Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

Pluto, Goofy, Goofy's hat, Mickey's hat and Minnie's headdress (assuming they would go with their pirates Disneyland costumes)

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:59 AM, Gorilla94 said:

That's all a joke, isn't it? Or is the build so bad, the "no build" was ironic?

My problem is, that he already gave so many good/correct hints, that i don't know if there is some information hidden?

Ah, yes, my bad! I reread what I typed a number of times to try and ensure it couldn't be taken seriously, and then a close, personal friend immediately did exactly that! 'Twas only a joke, @x105Black!

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:04 AM, williejm said:

Yes. We need a sarcasm font. 

As always, @williejm gets it. 

Sorry for any confusion, all!

1 hour ago, Alegrispa said:

What are the chances of LEGO bringing PotC into series 3? Slim to none? :(

Probably :/ seeing as so far between 2 series we haven’t gotten a single live action movie character 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Probably :/ seeing as so far between 2 series we haven’t gotten a single live action movie character 

Do we need them though? We've gotten plenty from the actual series.

Any chance the steamboat set sells out tomorrow? Looking to wait till later in the week when the skater chicken promo starts but don’t want to risk having to wait for the steamboat to restock.

i bought the castle right away but can’t remember initial availability 

7 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Do we need them though? We've gotten plenty from the actual series.

Oh, I agree we don’t need any Pirates of the Caribbean characters in a Disney cmf, but I wouldn’t mind some other classic live action movie characters, like Mary Poppins. 

oh dagnammit I just visited my nearby lego store picked up steamboat willie and a couple of other sets and now do I realise they didn't give me a free chicken skater pod so I guess I will have to contact someone

16 minutes ago, TheGlynreaper said:

oh dagnammit I just visited my nearby lego store picked up steamboat willie and a couple of other sets and now do I realise they didn't give me a free chicken skater pod so I guess I will have to contact someone

Chicken skater pod promo only starts later this week..April 5-22

7 minutes ago, DisneyLego said:

Chicken skater pod promo only starts later this week..April 5-22

oh my bad phew that has saved me from some humiliation thank you for that

7 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

oh my bad phew that has saved me from some humiliation thank you for that

Actually it does start today. The 5th is for the USA but for England it's today.

4 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Have I somehow missed Fangy’s review? I can’t seem to find it. 

A minifigure series ain’t a minifigure series until @WhiteFang has reviewed it.

It’s still not ready as I only had received it yesterday. I am currently working on it. 

24 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

It’s still not ready as I only had received it yesterday. I am currently working on it. 

Yay!

31 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

:sweet:

14 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

Looking forward to it, as always! 

I suppose the speculation has already started as to if we’ll get a third series (pretty much everyone weighing in seems to think so), and when (please don’t make us wait another three years). 

2 hours ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

I suppose the speculation has already started as to if we’ll get a third series (pretty much everyone weighing in seems to think so), and when (please don’t make us wait another three years). 

To be honest, I think one of the biggest reasons it took so long to get series 2 is because in the intervening 3 years there have been 3 Lego movies, totaling 4 licensed CMFs between them. That’s half the CMFs for the past 3 years, but with no immediately scheduled plans for another Lego movie there will undoubtedly be more opportunities for different licensed series. 

From a financial standpoint, I am happy to have a break between series. I just hope we do get a third series at some stage.

5 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

To be honest, I think one of the biggest reasons it took so long to get series 2 is because in the intervening 3 years there have been 3 Lego movies, totaling 4 licensed CMFs between them. That’s half the CMFs for the past 3 years, but with no immediately scheduled plans for another Lego movie there will undoubtedly be more opportunities for different licensed series. 

We also had the Harry Potter CMF last year, so that's 5 licensed CMFs since Disney series 1.

9 hours ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

I definitely want the Disney CMF series to continue - there is a HUGE amount of characters to draw from across Disney and Pixar.

I'd be happy for them to be released yearly or every two years. I guess it may also depend upon whether they deliberately release a CMF series together with a D2C. If so, that might explain the delay, not just for design and production purposes, but also to allow fans time to save money for the next D2C.

Speaking of which, I hope that the new D2C isn't Pirates of the Caribbean based. I guess it could be the Blue Bayou restaurant with a couple of boats and scenery on water out the back? Or it could be the village under attack by pirates with Red herself as the star attraction? It's hard to know what their approach will be since the Castle was obviously intended to look like the ones in Florida and Tokyo, but the interior was completely novel and a tribute to the various Disney films.

I just hope that for the next series they don't take up 8 spots for the Mickey circus. 4 was fine like the first one. And hopefully we'll get some missing counterparts (Like Aurora, and now Phil and Meg) and some hunchback, Ralph, Snow White and Pocahontas. 

Edited by Otherworld

55 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I just hope that for the next series they don't take up 8 spots for the Mickey circus. 4 was fine like the first one. And hopefully we'll get some missing counterparts (Like Aurora, and now Phil and Meg) and some hunchback, Ralph, Snow White and Pocahontas. 

It depends on how Lego does it. I don't want another version of Mickey or Minnie, Donald, Daisy etc. (besides medium legged versions but then Scrooge would need  a  remake, too). If they do just new characters i'd be happy with a whole series of these figures.

While i completely agree with you, that there are lots of characters left for a 3rd series, I don't think many of your desired characters would be included :/

Meg and Phil won't happen :/ they are not that important (even if i would love them beeing made most from all the missing classic film-characters). Malificent is that popular for a big part because of her many appearances in Kingdom Hearts so i also doubt Aurora. I could imagine Hunchbag and Frollo or Esmeralda, Snow White and the evil Queen, Mulan and Shan Yu in the next wave. Pochahontas seems quite unlikely, too, if I see all the people in youtube complaining about the movie beeing politically incorrect. I also don't think the evil guy from that movie would is very popular and John Smith would be a very boring figure, which could be easily done with existing pieces and prints. I could see them doing Belle, Beast and Gaston . 

8 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

It depends on how Lego does it. I don't want another version of Mickey or Minnie, Donald, Daisy etc. (besides medium legged versions but then Scrooge would need  a  remake, too). If they do just new characters i'd be happy with a whole series of these figures.

While i completely agree with you, that there are lots of characters left for a 3rd series, I don't think many of your desired characters would be included :/

Meg and Phil won't happen :/ they are not that important (even if i would love them beeing made most from all the missing classic film-characters). Malificent is that popular for a big part because of her many appearances in Kingdom Hearts so i also doubt Aurora. I could imagine Hunchbag and Frollo or Esmeralda, Snow White and the evil Queen, Mulan and Shan Yu in the next wave. Pochahontas seems quite unlikely, too, if I see all the people in youtube complaining about the movie beeing politically incorrect. I also don't think the evil guy from that movie would is very popular and John Smith would be a very boring figure, which could be easily done with existing pieces and prints. I could see them doing Belle, Beast and Gaston . 

Yeah, that's a very good point. Oh well, business is business.

5 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

We also had the Harry Potter CMF last year, so that's 5 licensed CMFs since Disney series 1.

Yes, there have been 8 CMFs since Disney series 1: 3 unlicensed, 4 for Lego movies, and the Wizarding World one. My point was that without any prospective Lego movies to take up 80% of the licensed series, we’ll likely get a possible series 3 quicker than last time - although it’s likely that a WW series 2 will come first (not that I’m complaining about that :) )