Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

59 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Not gonna happen, a new body maybe, but the age of humanoid characters with molded heads is over

Audience Clapping Gif

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Sorry, I think you missed some of the context. I was talking about Sully from Monsters Inc. with a molded head.

(I know just how unlikly getting a Mr. Incredible like that would be :snicker: although the sheer number of human Disney/Pixar characters who really do need a molded head makes the guessing game harder)

Oh I'm sorry, this makes way more sense :laugh_hard: Oops. Yeah I can see Sully Happen, as well as Mike. It wouldn't make sense size wise but toy story also threw that out of the window so it wouldn't be too farfetched I guess. It worked in the parks (I assume the head of the actor was in Mikes helmet) so who knows.

All that aside, the newly revealed boat from hidden side gives me high hopes for steamboat willie (assuming the rumours are true). Something like that wouldn't be entirely accurate, but it would do the job for a system sized boat. And it would be in line with recent steamboat Willie merchandise (tsum tsum for example).

33 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

All that aside, the newly revealed boat from hidden side gives me high hopes for steamboat willie (assuming the rumours are true). Something like that wouldn't be entirely accurate, but it would do the job for a system sized boat. And it would be in line with recent steamboat Willie merchandise (tsum tsum for example).

At this point we’re waiting on the latest ideas review. Should be any day now. 

After the reveal of Hidden Side, I think getting another haunted building as the Disney D2C is unlikely now.

My guesses are still either Disneyland's Castle or Disneyworld's Main Street

So, basically steamboat Willie is going to be a set. That mickey b/w minifigure is made just for the set :/

Very very strange, I thought that they didn't approve already owned licenses. Ah well, hope they make it bigger so that you can display figures in/on it. 

This doesn‘t come as a surprise to me since Mickey’s iconic hat was nowhere to be seen in the leaked photos, indicating the set to be one that doesn’t allow for new moulds to be introduced :classic: If it were to be released in the CMF series, they certainly wouldn‘t have passed on that opportunity.

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

This doesn‘t come as a surprise to me since Mickey’s iconic hat was nowhere to be seen in the leaked photos, indicating the set to be one that doesn’t allow for new moulds to be introduced :classic: If it were to be released in the CMF series, they certainly wouldn‘t have passed on that opportunity.

I know there are some very noticeable differences between the two, but, what if Lego will be recoloring a potential new hat mold intended for an upcoming Goofy CMF for Steamboat Willie? They at least both have muffin-topped hats, even though the former has a bill. :shrug_confused:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I know there are some very noticeable differences between the two, but, what if Lego will be recoloring a potential new hat mold intended for an upcoming Goofy CMF for Steamboat Willie? They at least both have muffin-topped hats, even though the former has a bill. :shrug_confused:

I hope so, but somehow I doubt it. Still I'm happy it's finally confirmed. I hope this opens to possibility to get more Micky and Friends related builds (Money Bin, Caravan, Donald's Boat just to name a few)

3 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Very very strange, I thought that they didn't approve already owned licenses. Ah well, hope they make it bigger so that you can display figures in/on it. 

The current rule banning sets based on current Lego lines/licenses is relatively new. For fairness they allowed any sets that already existed but didn’t fit the new guidelines to continue gathering support. Steamboat Willie and several other submissions are grandfathered this way. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

The current rule banning sets based on current Lego lines/licenses is relatively new. For fairness they allowed any sets that already existed but didn’t fit the new guidelines to continue gathering support. Steamboat Willie and several other submissions are grandfathered this way. 

So the fact that the b&w Mickey and Minnie figs leaked before the Ideas review results were even announced is really unusual. Who wants to bet they’re going to try and release Steamboat Willie at the same time as the CMF to up the hype?

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

So the fact that the b&w Mickey and Minnie figs leaked before the Ideas review results were even announced is really unusual. Who wants to bet they’re going to try and release Steamboat Willie at the same time as the CMF to up the hype?

