Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

Exactly. I don’t think we’ve ever had a proper, not made-up list for a licensed CMF series... Maybe for one of the Simpsons series, but I can’t remember :purrr:

47 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Exactly. I don’t think we’ve ever had a proper, not made-up list for a licensed CMF series... Maybe for one of the Simpsons series, but I can’t remember :purrr:

As far as i remember we had a view unprinted heads leaked, so a handfull of characters was known some time earlier - but one of them was Snake who came in the Kwik-E-Mart, so even that wasn´t correct for the Simpsons series 2. I guess some pictures of commercials leaked a few characters of the series 18 like the Cowboy quite early. I´d say Lego is getting better and better in keeping it a secret but it is already really long ago since we got a complete list some time before the release.

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I remember during the lead up to the first Lego Batman Movie CMF there were plenty of leaks and people with inside info hinting at/revealing figures.

On 3/10/2019 at 5:44 PM, BigGuy4U said:

I remember during the lead up to the first Lego Batman Movie CMF there were plenty of leaks and people with inside info hinting at/revealing figures.

Same with the second series. I remember Zod, Jor-El and the Wonder Twins getting leaked in the list.

On 3/10/2019 at 10:44 AM, BigGuy4U said:

That’s a little different though isn’t it?

Because even though it’s still technically a licensed series, it’s still a lego property. 

Plus, especially for the first Lego Batman Movie series, you’re not just talking about the Lego employees working in design and production - you’ve also got a whole movie cast and crew, who not only know what Side characters and variations are going to be featured, but probably also get some sort of indication when a character they’re working on is going to be mass produced. Far more sources for leaks. 

Hate to double post, but Lego Ideas has posted a teaser for the Steamboat Willie set. Still super pixilated, but it looks like he has some sort of hat? We should get proper set pictures is a couple of days, then we’ll be able to see how the minifigs in the set may or may not affect the cmf. 

Edit: in other news, this announcement seems to line up just right with a timeline of a mid-April VIP release and a general release at the same time as the CMF. 

Edited by Accio Lego

Interestingly, Mickey does have a hat after all... So it's either a new mould that will also appear in the CMF series or it's a cleverly repurposed existing piece :classic:

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Hate to double post, but Lego Ideas has posted a teaser for the Steamboat Willie set. Still super pixilated, but it looks like he has some sort of hat? We should get proper set pictures is a couple of days, then we’ll be able to see how the minifigs in the set may or may not affect the cmf. 

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Interestingly, Mickey does have a hat after all... So it's either a new mould that will also appear in the CMF series or it's a cleverly repurposed existing piece :classic:

BrickFanz - LEGO Mickey Mouse Steamboat Willie Set Teased

Edited by Digger of Bricks

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

The brand new hat made sense for Minnie, since there are color versions of her in that hat, but I can’t think of anything else that you could use the Steamboat willie hat for. The proportions also look a tad off, so maybe a repurposed piece? 

It’s also occurred to me that new hat pieces could be coming out in connection with the D2C and not the CMF. (Just to throw a real wrench in everyone’s guesses)

Considering what we saw today, it's pretty much a given we are getting these versions of Mickey and Minnie in the CMF

Image result for minnie mouse

So they can be introduce the new molds needed for the Ideas set. Mickey would probably get a red version of the hat for the CMF

I'm surprised there is no info yet about the D2C

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Considering what we saw today, it's pretty much a given we are getting these versions of Mickey and Minnie in the CMF

So they can be introduce the new molds needed for the Ideas set. Mickey would probably get a red version of the hat for the CMF

If they're gonna give us the red pants again we better get midlegs to make it stand out more from the last one (otherwise it would just be cmf Mickey with the ideas head). I wonder...

Not well versed in the new molding/Ideas rules but if it is a new mold for the hat and not a repurposed piece does the hat need to be used for a Mickey in the CMF series? I could easily see it being green and used as Goofy’s hat (one character that everyone seems to agree will be included in the 2nd series). I know his hat tends to have a little more shape to it but plenty of toys/plush have a straight shaped green hat very similar to the steamboat hat.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Image result for minnie mouse

I think that Minnie version is likely but I’d be disappointed if they choose that mickey. Mickey and Minnie didn’t match in the first series so I’d be surprised if they made them match this time around especially since the Mickey would be identical but the Minnie would match series 1 mickey which still leaves some hope for a Sorcerer Mickey version in series 2 (lol the only character I’m wishing for)

also, I’m not sure where a red hat would come in for Mickey. I can’t think of any animations which would have that style of hat in red besides the band concert Mickey but that would be a stretch

2 hours ago, Modeltrainman said:

How do we know Steamboat Willie ISN'T the D2C? Could be, right?

Nope, Steamboat Willie is an Ideas set :wink: D2C sets don‘t have anything to do with Ideas sets.

2 hours ago, DisneyLego said:

I could easily see it being green and used as Goofy’s hat [...]

That might work :thumbup: Or maybe that hat mould consists of two parts (the very top of Mickey‘s still looks like the ring mould to me), so that Goofy‘s has a new part to put on top of the same base part to give it its unique shape? Or maybe I‘m just imagining things and Mickey‘s hat ends up being exactly the same as Goofy‘s :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Nope, Steamboat Willie is an Ideas set :wink: D2C sets don‘t have anything to do with Ideas sets.

