Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

There's only 1 possible reaction I could give and that's: WOOHOO!

I mean wow, just wow. This series is almost perfect to me. Such amazing minifigures and finally some accessories.

Where should I start? 

Scrooge McDuck is my favourite figure from the series. He's my favourite Disney character in general and tbh I would've never thought we would ever get him. I love the inclusion of his number 1 dime.

Then there are the nephews, they were even less likely than Scrooge but I'm so happy we got them. Huey is definitely the best figure because of the amazing new book print. I guess it would've been easier to just give them the black comics torso and just 3 different heads in 1 bag, but I like this better. I guess the 2 new duck head molds look kinda odd, but so did Donald last time, I think they look just fine how they are.

Chip and Dale were an even bigger surprise. I would've prefered them into a small mold but this awesome as well. I'm thinking about giving Chip (or was it Dale) the vacation Robin torso to create the rescue rangers.

Jafar looks amazing, great new head print. Kinda wished for Iago but it makes sense he's not there, maybe someday in the princess theme. Same could be said about Jasmine.

Hades looks even better than I thought, the new tentacles(?) were not necessary but a nice inclusion anyway. Hercules looks also amazing. Very useful pieces.

Jack Skelington and his wife look fine, but I'm not too interested in that movie. Still I like the new printed gift.

Anna and Elsa are looking so cute!:wub: Gotta get my hands on an Olaf now.

Frozone looks exactly like what I hoped for. I like the inclusion of his disc. Edna was a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Now I can finally forget about that awful polybag which I couldn't even get my hands on.

Only thing I don't like are Mickey and Minnie. Such a waste of figures. I assume they were in here before the ideas set got approved. I wish they gave us coloured versions instead. And come on! Still no Goofy?! This is getting ridiculous. That's like giving us the star wars theme without Han Solo, Harry Potter but no Ron, Batman without Robin. You get the point. I hope he and pluto are in the d2c or that we'll get a third series. Because we truly need Goofy.

In the end I still love the series. Definitely a day 1 purchase (if I can find them all that is) The series feels like an incredibly unlikely wishlist, which is a good thing. I would've never guessed this list.

46 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Criticism is fine, but I think a lot of people are exaggerating a bit, just because their favourite choices didn't make it :tongue: With so many characters to choose from they could easily fill 10 series, they're bound to upset fans of specific characters :grin: I also don't get the 'lazy' comments since this series introduces just as many new moulds as the first one did. Series 2 also remedies a common criticism of series 1 in that this time around, all characters get their accessory :thumbup: 

I actually haven’t seen many people complain about not getting their favorites but rather that the variety was weak this time around. The first series had a little bit of everything but this time around 8 of the figs were basically “Mickey & Friends” 

Personally, my comment about it being a lazy series is based on 3 identical minifigures with different colored shorts/hats, that’s just lazy to me. “Being complete” is a cop out since that wasn’t the case in series 1 and still don’t have Goofy and Pluto to complete the basic Mickey gang. Had they bumped it to 22 figures for this series then I wouldn’t feel as strongly about that but when you only are working with 18 I think they can be more creative than that. 

New molds and being lazy or not don’t necessarily go hand in hand so I think new molds can be present and the series still be lazy.

FYI I will still be buying the whole set and have numb fingers so they’re still getting my money hahaha

Edited by DisneyLego

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

From what I can see, they're a tone too light. Looks like the same legs from the Beijing store exclusive.

Kinda disappointed that they didn't use this mould for Zero to go with Jack or Sallie. It would've worked great with a red print on the nose.

*snip*

I doubt we'll ever get a Lego version of him now. :sad:

That’s a shame, would have been ideal. 

I think you’re right, with a ghost dog already in production and his absence here, Zero’s chances of appearing now are well, zero.

16 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Has Sally’s hair been seen before? What about her bouquet?

Not sure about her hair, but the leafy part of her bouquet is the new stem piece from the Harry Potter cmf, just in black, and I’m sure I’d recognize that flower if I paid any attention to Friends. 

Also, it looks like Anna, Elsa, Edna and Hercules all have double sided faces. No way to tell with Jasmine, Jafar and Sally yet. 

On a side note, how great would it have been if they had sprinkled in a couple dwarves every series and finished with snow white and dopey

2 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Not sure about her hair, but the leafy part of her bouquet is the new stem piece from the Harry Potter cmf, just in black, and I’m sure I’d recognize that flower if I paid any attention to Friends. 

Also, it looks like Anna, Elsa, Edna and Hercules all have double sided faces. No way to tell with Jasmine, Jafar and Sally yet. 

Jafar and Herc also have 2 faces

Hold the phone. Chip and Dale look to have the medium legs. Which is great as I wanted a pair of them but unprinted.

Also Steamboat Mickey is going to be the easiest one to find thanks to the wheel piece.

Looks like a solid wave. Bit surprised there weren't more classic characters but I'm happy with the lineup. I noticed that the leg printing on both Jack and Hercules goes further down past the usual cut-off point. Hopefully this starts becoming a new standard for minifigures in the near future.

Reglardless, same head or not the triplets are different characters, to give us one without the other two would be stupid. It’s important for all three to be together as they do come as a team rather than individually.

8 minutes ago, BaristaBricks said:

Jafar and Herc also have 2 faces

Sweet, I couldn’t tell with Jafar. Given that almost all the characters that can have double faces do, what are that chances Jasmine and Sally do as well?

4 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Sweet, I couldn’t tell with Jafar. Given that almost all the characters that can have double faces do, what are that chances Jasmine and Sally do as well?

