Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

I know I'm probably in the minority on this, but I would be thrilled to have a bipedal Pluto specifically because of the theme park connection.

39 minutes ago, Karalora said:

I know I'm probably in the minority on this, but I would be thrilled to have a bipedal Pluto specifically because of the theme park connection.

Not alone! I’m right there with ya. It’d go great with the castle and the other characters.

Is Sally a new (or returning) color? I thought she was yellowish green at first, then light aqua, but it looks like it might be more of a "mint" color I haven't seen before.

Edit: nevermind, light aqua has always had a greenish tint to it. 

Edited by Megaflora

On 3/22/2019 at 11:50 PM, Huigberts Builds said:

I mean if they do a new mold for both Chip and Dale they really won't cheap out on Goofy by giving him printed teeth.

In my opinion, Lego really should've found some sorta way to print (rather than mold) less-static features such as mouths for Mickey & Company's specialized heads, as they're all now stuck with only a single expression. Granted, having duck bills and all, Donald, Daisy, and the Duck Tales "quack pack" are one thing, but at least Mickey's/Minnie's head could've easily done without a molded mouth for further expressive possibilities (via printing instead). :sceptic:

2 hours ago, MAB said:

CMF came first

Exactly

The CMFs are designed a year in advance. They have said it several times

Maybe delaying the Ideas set for the next review would have been better

That way the set would have been released around next winter, after Disney S2 was already replaced by S19

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Exactly

The CMFs are designed a year in advance. They have said it several times

Maybe delaying the Ideas set for the next review would have been better

That way the set would have been released around next winter, after Disney S2 was already replaced by S19

It usually takes several months for an Ideas set to hit the shelves after being approved. The Steamboat Willie set is really unusual in that regard, if they’d taken the normal amount of time to release it, they could have had it come out in winter like you suggest. The decision to put it out at the same time as the cmf is a conscious one, that Lego went out of thier way to do. 

At first look, I was positively surprised by the series but disappointed because of my own expectations (Goofy, Beauty & Beast, etc.) Now I'm just enchanted by this series. I still can't tell (and vote) which one I prefer.

I have a question about Dewey's accessory : it is the first time we see this slingshot since 2015 when it once appears in The Simpson Series 2, why ? I'm very happy to see it at last, but I'm often wondering why we don't see this piece in City or Creator sets ?

For those wanting Goofy really badly, their is always the Duplo version. :wink: 

And another thing everyone saying they releasing "Duck Tails" "mini-figures"...they haven't Scrooge and the "triplets" been around longer than the "TV show". The earliest I remember Scrooge showing up is the Disney's Christmas Carol, along with Micky and Donald. As for the "triplets" I remember them showing up in movie shorts harassing their Uncle Donald. 

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

And another thing everyone saying they releasing "Duck Tails" "mini-figures"...they haven't Scrooge and the "triplets" been around longer than the "TV show". The earliest I remember Scrooge showing up is the Disney's Christmas Carol, along with Micky and Donald. As for the "triplets" I remember them showing up in movie shorts harassing their Uncle Donald. 

True, but they are 100% the (original) Ducktales variants so it's still true

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

This is true. Personally, I also find it easier to type out ‘Ducktales characters’ rather than ‘Scrooge McDuck and the Duck triplets’. Just takes less time when I’m trying to write out a thought. 

I really love the Scrooge minifig. 

Does anyone know if there will be chase figures in this set?  I know its a bit early but if a distribution count per box has been rumored yet.

21 hours ago, Modeltrainman said:

Uncle Scrooge has been in comics since 1947, so, there's that His comics inspired DuckTales He was first on TV in 1967

20 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

18 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

This is true. Personally, I also find it easier to type out ‘Ducktales characters’ rather than ‘Scrooge McDuck and the Duck triplets’. Just takes less time when I’m trying to write out a thought. 

Well I guess my point is they can be used for "Duck Tails" is just an add bonus. 

1 hour ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Wow - that bag is really unusual in picturing Chip without Dale, I believe.

Why's that? They also have Huey but not the related Dewey and Louie, for example.

Just now, MAB said:

Why's that? They also have Huey but not the related Dewey and Louie, for example.

That’s unusual, too. I was so taken aback by Chip that I didn’t even realize right off that they’d also shown Huey without his brothers.

It’s unusual because these characters are usually depicted together (Huey with Louie and Dewey, and Chip with Dale) on merchandise packaging and such when it’s meant to encompass the full groups - like, obviously it’s different with the tag on a plush doll or the blister card holding an action figure of one specific character, but blind-bag figure packaging for a line encompassing all three Duck nephews and both chipmunks? It’s just a little peculiar for one character from either camp to be prioritized in that way over the others, that’s all.

Of course I realize that the selection of characters on the fronts is meant to be quasi-random sampling of some of the characters and not really saying that some are more important than others, or whatever (but note they still made sure Mickey and Minnie made it both times... as did Emmet and Wyldstyle on both LEGO Movie series, and as did Homer and Bart on both Simpsons series). I do also get that the characters used here serve as convenient shorthand for their overall groups - they likely don’t want to fill up five of the limited character spots on the bags with just characters from these two groups, while at the same time they may still want to give some indication that nephew and chipmunk characters are there, so this accomplishes that.

It’s not really strange from a LEGO blind-bagged figure packaging perspective. It’s just unusual from a Disney products packaging perspective.

Pics of the actual bags on Instagram

It seems someone has already has them

33 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Im glad there is no chase minifigure

There isn’t one for the Lego Movie 2 series either, so it would seem they’ve learned a lesson about frustrating fans. It’s interesting that there are only 2 each of the Duck Triplets. 

7 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

There isn’t one for the Lego Movie 2 series either, so it would seem they’ve learned a lesson about frustrating fans. It’s interesting that there are only 2 each of the Duck Triplets. 

I hope so

Not a fan of only getting 2 series per case though, but doesnt really matter to me cause Im only getting Jack and Sally

I had sworn Sally was reusing Dumbledore's hairpiece. Props to LEGO for accuracy. I had also thought her flower accessory was new, but it seems it's just Neville's stem in black with a pin accessory attached to it.

That Jack is wooow though.