That might work :thumbup: Or maybe that hat mould consists of two parts (the very top of Mickey‘s still looks like the ring mould to me), so that Goofy‘s has a new part to put on top of the same base part to give it its unique shape? Or maybe I‘m just imagining things and Mickey‘s hat ends up being exactly the same as Goofy‘s :grin:

I actually like the 2 part mold idea...the more I look at Goofys hat I could see the steamboat being the center/top piece and there being a cup like piece for the bottom such as the style below C1C8C00C-74CE-417C-89D6-3EAFF187B80E.thumb.jpeg.4fa81b8d1fc566405e790363bb1c4850.jpeg

The idea of the hat being also Goofy is just......... excellent

At this point, I would be surprised if it isnt Goofy's

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The idea of the hat being also Goofy is just......... excellent

At this point, I would be surprised if it isnt Goofy's

Lol thanks:thumbup: i guess it was a solid first post on here. I was expecting it to get shot down quick since I still am not too familiar with the different new mold rules etc.

My son thought it was a great idea and was convinced so I figured I’d post it

2 hours ago, DisneyLego said:

Lol thanks:thumbup: i guess it was a solid first post on here. I was expecting it to get shot down quick since I still am not too familiar with the different new mold rules etc.

My son thought it was a great idea and was convinced so I figured I’d post it

Another thing to consider with this idea - if Goofy’s hat is separate from his head, then a head mold with a closed mouth (i.e. printed teeth) could also be used for Pluto. Not the cartoon version obviously, but the bipedal fur suit version from the parks. 

May be something to consider given how few versions of Donald there are to remake. 

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Another thing to consider with this idea - if Goofy’s hat is separate from his head, then a head mold with a closed mouth (i.e. printed teeth) could also be used for Pluto. Not the cartoon version obviously, but the bipedal fur suit version from the parks. 

May be something to consider given how few versions of Donald there are to remake. 

Oooooooh yes! That would definitely work. I agree about Donald, I’d actually be veryyyy shocked if Donald makes another appearance.

1 hour ago, DisneyLego said:

I agree about Donald, I’d actually be veryyyy shocked if Donald makes another appearance.

Yeah, the only other really well known versions of Donald are the one with the black coat instead of blue and the three Caballeros version, of which the only difference is the hat. 

The only way I could see us getting a Donald variation this series is if they figured out how to give his head a red gradient, so they could make temper tantrum Donald, since that’s a big part of his character. 

Now, if they make a series 3 I think we could see three musketeers versions, but I doubt they’d break up that trio, or give us anything other than classic Goofy for his debut. 

8 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

There are tons of versions they could make for Donald. There's the Duck Avenger/Superdonald, 3 musketeer, Kingdom hearts (which has many versions of its on), Quack Pack, Black Suit, classic Donald (although requires a new head mold) Angry Donald, Three Caballeros Donald (black bowtie and white buttons on his shirt + new hat) or even the one from the new caballeros show with the armor(although technically his ancestor). Navy Donald from Ducktales, Fire Fighter Donald among many more. Some of these are definitely popular enough (at least in Europe) to get a figure, others not so much.

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

There are tons of versions they could make for Donald. There's the Duck Avenger/Superdonald, 3 musketeer, Kingdom hearts (which has many versions of its on), Quack Pack, Black Suit, classic Donald (although requires a new head mold) Angry Donald, Three Caballeros Donald (black bowtie and white buttons on his shirt + new hat) or even the one from the new caballeros show with the armor(although technically his ancestor). Navy Donald from Ducktales, Fire Fighter Donald among many more. Some of these are definitely popular enough (at least in Europe) to get a figure, others not so much.

I agree to all of that except Kingdom hearts. I don't think they would go this way with only one Character. There is also the licende question with Square enix beeing involved. 

In Germany Donald is even more popular than Mickey. They will include him. If we get midsized legs, black outfit  and maybe an Angry head he works perfectly fine.

7 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Good point but I just don’t see them being that concerned with marketability of series 2 that they’re pulling out all types of Donalds. 3C & angry face are 2 I could potentially see down the line, I just can’t see it happening right away in series 2

4 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I agree to all of that except Kingdom hearts. I don't think they would go this way with only one Character. There is also the licende question with Square enix beeing involved. 

In Germany Donald is even more popular than Mickey. They will include him. If we get midsized legs, black outfit  and maybe an Angry head he works perfectly fine.

I just feel like it’s going too far down a rabbit hole to see another version of Donald regardless of his popularity in some areas. There are far too many characters available for them to use that are popular worldwide before they start pulling out every possible variation of one character

I’d actually be more surprised to see another Donald than having more than 1 mickey in this series due to every other product line this past year including at least 2-3 versions

I also think the lineup will follow the groupings laid out in series 1 which was mentioned way back towards the beginning of this thread.

Mickey & friends (4)

Series 1 - Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy 

Series 2 - Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto (least confident of but the idea of using Goofy’s head has me leaning towards it)

I think Pluto could be the exclusive mould for the second D2C

I dont really see them releasing a bipedal Pluto minifigure