117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

New leaked pics of Goofy

Head and hat are molded all together as single piece

The D2C minifigures leaked 

Again, they are recolors of S2 characters

Minnie, Mickey, Chip and Dale

Edited by Robert8

A few new figures emerged, plus the same Mickey design as in the Disney Castle. Chip and Dale are quite a surprise, love them. Minnie looks pretty nice, too, I'm glad she has a new torso. Goofy... that snout sure is prominent :snicker: let's hope he'll look better in person.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

The D2C minifigures leaked 

Again, they are recolors of S2 characters

Minnie, Mickey, Chip and Dale

The dual mould dark blue legs on Chip and Dale look useful. Also, proves that they're intended for the set and not figbarfs. Do you think its supposed to be a conductor's outfit?

36 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Well, if those are all them Goofy is gonna be expensive. 

Yeah, I'm torn because I want to complete the character lineup from S1, but the secondary market prices for exclusive minifigs have lately been a little silly.

Is there an official thread to discuss the upcoming train?  I have searched but haven't found it.

On 7/22/2019 at 9:22 AM, Brick Cucumber said:

Having thought about it since then, I was making a MASSIVE understatement. Disney owns so many characters under it's company, we could get themed Disney series for years without ever running out.

It'll be interesting to see how many version of Mickey and Minnie they can make, they'll probably be in every series  ... which will be first, Mickey dressed as Batman or Batman dressed as Mickey?

Edited by MAB

Yet another Goofy leaked. It has to be real now.

And dude, everyone has that thing 

1 hour ago, MAB said:

which will be first, Mickey dressed as Batman or Batman dressed as Mickey?

:head_back:

Am I the only person disappointed in the figures selection? Not a fan of the reuse of mickey from the castle, the Minnie is alright but feels similar to something we've already seen. I don't like the chip and dale at all. Just seems boring and a reuse of parts from the CMF. I really wanted some more exclusive figures other than goofy, which is the only fig worth getting. They could've turned some other characters that didn't need specific molds from the Disney line into minifigs easily. 

I have no idea of the veracity, but I read on Instagram (always a reliable source for credible information :sceptic:) that Mickey (and maybe Minnie) are meant to be coming in a separate Disney set. Maybe the "Zebra" Disney set?

I do agree about an abundance of Mickey and Minnie minifigures. But, I guess Lego want to get value for money out of the head mould. And if someone ONLY buys the (rumoured) train set, then even as a casual Disney fan, they would expect it to include Mickey Mouse.

Hopefully the Disney CMF line continues for a very long time and we get plenty of other "classic" characters (e.g. Pluto, Oswald, Horace, Clarabelle, Pete, etc).

52 minutes ago, Agent 86 said:

I have no idea of the veracity, but I read on Instagram (always a reliable source for credible information :sceptic:) that Mickey (and maybe Minnie) are meant to be coming in a separate Disney set. Maybe the "Zebra" Disney set?

I do agree about an abundance of Mickey and Minnie minifigures. But, I guess Lego want to get value for money out of the head mould. And if someone ONLY buys the (rumoured) train set, then even as a casual Disney fan, they would expect it to include Mickey Mouse.

Hopefully the Disney CMF line continues for a very long time and we get plenty of other "classic" characters (e.g. Pluto, Oswald, Horace, Clarabelle, Pete, etc).

What is the Disney zebra set? 

4 hours ago, Sheesh417 said:

What is the Disney zebra set? 

Who knows? Well, Lego presumably knows, but I haven't seen any reliable rumours other than "Zebra" possibly being a code name for a new adult-oriented Lego line-up (e.g. something similar to the Forma line). There was a few rumoured categories for Zebra - art, music, Marvel (or maybe it was DC) and Disney (from memory). It could end up being nothing.

On 8/1/2019 at 10:56 AM, Sheesh417 said:

Am I the only person disappointed in the figures selection? Not a fan of the reuse of mickey from the castle, the Minnie is alright but feels similar to something we've already seen. I don't like the chip and dale at all. Just seems boring and a reuse of parts from the CMF. I really wanted some more exclusive figures other than goofy, which is the only fig worth getting. They could've turned some other characters that didn't need specific molds from the Disney line into minifigs easily. 

While I agree wit you that the minifigs are rather boring and would definitely prefer something different, there would be the usual angry backlash of "there should not be so many exclusive minifigs in a set that expensive!  They are too expensive to buy on bricklink!"

Even a simple conductor hat or something to add to chip and dale would have at least made them a bit more desirable.

Stonewars provide some updates concerning the D2C train set:

- VIP release: August 21st :excited:

- piece count: 2925

- price: 329.99 €

- box size: 582x480x124mm (thus slightly thinner than the Disney Castle’s box)

- includes 6AAA batteries

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-71044-disney-zug-release/

I didn’t expect it to be motorized *huh* A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one

Edited by Lego-Freak

On 8/7/2019 at 6:58 AM, Lego-Freak said:

Stonewars provide some updates concerning the D2C train set:

- VIP release: August 21st :excited:

- piece count: 2925

- price: 329.99 €

- box size: 582x480x124mm (thus slightly thinner than the Disney Castle’s box)

- includes 6AAA batteries

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-71044-disney-zug-release/

I didn’t expect it to be motorized *huh* A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one

I expected it to be motorized or include track or both. 2925 pieces for around $330 isn’t a very good price to part ratio for a large set, especially considering the castle was 4080 pieces for only $20 more. This is awesome though, and I’m really excited to see it! 

On 8/10/2019 at 7:56 PM, DisneyLego said:

Train pics are supposed to be released on the 13th

source??

4 hours ago, RyanMe said:
On 8/10/2019 at 7:56 PM, DisneyLego said:

Train pics are supposed to be released on the 13th

source??

Maybe @Falconfan1414? Over on Instagram, he posted a "Story" about six hours ago picturing a countdown clock with nineteen hours to go respective to the time it was posted, which leads up onto the thirteenth tomorrow. :shrug_oh_well:

Just saw the box pic, looks alright. Not as iconic as the castle itself, but that's hard to top. 330€? Is this going to be a ~450CAD set?

I expected to skip this set, but after seeing the picture, I actually love it. I'll definitely be buying this.

Nice to see the station included too.