Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

Doesnt look too special

I dont really get why this needed to be a Disney set. This could have been a regular set with normal figures. 

The Disney set could have been like a parade with floats or the Haunted Mansion or the Disneyland Castle. Something more "Disney-like" if that makes sense

This doesnt feel as "magical" as the Disneyworld castle

Since discussion of 71044 Disney Train and Station has already been going on, I decided to just rename the topic to suit. Carry on!

I think the train and station both look great and very highly detailed. The box art is really top notch too!

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The Disney set could have been like a parade with floats or the Haunted Mansion or the Disneyland Castle. Something more "Disney-like" if that makes sense

Well luckily for Haunted Mansion fans a Lego Ideas submission has reached 10000 votes really fast and will be up next review period. 

28 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Doesnt look too special

I dont really get why this needed to be a Disney set. This could have been a regular set with normal figures. 

The train station is an iconic part of Disney land and its the first thing you see when you enter the park. Also, the train is a perfect set for Disney since Walt Disney himself was a massive fan of trains and even wanted to be a train engineer like his father. Is it as big or eye popping like the Castle of course not but it’s not trying to be like the castle. The Magic is all there in the set and reminds those about being at Disney Land.

32 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Doesnt look too special

The station (and the Mickey Head Garden in front of it) is very iconic in Disneyland. It is its main entrance. Disneyworld is different, no garden, but the station is similar. I don’t remember the train colors in Disneyworld.

I like this! Doesn’t look like the station is too deep, but the train is charming and the figures look nice (finally Goofy!) Anyone know anything about price?

I love this set so much, this is a day one for me!

if I had to nitpick though, I really was hoping that the boiler on the engine was going to be longer. LEGO tends to make these small, compact boilers and I really wanted it to be longer than the WV train. Oh well!

That station is amazing! Pretty great looking set overall. Excited to get a better look at Chip n Dale & Goofy. The price on this is going to hurt...fortunately I’ll likely be skipping it. I would jump on that station though. :wub:

Just posted on a NZ web toy shop FB page is box pic of the Disney train saying "coming soon". Can I post pic here?

This looks simply amazing! I‘m really glad they also included the station though I wonder what its interior looks like. I doubt it will include references to Disney movies à la Disney Castle (what would they do in a train station?), but maybe there are some references to park-specific stuff? :purrr:

I feel the mini figure for the Disney Train is a bit of let down.  Although getting Goofy is nice but we desperately need Pluto!

2 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

Just posted on a NZ web toy shop FB page is box pic of the Disney train saying "coming soon". Can I post pic here?

That store has been saying they will open in 2019 since Q4 last year but yet to opened.  And they sound like more of a massive reselling website.  Plus posting leaked photos on their page several times, so I would probably wait until Lego announced it officially before posting any pics.

Saw a pic on FB, and my initial reaction was it looks great! Then I did the price conversion on the estimated Euro price and my yes changed to a not likely. Looks like around the $600NZD mark, way too high for what it is. I do hope the price won't be that high, but still unlikely.

Chip and Dale being dressed like that also says these are definitely based on cast members, not the classic characters, which isn't a bad thing, but doesn't line up with how I view the figs that have come before.

Edited by sunhuntin

Looking at the big window in the tower, it looks like the building is going to be completely hollow at the back and rather shallow. Definitely don't feel like it merits a price rivaling the castle.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

I think it looks good. But, not being a train fan, I’m not seeing the value if this is the same price as (or more expensive than) the Disney Castle.

I guess it’s the train track and battery which makes it so expensive? I am curious to see what they did with the “interior” of the station (if anything).

27 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Looking at the big window in the tower, it looks like the building is going to be completely hollow at the back and rather shallow. [...]

Hm, good point... I hope it at least has some interior in the door- and window-less sections, otherwise it‘d really be just a façade :sceptic:

39 minutes ago, Agent 86 said:

I think it looks good. But, not being a train fan, I’m not seeing the value if this is the same price as (or more expensive than) the Disney Castle.

In Germany it's 20€ cheaper than the Castle (330€ vs. 350€)

The set doesn't do anything for me unfortunately, As someone who has never been to Disneyland or Disneyworld, this location means nothing to me. The castle, however, was iconic, but even so I haven't picked that one up either. That being said, I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who will recognise this location and can look at it objectively from that perspective. As I am not one of them though, I am simply looking at this from a moderate Disney fan and Lego fan standpoint and it doesn't do enough in that sense. The train is quaint and reminds me of a more grand version of the Toy Story Western Train, but couple that with what looks to me like a facade of a train station and I'm just not seeing the value, even with the minifigures. If the price point is roughly the same as the castle, then for the piece count and the fact that it has track and battery, then on the surface it seems like reasonable value considering the Disney license, but it's not for me.

I am interested to know more of the opinions of those who know the location and those who maybe are simply fans of trains.

The set is growing on me, but for ~450CAD, it is pretty darn expensive, considering the castle costs 400CAD. I guess the train tracks and Powered Up pieces ramp up the cost.

Announcement today? Or was the timer for the 13th just for the leak?

12 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

The set is growing on me, but for ~450CAD, it is pretty darn expensive, considering the castle costs 400CAD. I guess the train tracks and Powered Up pieces ramp up the cost.

Announcement today? Or was the timer for the 13th just for the leak?

40 minutes ago, incognito said:

In Germany it's 20€ cheaper than the Castle (330€ vs. 350€)

First thoughts on the train: I quite like it. It was immediately recognizable to me. The station exterior looks nice and I’m glad they added it. The standout figure of this set for me is Goofy. While I like it, I probably won’t get it and instead just Bricklink Goofy. Who knows, maybe other images will do something to sell 100% on this set.

20 minutes ago, Henry Bricklider said:

[...] instead just Bricklink Goofy. [...]

Well, good luck with that, the prices for him will be extraordinary :snicker:

I wonder when the set will be unveiled officially... I thought the previously announced date referred to the official reveal today, not just the leak :shrug_oh_well:

The official reveal most likely is today, just later today. It's not like people coordinate schedules for a leak; any date known ahead of time would be for an official embargo lift.

1 hour ago, Agent 86 said:

I guess it’s the train track and battery which makes it so expensive? I am curious to see what they did with the “interior” of the station (if anything).

An empty building in a modern set will just not do. Heck, they packed interior detail in a structure that's not even a building (the gates in JP D2C), I'm sure the station has something.

I quite love it, although I don't particularly like the fact that it's a train - because I simply have no room for full set of tracks. I'd have to display the train without them, which would make spending extra for the PU motors rather pointless :hmpf_bad: I'll try to think of something but for now I have to put it on hold