Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

The leakers seem to doubt it's real, but I think it is. CMF voldemort also leaked way too early last time. Anyway I quite like the head, it seems to go along nicely with the series 1 designs. I kinda agree that it looks a little bit like mighty micros because of the eyes, but this time around it works really well. Can't wait to see more leaks.

4 hours ago, Otherworld said:

So the "fake" list got one right so far. I'm guessing the freckled face is really anna then.

Don’t put to much stock in the fake list just because it got at least one character right. 

I’ve had a prediction list I’ve been fiddling with on my phone for months now, ever since series 2 was announced. Hades (and Hercules) have been on that list from the beginning, because of his iconic villain status. 

There were 4 villains in series 1, that’s a fifth of the series. And it makes sense, the Disney Villains line is basically the Disney Princesses slightly less popular sister, and it has an older demographic than the Princesses, who are more likely to favor minifigures over mini dolls. 

So yeah, I’m not surprised Hades turned up. (And I won’t be surprised when Mickey and Goofy show up) I wouldn’t be shocked if Jafar turns up too. But you might want to keep an eye out for Cruela DeVil and the Evil Queen, something tells me they’re more likely to rear thier heads than Winston Deavor or Mr. Pricklepants :wink:

3 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Don’t put to much stock in the fake list just because it got at least one character right. 

I’ve had a prediction list I’ve been fiddling with on my phone for months now, ever since series 2 was announced. Hades (and Hercules) have been on that list from the beginning, because of his iconic villain status. 

There were 4 villains in series 1, that’s a fifth of the series. And it makes sense, the Disney Villains line is basically the Disney Princesses slightly less popular sister, and it has an older demographic than the Princesses, who are more likely to favor minifigures over mini dolls. 

So yeah, I’m not surprised Hades turned up. (And I won’t be surprised when Mickey and Goofy show up) I wouldn’t be shocked if Jafar turns up too. But you might want to keep an eye out for Cruela DeVil and the Evil Queen, something tells me they’re more likely to rear thier heads than Winston Deavor or Mr. Pricklepants :wink:

I agree. It was very obvious last time that Lego wants to put a huge part of the focus on the Disney villains. Probably because they're very popular with all demographics. Characters like Jafar, Cruela and the Evil queen (probably done similar to Mad Eye Moody from WW) are very likely to show up, if not in series 2 the list will definitely be finished if we get a series 3. Pete and the Queen of Hearts are usually the odd ones to finish the list of main Disney villains. Scar ofcourse is also always on the list, but he won't appear in a cmf series.

41 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

The leakers seem to doubt it's real, but I think it is. CMF voldemort also leaked way too early last time. Anyway I quite like the head, it seems to go along nicely with the series 1 designs. I kinda agree that it looks a little bit like mighty micros because of the eyes, but this time around it works really well. Can't wait to see more leaks.

I have no doubt that the Hades head is totally real. That's a very difficult piece to produce outside of official channels. Not saying that someone wouldn't or couldn't, but it seems like the level of effort required would not be worth the payoff. Virtually any other bootleg Disney character would be easier to produce and/or more in demand than Hades.

The head seems real - printing corresponds with the usual lego quality (thickness etc.). I think they changed/adjusted their production process with the Lego Movie 2 cmf series and are propably continuing with this series. Some pieces aren't made in the chinese factory anymore. Clues are the visible torso neck marks on some of the Lego Movie 2 minifigures, while the chinese torsos from the Harry Potter series (and previous series) all had no markings. It could have been a decision they made after the subpar qualtiy of some of the Harry Potter cmfs (or for different reasons). They are now shipping the pieces seperately produced by different factories/subcontractors and sometimes prepackaged (i.e. the smaller tranparent foil packages inside the LM 2 series) to put them in the final (now larger) foil package.

So maybe the head was the only piece produced for the Hades minifigure at that particular factory (the one that still had the mould for the ghost-rider head). Injection molding tools aren't cheap to produce and maintain, especially for multi-component molding like that head would require

41 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

[clip]

the Evil queen (probably done similar to Mad Eye Moody from WW) 

I’m not so sure about that. The reason that Moody/Crouch Jr. and Graves/Grindelwald worked is because the characters kept the same clothes. When the Evil Queen transforms her entire outfit and stature changes as well (like, magically from the potion for some reason, it’s not a change of clothes) - you’d have to have 2 different minifigures. Lego’s likely to just choose one or the other, probably the queen version because her outfit is more visually interesting. 

Now that the ideas Minnie is confirmed to have a new hat mold it's pretty much given that we'll see a classic version of Minnie in the CMF series  (Mickey Mouse shorts style) Either with a red or a blue dress.

4 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m not so sure about that. The reason that Moody/Crouch Jr. and Graves/Grindelwald worked is because the characters kept the same clothes. When the Evil Queen transforms her entire outfit and stature changes as well (like, magically from the potion for some reason, it’s not a change of clothes) - you’d have to have 2 different minifigures. Lego’s likely to just choose one or the other, probably the queen version because her outfit is more visually interesting. 

