Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oooooooh, that there's a beautiful-looking locomotive, and the station ain't half-bad architecturally-speaking either! :thumbup: :blush:

PromoBricks - LEGO 71044 Disney Train and Station: First picture is Here

lego-disney-71044-train-and-station-2019-0000pb.jpg

all pics are there... https://www.promobricks.de/lego-disney-71044-train-and-station-offizielle-setbilder-figuren-preis/84830

(PS:  it's 379$ CAD) ;)

Meh, I’m not impressed by the minifig assortment and by the lack of a brick built Mickey floral. Skipping this; I can wait for a Goofy variant in an inevitable Disney CMF S3. They really need to do a Disney Parks theme with modestly sized and AFFORDABLE sets featuring fun action features similar to the JW Triceratops’ egg spinner (heck, even the Friends carnival sub theme). 

Phew, the station does have a nice-looking interior after all, quite weird how the first picture made it seem so empty, unfortunate angle I guess :classic: And even the train has an interior! Speaking of which: the micro-scale train models are just adorable :wub:

The inside is a little plain in the center section, but otherwise I like the design of the station.

Minnie's cloth skirt is interesting, but I'm wondering if it's execution in the actual set will look as good as it does in the renders.

All pictures have leaked on Instagram..the back isn’t packed full like the castle but does have a few nice touches to it..model Disney trains, themed trash can etc

Overall very pleased with this set. The train looks great. The station is bigger and better than I expected. I like the mini LEGO Disney castle set in the tower. Mini figures are a little disappointing (except Goofy). Definitely going to be buying but will wait until there is a good promo. 

it appears there are posters/b&w photos on the bottom right room’s wall...hoping it’s similar to the ride posters you see walking into magic kingdom...I am also thinking that top room on the right is supposed to be Walt’s famous apartment/room in Disney

some small touches that go a long way

I find it quite interesting that Mickey has a cartoonishly-styled engineer's outfit while Chip and Dale's conductor attire differ in that respect... :oh:

48527800576_a806eeb0f2_n.jpg48527954642_f91d99a772_n.jpg48527954567_6f05f85419_n.jpg

I like this set but it feels like something’s missing to me. The train looks like a normal set and doesn’t seem impressive enough for a $330 D2C- it’s like they just added another passenger car to the Winter Village Train. The station looks gorgeous though and that’s the real standout for me. I love the interior and I like that the train is motorized with a complete set of tracks but $330 seems overpriced to me even considering those specialized parts. 

10 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Since discussion of 71044 Disney Train and Station has already been going on, I decided to just rename the topic to suit. Carry on!

I just noticed that you didn't exclusively designate the topic to the 2019 year. Does that mean all discussion of any potential Disney-themed CMS and D2Cs after the fact should take place here from now on? :shrug_confused:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Another stickers galore :sadnew: I wonder if the red curtain pieces are printed though, but it's hard to tell on a close up. The detail all around is pretty great, I especially like the handcuffs on the roof and the mini models. It's a really nice surprise we're actually getting conductor Mickey, recent minifigure leaks fooled us with the Disney Castle version.

Don't like the UK price, though. I know it's justified by train tracks and PU motors, but it really shouldn't be more expensive than the castle...

I don’t know if it has been pointed out yet but there is a sticker or printed tile with the Lego Disney castle box along with a micro build of the Lego Disney castle. It’s actually really clever 

As a fan of Duck and Mouse comics I've always wanted a Lego Disney theme, but I find the sets and CMFs we eventually got these past few years quite disappointing. Okay, the castle wasn't that bad because at least it included all those movie references. But this set only looks like advertising to me. They could have utilized the actual stories and characters - especially those from the comic book branch that haven't really been touched on at all so far. But instead they merely depicted Disneyland and its bland "costumed mascot" versions of Mickey and co again.

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I find it quite interesting that Mickey has a cartoonishly-styled engineer's outfit while Chip and Dale's conductor attire differ in that respect... :oh:

Kinda feel like Lego will end up reusing that torso design in one way or another. It doesn't feel very exclusive.

The set is absolutely gorgeous.

But it's so expensive that I'll need to win the lottery before I can get it . . 

Are we likely to see it discounted? It's obviously a D2C.

7 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Are we likely to see it discounted? It's obviously a D2C.

I don't think Disney Castle was ever discounted, at least in UK. Some D2Cs are priced down, but usually before retirement. For the train it could happen in 2022 or even later for all we know.

I like it, but it’s $50 more than the Disney Castle! As much as I love Disney, I can’t fathom paying that much for something so small (if beautiful).

I hope that we get some ... better value for money Disney themed sets in the future. I would still love to see Sleeping Beauty’s castle from Disneyland LA.

6 hours ago, 9v brick master said:

I hope this leads to more minfig scale Disneyland attractions

I would want a matterhorn ride, some mainstreet buildings, and monrail 

Jungle Cruise boat, baby!

For all the details they pack in, gd were they incredibly lazy with the loco. They clearly wanted the build based on the #1 train (red cars, #1 badge on front), but did a 4-4-0 wheel arrangement (#4) with the green boiler (#3). I prefer some diversity in the color so don’t mind the green but really wish they would’ve stuck with one loco’s style.  Wonder how difficult it will be to mod properly. 

Edited by KevinMD
More

On 8/13/2019 at 3:28 PM, Brick Cucumber said:
On 8/13/2019 at 8:25 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Kinda feel like Lego will end up reusing that torso design in one way or another. It doesn't feel very exclusive.

That's sorta what I was figuring too, as if it were ulteriorly designed for some other particular set(s) after the fact. :wink:

Maybe i should go to Disneyworld to see the niceness of this set? 

The only thing that keeps my attention is Goofy (one of the best disney figs imho).

plus i like the use of the handcuffs for the roof.