Sally also has two expressions, compare the group shot with her solo picture :wink:

24 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Isn’t the flower just a ribbon/bow in black (the ones you can pin into friends hair)? EDIT: nope, it is a flower 

i hope a series three will give us Goofy and Pluto. 

The included disc from Frozone i want that in black. 

Edited by Borex

Someone should upload the individual photos so that People can see all the details. I can't because I'm on my phone. 

Hades looks great, the new dress piece is interesting. It looks around the height of the old slope pieces with a 2x4 footprint. It would work well for grim reaper customs. The flames are kind of a boring accessory though, I would have preferred for them to have matched his (medium?) blue hair.

Hercules is also pretty much perfect. I dig the shield print.

Jack and Sally's proportions feel a little off, but the prints are excellent. Very glad that they were included. 

53 minutes ago, DisneyLego said:

FYI I will still be buying the whole set and have numb fingers so they’re still getting my money hahaha

Well, that’ll show ‘em. :hmpf:

I think I like S2 even more than S1, and I liked S1 an awful lot. I’m a huge Carl Barks/ducks fan, so having Scrooge and the triplets is just awesome. Frozone was also at the top of my wishlist (I don’t think I was alone in that), and I’m glad that they’re taking a second crack at Edna Mode - this version is miles better than the last one. 

Hercules was after my time, so he and Hades are probably the figs I’m least interested in, but I’ll still be glad to have them in my collection. I can’t think of another CMF wave where there wasn’t at least a couple of figs that I resented getting for the sake of completeness. But I’m really pleased with the selection and the quality of this series. 

After thinking about this series and getting over the fact there is no Goofy, I like this series. I do not think it is as good as series one, but there are some great figures in here. Hercules is probably my favorite, I do not really know why, he just is. I like that Chip and Dale use mid-sized legs in two new colors, which adds more minifigure customization options. I like Anna and Elsa, I think they both translated really well into minifigure form. While I still think that the Mickey and Minnie feel like wasted slots considering we are getting them in the Ideas set, I guess it is nice I can get the two of them without paying $90. Overall, it isn’t a bad lineup, a little disappointing, but not bad.

This is awesome! 

Standouts and must-gets for me include the ducks, Frozone and probably Edna. I'm not too interested in the rest, except for that they finally did a new and accurate braid piece for Elsa! Controversial opinion here; Elsa and Anna actually look better as mini-dolls (maybe I'm just too used to it) so hopefully that braid part carries over into the Elsa mini-dolls of the Frozen II sets. If not, I might have to get it to update my Elsa. 

Frozone in particular makes me happy, he was such a notable exclusion from the Incredibles lineup and I sorely missed him. Definitely getting him. 

The rest aren't incredibly interesting, except maybe Hercules. Chip and Dale are cute, but I honestly don't know what I'd do with them. 

Also, is it just me or does Jafar's head look very squashed?

I am a tad disappointed in the line up, Some really great figures, and some wasted spots as well. Really pleased to see Chip and Dale, two of my all time favourites. Jack and Sally look amazing, as does Hades.

It's a shame they couldn't do a new mold for Mickey to make him look like he is whistling. At least it would have been justifiable, and I would have rather had that than the ship wheel. Still, I will buy a set and hope like heck they do another series or two.

I am actually doubtful we will ever get Goofy and Pluto. Both are referred to as members of Disney's "big 4", but also neglected in merchandise. The Disney Infinity video game didn't include either as play pieces, and I believe weren't even planned when the game got cancelled.

Just now, sunhuntin said:

I am actually doubtful we will ever get Goofy and Pluto. 

Technically, we do get "Pluto", but not the one you're thinking of :tongue: Hint: he's got flaming hair *ducks and covers*

6 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

I am a tad disappointed in the line up, Some really great figures, and some wasted spots as well. Really pleased to see Chip and Dale, two of my all time favourites. Jack and Sally look amazing, as does Hades.

It's a shame they couldn't do a new mold for Mickey to make him look like he is whistling. At least it would have been justifiable, and I would have rather had that than the ship wheel. Still, I will buy a set and hope like heck they do another series or two.

I am actually doubtful we will ever get Goofy and Pluto. Both are referred to as members of Disney's "big 4", but also neglected in merchandise. The Disney Infinity video game didn't include either as play pieces, and I believe weren't even planned when the game got cancelled.

There was concept art of Goofy, but no known plans for Pluto, although that's not too shocking as there weren't any quadruped playable characters yet.

27 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

There was concept art of Goofy, but no known plans for Pluto, although that's not too shocking as there weren't any quadruped playable characters yet.

I still think a bipedal Pluto would’ve been accepted by most, same as Cheshire Cat 

edit: just realized you were referring to the game lol

Edited by DisneyLego

10 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

That make sense. I never got into the game until near the end, and then only really wanting the figures as display pieces. Played the first game a couple of times but got bored with it.

I would have preferred more variety for sure. But I think the reasons for this selection are pretty obvious--with the exception of Hercules and Hades, each one is either a perennial favorite or directly relevant to a recent/ongoing/upcoming Disney release.

Still probably gonna get them all. An underwhelming selection of Disney minifigs is preferable than no Disney minifigs.

25 minutes ago, Karalora said:

I would have preferred more variety for sure. But I think the reasons for this selection are pretty obvious--with the exception of Hercules and Hades, each one is either a perennial favorite or directly relevant to a recent/ongoing/upcoming Disney release.

Still probably gonna get them all. An underwhelming selection of Disney minifigs is preferable than no Disney minifigs.

I guess that’s why I was a bit surprised by the line up, because series 1 didn’t give two hoots about recent or upcoming releases when it came out. And I liked that.

That being said, if we’re getting Edna, Elsa and Anna because of thier movies’ sequels I’m certainly not complaining.