A cloak can do wonders.

49 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

The head seems real - printing corresponds with the usual lego quality (thickness etc.). I think they changed/adjusted their production process with the Lego Movie 2 cmf series and are propably continuing with this series. Some pieces aren't made in the chinese factory anymore. Clues are the visible torso neck marks on some of the Lego Movie 2 minifigures, while the chinese torsos from the Harry Potter series (and previous series) all had no markings. It could have been a decision they made after the subpar qualtiy of some of the Harry Potter cmfs (or for different reasons). They are now shipping the pieces seperately produced by different factories/subcontractors and sometimes prepackaged (i.e. the smaller tranparent foil packages inside the LM 2 series) to put them in the final (now larger) foil package.

So maybe the head was the only piece produced for the Hades minifigure at that particular factory (the one that still had the mould for the ghost-rider head). Injection molding tools aren't cheap to produce and maintain, especially for multi-component molding like that head would require

Let's hope it is like that. My Luna Lovegood of the Harry Potter CMF lost part of her mouth printing ... :wacko: :sad:

2 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

Yes! I've just put the pieces together, this is most likely a real leak.

The leakers denied it because we never usually get cmf leaks. Maybe it was because the pieces czme from a Chinese factory exclusively, while the cmfs starting with lm2 are produced in the same factory as most lego sets, so leaks can happen now

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Now that the ideas Minnie is confirmed to have a new hat mold it's pretty much given that we'll see a classic version of Minnie in the CMF series  (Mickey Mouse shorts style) Either with a red or a blue dress.

Where has it been confirmed? I haven’t seen a hat with any of the leaks, has there been official word from Lego?

32 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Where has it been confirmed? I haven’t seen a hat with any of the leaks, has there been official word from Lego?

You should take another look then, an image has leaked on Instagram 

12 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

You should take another look then, an image has leaked on Instagram 

Had to look in #legonews instead of #legoleaks but I did find it. I’m actually impressed that it seems to have the flower accent, I thought that would be too fragile for them to mold. 

On an unrelated note, I love how they’re using metallic silver instead of grey on her, it really adds an extra dimension. 

So the freckled face head belongs neither to Anna nor to Pepper, but instead a girl with red pigtails and a yellow polka-dot dress *huh* Who‘s that supposed to be? 

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

So the freckled face head belongs neither to Anna nor to Pepper, but instead a girl with red pigtails and a yellow polka-dot dress *huh* Who‘s that supposed to be? 

Apparently, she’s a new Toy Story 4 character. So she’s probably from the juniors sets. 

Toy Story 4 girl with the yellow dress and red hair is supposedly called Gabby, I’m guessing she’s a new ‘toy’.

Edited by Jarreth2

Lego usually officialy announces the CMF line up about a month ahead of time right? So we should get promo pics in a month?

Edited by Accio Lego

Yeah, but the release date is May 1st, so the official reveal should be around April 1st I guess

Also, the current series is TLM2 one. I think they will try to capatalize on the "hype" of the movie as much as posible. So I wouldnt expect any teaser anytime soon

Maybe we get lucky and the box will get leaked soon, just like what happened with the first Disney CMF series, the box art of which was leaked on Feb 29th, so exactly 3 years ago (time flies by...) :classic:

Ooo, that Hades head is great! I wonder if we will get Pain and/or Panic? Heck, even printed on a 2x4 tile would be awesome.

56 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

Ooo, that Hades head is great! I wonder if we will get Pain and/or Panic? Heck, even printed on a 2x4 tile would be awesome.

They’re probably too minor of characters to include here :grin: Why would they be printed on a 2x4? :wacko:

16 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

It’s been brought up before, but I don’t think it would hurt to discuss this again. Basically, a current running theory is that the licensing agreement for the Disney cmf didn’t allow them to include any more than the allotted 18 characters. Supposedly that’s why we didn’t get any sidekick characters in series 1 - i.e. Pluto with Mickey, Abu with Aladdin, Tinkerbell with Peter Pan, Mallificet’s crow. In particular, Flounder already existed for the Disney Princess line (and was close enough to his movie look to fit with the minifigures) but instead Ariel came with a generic clamshell. It’s possible this won’t apply series 2, or they’ll find a loophole of some sort (for instance, if Cruela appears, there are 90+ dalmatian puppies in her movie that aren’t named characters), but odds are Hades, and all the other characters will be on thier own. 

The eye of the Fates or standard fire pieces seem like some of the more obvious choices for a Hades accessory. An second 'angry' head with orange flames would be nice, but not very likely.

Edited by Megaflora

It’s weird that we’re less then two months away yet have had no rumors and only one apparent leak.......

5 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

It’s weird that we’re less then two months away yet have had no rumors and only one apparent leak.......

Not really? I wasn’t paying any attention the TLM2 series, but for the Harry Potter one all we got were some bogus lists and the notorious Voldemort leak that loads of people were convinced was fake but turned out to be real. 

We can make some educated guesses but we won’t know for sure until the end of the month.