have any info on this?

I don't have any Disney character costumes...I wonder if I could get away with it using my Donald Duck Disney-bound outfit...

15 hours ago, RyanMe said:

The September store calendar says there is a giveaway on September 1 for people who come in dressed as a Disney character.  thebrickfan says that it is rumored to be an exclusive minifig.  Does anyone have any info on this?

I wonder whose word it is based on. It seems strange to do an exclusive minifigure just for that, unless it is exclusive but made of otherwise common parts available in sets.

There has been a hiccup in shipping and now I don't know when I will have my hot little hands on that train station...Fedex, why must your office hours be so inconvenient?

17 hours ago, RyanMe said:

Sounds more like an in-store-build sort of event to me... Have they ever released minifigs (in polybags or otherwise) at events like that? :oh3:

I think if it was a minifig, we would’ve seen it by now. Unless we’re talking about TLG’s best-kept secret in all of history

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sounds more like an in-store-build sort of event to me... Have they ever released minifigs (in polybags or otherwise) at events like that? :oh3:

I think if it was a minifig, we would’ve seen it by now. Unless we’re talking about TLG’s best-kept secret in all of history

I've asked my local lego store employees, but haven't received an answer.  I did read somewhere they are giving out a Disney CMF.

On 8/28/2019 at 8:20 AM, RyanMe said:

I've asked my local lego store employees, but haven't received an answer.  I did read somewhere they are giving out a Disney CMF.

The only place I’ve read that is BrickFan, which often reports inaccurate information (and then goes back and edits posts to remove it without acknowledging it). Have you got a second source for the CMF rumor?

21 hours ago, BrickSantorum said:

The only place I’ve read that is BrickFan, which often reports inaccurate information (and then goes back and edits posts to remove it without acknowledging it). Have you got a second source for the CMF rumor?

The manager of the local LEGO store confirmed it is a series 2 CMF

41 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

The manager of the local LEGO store confirmed it is a series 2 CMF

A specific one, or just grab a bag off the shelf, or what?

16 minutes ago, Karalora said:

A specific one, or just grab a bag off the shelf, or what?

They have a box and are just handing you one 

On 8/13/2019 at 10:52 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t know if it has been pointed out yet but there is a sticker or printed tile with the Lego Disney castle box along with a micro build of the Lego Disney castle. It’s actually really clever 

Nice find. I love Lego Easter eggs...maybe this is an Easter egg showing that the only place to buy the Lego Disney Castle will be in this set, seeing as it is retiring at the end of the year...

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, no one's gonna mention the new D2C brick-built Mickey & Minnie set coming later this month? :oh3:

We’ve been discussing it over in the Disney Princess 2020 thread :wink: I guess nobody before you bothered to dig up this abandoned thread, which is far more appropriate, so thank you :laugh:

At this point I don't know why we don't just have a full-fledged Disney theme instead of the occasional set drop. (Yes, I know the Disney Princess theme is just called "Disney" now, but it's so limited in scope I'd hardly say it counts)

12 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

At this point I don't know why we don't just have a full-fledged Disney theme instead of the occasional set drop. (Yes, I know the Disney Princess theme is just called "Disney" now, but it's so limited in scope I'd hardly say it counts)

Likely because Disney merchandise is always heavily subdivided into franchise brands. The only reason the LEGO Princess theme was renamed was so they could keep including Frozen sets under that banner, even though Anna and Elsa are NOT officially part of Disney Princess, which ironically is because Frozen is still so popular as its own brand. The Disney Animated Canon as a whole (which I assume is what you meant by a Disney theme) is too broad-based--they have all kinds of movies in there and they wouldn't know who to market it to. They managed to get Princess out of the subset of movies that feature a female lead with a glamorous costume, because it's easy to sell dress-up fantasies to little girls, but there was no "natural" grouping of movies to appeal in the same way to little boys. When it came to the boy market, they had to resort to outside IP acquisitions like Cars and Marvel, which means there is no overall Disney "boy" franchise the way there is a "girl" franchise.

10 hours ago, Karalora said:

Likely because Disney merchandise is always heavily subdivided into franchise brands. The only reason the LEGO Princess theme was renamed was so they could keep including Frozen sets under that banner, even though Anna and Elsa are NOT officially part of Disney Princess, which ironically is because Frozen is still so popular as its own brand. The Disney Animated Canon as a whole (which I assume is what you meant by a Disney theme) is too broad-based--they have all kinds of movies in there and they wouldn't know who to market it to. They managed to get Princess out of the subset of movies that feature a female lead with a glamorous costume, because it's easy to sell dress-up fantasies to little girls, but there was no "natural" grouping of movies to appeal in the same way to little boys. When it came to the boy market, they had to resort to outside IP acquisitions like Cars and Marvel, which means there is no overall Disney "boy" franchise the way there is a "girl" franchise.

I suppose that makes sense, still disappointing though. There's so much potential there yet all we get is 18 minifigs every few years and a couple extra sets thrown in here and there.