Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

Ugh I’m so disappointed in the lack of a belle  beast and cinderella minifigs I would have preferred them over jasmine which looks terrible tbh. I’m gonna get jack and sally, jafar, Elsa and Anna, Hercules and Edna. Maybe hades and frozone 

6 minutes ago, Rambo260 said:

Ugh I’m so disappointed in the lack of a belle  beast and cinderella minifigs I would have preferred them over jasmine which looks terrible tbh.

Yeah, regarding representation for Disney's Princesses within these CMSs, they really should've started out with Cinderella and/or Snow White, as the former has acted as the pantheon's face for years, while the latter is much more than a Disney Princess. SHE'S THE TITULAR CHARACTER OF CINEMA'S (NOT JUST DISNEY'S) FIRST EVER FEATURE-LENGTH ANIMATED FEATURE!!! :hmpf_bad:

3 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Yeah, regarding representation for Disney's Princesses within these CMSs, they really should've started out with Cinderella and/or Snow White, as the former has acted as the pantheon's face for years, while the latter is much more than a Disney Princess. SHE'S THE TITULAR CHARACTER OF CINEMA'S (NOT JUST DISNEY'S) FIRST EVER FEATURE-LENGTH ANIMATED FEATURE!!! :hmpf_bad:

Yeah, I thought Snow White would be a shoe in, I mean, not only is she iconic, but the Evil Queen seemed like a pretty good option to pad the villain line up. 

I’m actually really surprised that we didn’t get any classic movie characters at all. It’s basically half and half Disneytoon characters and modern movie characters, with 2 Pixar characters thrown in. 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Im getting Simpsons Series 2 vibes from these, which is not good. 

Reused characters, reused molds, and not twins like Patty and Selma, but TRIPLETS this time around. 

The most liked minifigure on facebook is Jack, but thats not surprising considering how well made he is. Just stunning. His box gift is just a piece of art. :wub:

Regardless, the line will sell better than the simpsons because most Disney fans will buy anything Disney related. The market is huge compared to that of the simpsons.

i think series 2 is incredible and I’m grateful to have another Disney series. People complaining cause their favourites aren’t present are just silly it’s still a gorgeous looking wave of CMF and all will look perfect next to the figures from S1.

18 minutes ago, LegoDakin said:

When do you think we will get Goofy & Pluto?

Soon, in a D2C set that will cost triple digits in most currencies.  If it is more than $300, Winnie the Pooh and Dino from the Flintstones will also be there :devil:

Criticism is fine, but I think a lot of people are exaggerating a bit, just because their favourite choices didn't make it :tongue: With so many characters to choose from they could easily fill 10 series, they're bound to upset fans of specific characters :grin: I also don't get the 'lazy' comments since this series introduces just as many new moulds as the first one did. Series 2 also remedies a common criticism of series 1 in that this time around, all characters get their accessory :thumbup: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Criticism is fine, but I think a lot of people are exaggerating a bit, just because their favourite choices didn't make it :tongue: With so many characters to choose from they could easily fill 10 series, they're bound to upset fans of specific characters :grin: I also don't get the 'lazy' comments since this series introduces just as many new moulds as the first one did. Series 2 also remedies a common criticism of series 1 in that this time around, all characters get their accessory :thumbup: 

I’ve literally just posted the same thing ? I think it’s stupid to be so over critical just because their faves aren’t here! 

23 minutes ago, LegoDakin said:

When do you think we will get Goofy & Pluto?

half past never :devil:

Quite peculiar selection, and by that I mean literally only SIX characters from Disney Animated Canon (there were nine last time). I can't deny though the ones that were chosen are done pretty well. Jack is easily the best, followed by Chip and Dale, Frozone and Jafar. Edna is excellent, her frown face is spot on, but I have a feeling the eye printing on the glasses will have the usual problem of a bright print on a black piece - I hope I'm wrong. The weakest IMO is Hercules, the designers should have gone for a slightly more cartoony face seeing how they've done (and succeeded) with Jafar or Frozone. He looks way off, especially next to Hades.

I think the problem is that they included triplets that are pretty much 3 recolors of the same minifigure. Chip and Dale who look very very similar, and 2 characters who are coming in the Ideas set. 

That's very repetitive

Just change Chip and Dale for a couple of Disney charactes from the classic era like Cinderella and Prince Charming or Snow White and Grumpy or Aurora and Prince Phillip or Robin Hood and Marian, and the series would be a lot better, IMO

Edited by Robert8

I am not into Disney so this is not for me, but the series look good I would say.

I understand that they had to make Mickey and Minnie in the CMF so they could include them in the ideas set, but that will probably affect sales numbers on the expensive set..

