Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

Oh I love the Goofy figure. He's clearly based on the theme park. Although the only real difference is the waistcoat colour and the patch on the legs so I guess we'll never get a regular goofy in the cmf series since that would be too similar (although I guess that never stopped them before). I think it's real. It looks too good to be fake. Only problem I have is that it kills my last hope for the return of long arms and legs. Oh well.

2 hours ago, Sheesh417 said:

I found a picture on instagram, are we allowed to post on here? 

No, leaks are not allowed here, in compliance with the wishes of The Company.

I feel if goofy's head is just the right size, it can make up for the high difference. These figures are clearly all based off the park versions even in the CMF, otherwise Mickey/Minnie and even Alice would need mid-legs at most to match their cartoon counterpart, so I don't really mind the longer legs not coming back. But, I do wish buzz even used midlegs, its odd seeing him and woody the same height. 

the only thing left now..... PLUTO! 

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Oh I love the Goofy figure. He's clearly based on the theme park. Although the only real difference is the waistcoat colour and the patch on the legs so I guess we'll never get a regular goofy in the cmf series since that would be too similar (although I guess that never stopped them before). I think it's real. It looks too good to be fake.

After finally seeing the image, well, I too guess he looks legit enough to be real, though I really don't see how this figure (if it is indeed real) would inhibit us from ever seeing a CMF variant of Goofy like you suggested. :shrug_confused:

On 6/1/2019 at 7:35 AM, jonwil said:

I think at this point its clear LEGO have abandoned the long legs and arms (if they were going to bring them back they would have done it for the new Toy Story sets).

Well, heck. I even wrote LEGO a letter about the long minifigure arms and legs ever being used again, and I even game them suggestions on which minifigures they could use them in.

I could not find the image but someone sent it to me earlier... and it looks legit to me as well.

He looks like this but in minifigure form (except the hat looks weird, and the vest is not black but yellow-orange?) --

Image is from the Duplo set parts inventory.

I wonder if we will get a Walt in the set since the set is the train and the Main Street station. 

Edited by Sheesh417

That leaked Goofy is iffy... but who knows. 

That woukd be 2 new molds, right? Because the hat is not the same from Mickey

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

though I really don't see how this figure (if it is indeed real) would inhibit us from ever seeing a CMF variant of Goofy like you suggested. :shrug_confused:

Well I can still see a CMF Goofy variant, but what I meant was just not one in his regular orange shirt and blue pants since we will get that outfit in a set now (although a slight variation). Ofcourse it could still happen since we've seen it before with black and white mickey and minnie and even Maggie Simpson who was completely the same, but still I feel they rather go for completely different outfits like KH, 3 musketeers, Goof Troop, Mickey Mouse shorts/classic. Ofcourse I could be wrong.

I doubt that the Goofy is real, for one, they seem to be pushing the separateable pieces for the Disney figures and this seems out of place to have it moulded together. Beyond that, the hat has some really poor print quality on the top and the printing on the figure looks off. Also, the guy who introduced it isn't a reliable source and a lot of credible leakers are letting this be known. As much as I want a goofy figure and am sure we'll get one soon, I doubt that this leak is official.

another minifig pops up. This time it's Minnie. So this shows Goofy is legit but not CMS. Dang nice! 

Oh snap... well I guess they are legit. Interesting change of skirt

But the plastic one looks better

Here she looks like she pulling a Marilyn Monroe

I like the idea of the fabric skirt, but I think the fabric is too rigid for it to work right. This was taken from a factory, maybe they have some sort of process to starch it downwards, otherwise this is going to be one strange looking Minnie.

Not sure why they just didn't use the plastic piece again, I thought it was created just so they wouldn't have to do this with the fabric pieces.

any idea on what is coming in this D2C? really hope it not just the train, hoping for the entrance to magical Kindgom!

Assuming the Goofy minifig is real, what if Lego's plan was to hold off on him in the CMF to get more interest for the D2C, and then later down the line whenever we get Series 3 they'll do his classic appearance rather than the park one?

I think the reason for Minnie having a cloth skirt is so she can sit in the train. I just really wished that we didn’t get another variant of Minnie (one so similar to the castle too!) or any other characters to free up spaces for more exclusive figs. I bet there’s a Mickey too, and might even have the look of a conductor, that’s a good way to repurpose the CMF steamboat willie hat piece. 

I really don’t like the Minnie, there really isn’t anything new or different about it other than the skirt—and I really don’t like it. 

Since the castle had 5 figs, I’m guessing this set will too? 

Goofy, Minnie, most probably Mickey.

hopefully we get a Pluto and another exclusive fig, maybe Cinderella? 

Thoughts? 

I don’t particularly like the cloth skirt either .. I wondered .. if you sprayed the cloth one with ironing starch and then pressed it between 2 moulded skirts .. would it take the shape of a moulded one ? 

The torso print is new but in general I think this Minnie is a let down.

I know there’s absolutely no chance that they’ll do Clarabelle Cow or Horace Horsecollar, but it would be fantastic to see them.

Wonder now many figures we’ll let with this .. we got 5 with the Castle .. a point that still sticks in my throat even after all this time .. we were robbed ! Ha ha 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I'd say another version of Donald or Daisy are likely

Ahaha please no more Donalds and Daisys! We got the same variant of Donald in the CMF and set! LOLL 

I’m going to feel really cheated if that’s the case! Cool figures to come with the set could be the fairies from sleeping beauty since tinker bell came in the castle. It’s be a nice touch of Disney magic.

I wonder when we’re going to get a belle or beast! I have an empty room in the castle that’s literally made for them ? I mean they already have a head mold for the beast and the hair for belle! All that’s missing are torsos and legs! ? with the live action out, I expected them sooner!