Anna and Elsa look better in minifig form than in minidoll form :tongue:

While the figs look good where are the accessories, almost not existing and is there anything new there at all? Is it the crazy Disney tax that is too blame, compare this to the WW (also a license series), and it is clear that something is wrong somewhere :wacko:

Just now, LegoAndDisney said:

I’ve literally just posted the same thing ? I think it’s stupid to be so over critical just because their faves aren’t here! 

Whoops, I haven't seen that part of your comment :blush:

People also need to be aware that there are several factors that influence the choices for licensed CMF in general. I'm pretty sure the license holder also offers some input. Plus they have to consider basic marketing: Elsa and Anna for instance have been in one of the most popular Disney films ever, which is also getting a sequel this year. Not adding them would have been insanity :head_back: Jasmine and Jafar also make sense considering the upcoming live-action remake of Aladdin and The Nightmare Before Christmas is still a merchandise behemoth, so including Jack & Sallie makes perfect sense (that movie also had its 25th anniversary last year). Frozone and Edna are good choices as well since the Incredibles II sets are still on shelves. Mickey and Minnie were a necessity given their new hat moulds. As for classic characters, why don't Mickey, Minnie, the Ducks, Chip & Dale count? :shrug_oh_well: 

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

I think the problem is that they included triplets that are pretty much 3 recolors of the same minifigure. The Chip and Dale who look very very similar, and 2 characters who are coming in the Ideas set. 

That's very repetitive

Just change Chip and Dale for a couple of Disney charactes from the classic era like Cinderella and Prince Charming or Snow White and Grumpy or Aurora and Prince Phillip or Robin Hood and Marian, and the series would be a lot better, IMO

No, Chip and Dale are fine, they are different molds & are different colours, with medium legs in a new colour. Huey, Dewey, Louie are the same head mold with different coloured tops!

Jasmine needs to lay off the hummus. But her buddy Jafar looks fantastic. 

@Digger of BricksNo, it's was used in the ninjago legacy sets.

On the note of Jafar, he is incomplete without Iago disney-legal-stupidity be damned, and now Iago is very unlikely cause they wouldn't make him on his own so unless there are sets...

Edited by Agent Kallus

12 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

While the figs look good where are the accessories, almost not existing and is there anything new there at all? 

The budget went into the new minifig parts (heads, headgear, hair pieces and smoke "legs"), so there's not much left for accessories :tongue: A lot of WW minifigs didn't require new headgear moulds, so they could invest in accessories. Lack of accessories was also an issue in Series 1, but this time every character has an accessory, so that's a step up :wink:

6 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Say, is that shoulder part on Jafar new? *huh*

It's been used in some of the recent Ninjago sets :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

7 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Say, is that shoulder part on Jafar new? *huh*

I was hoping the jewel+feather piece would be separate, similar to the S6 Genie's, but seeing these pics..... it does look like just 1 mold all together

Edited by Robert8

I think people are disgruntled not so much because they don’t like the characters we got, but because in series 1 there was a very even balance between Disney mascots, classic films, modern films and Pixar - and series 2 doesn’t have that. 

4 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

No, it's was used in the ninjago legacy sets.

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It's been used in some of the recent Ninjago sets :classic:

Ah, alright! :classic:

14 minutes ago, LegoDakin said:

No, Chip and Dale are fine, they are different molds & are different colours, with medium legs in a new colour. Huey, Dewey, Louie are the same head mold with different coloured tops!

Ok, Chip and Dale are fine, but then don't include the triplets on this one and change them for classic characters

See what I'm trying to say? Like have one or the other, but all of those together + 2 the Ideas characters +Edna Mode who was already released just a few months ago + Elsa, Anna and Jasmin who already exist in minidoll form......... it does look kind of repetitive

It's not like terrible, but it could have been better

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, LegoDakin said:

I think this series is a bit disappointing, theirs repetitive figures and barely any new parts 

It looks to me like every figure has at least one new part (except for Mickey and Minnie’s new hats appearing in the Ideas set first).

Has Sally’s hair been seen before? What about her bouquet?

Re: repetition, I believe eight of these characters have been in LEGO before, but three of them only as minidolls, and two more only as Brickheadz. Unless I’m mistaken (which is quite possible), only three characters here have been Minifigures before.

Pretty excited for these, definitely getting Uncle Scrooge & the nephews, Chip & Dale, Jafar & Jasmine, and Jack & Sally. Might get Elsa & Anna as well. 

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Your kid is awesome, nice choice of movie. Too bad it didn't came with zero the mold (ghost dog) on the new ghost theme could have been perfect!

Currently he’s big on Harry Potter, so that’s my summer money buried :laugh:

I’ve got to admit that I would have preferred Zero to the present, but it won’t be me who will get it.