I think they undoubtedly will come toe-in-toe with each other. But I doubt we'd be getting Minnie in the CMF. Because the leaked goat and guitar would be too much for a single CMF and would probably mean all 3 were bundled into the set.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I think they undoubtedly will come toe-in-toe with each other. But I doubt we'd be getting Minnie in the CMF. Because the leaked goat and guitar would be too much for a single CMF and would probably mean all 3 were bundled into the set.

The goat was just a concept from the ideas submission, the only accessory we’ve seen actually leak is the guitar (and a black and white bird that also probably belongs in the set). 

But I have to agree on possibly not getting Minnie in the cmf. The leaked one is probably from the ideas set, and I’m not sure what other variations of her are popular enough to make it into the cmf. 

(On the other hand there are loads of Mickey variations, with Sorcerer’s Apprentice being the most likely one we’ll see)

46 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The goat was just a concept from the ideas submission, the only accessory we’ve seen actually leak is the guitar (and a black and white bird that also probably belongs in the set). 

But I have to agree on possibly not getting Minnie in the cmf. The leaked one is probably from the ideas set, and I’m not sure what other variations of her are popular enough to make it into the cmf. 

(On the other hand there are loads of Mickey variations, with Sorcerer’s Apprentice being the most likely one we’ll see)

I suppose they could put the red dress Minnie from the Disney Castle in the CMF, although I find that extremely unlikely as that would ruin the exclusivity.

8 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m not sure what other variations of her are popular enough to make it into the cmf. 

actually in some shorts she wears a blue dress and a blue or pink bow, without any polka dots

. th?id=OIP.EiV2GbYK0YewgKqNPVr9CAHaFn

Not as iconic of coure, but If they had to put Minnie alongside Mickey, this version may be the way to go

There are many popular Minnie variations. There's Princess Minnie  (three musketeers), Queen Minnie (Kingdom hearts), Roadster Racers Minnie. Mickey Mouse Shorts Minnie  (basically classic Minnie with red polka dot dress but black top and red hat, there's also a blue dress variant), standard blue dress Minnie  (very popular with pvc figures, it's also the variant for her nendoroid figure) the apron wearing Minnie from the Figaro cartoons. And there's the house of a mouse variant. I probably forgot many more but in conclusion there are many Minnies to choose from. Personally I hope for either Queen or Princess Minnie, or the classic blue dress red hat one. But if they could include Figaro I wouldn't say no to a apron variant (could also come with a blue bow)

20 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

There are many popular Minnie variations. There's Princess Minnie  (three musketeers), Queen Minnie (Kingdom hearts), Roadster Racers Minnie. Mickey Mouse Shorts Minnie  (basically classic Minnie with red polka dot dress but black top and red hat, there's also a blue dress variant), standard blue dress Minnie  (very popular with pvc figures, it's also the variant for her nendoroid figure) the apron wearing Minnie from the Figaro cartoons. And there's the house of a mouse variant. I probably forgot many more but in conclusion there are many Minnies to choose from. Personally I hope for either Queen or Princess Minnie, or the classic blue dress red hat one. But if they could include Figaro I wouldn't say no to a apron variant (could also come with a blue bow)

I’d sort of forgotten about princess Minnie, which is ridiculous because after looking at the pictures on google I’m pretty sure my sister had a princess Minnie plush when we kids. 

What really struck me though was that the conical hat version could possibly use the same mold as the wizard’s hat on Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey. Which could be significant given that I’m pretty sure the reason we got Daisy instead of Goofy last time is because they wanted to stay within the mold budget by reusing some (might also explain why we got the Pizza Planet Alien instead of Woody). 

On 1/31/2019 at 10:11 PM, ItamatTheGreat said:

Well, peter pan IS weird and creepy, so I say it fits!

Wahahahaha... Thank you x'D

I think it wouldn't be that much of a problem to introduce medium Legs now. We dont know which characters will appear. I dont think Wendy is that popular. You can use Peter and Hook without her. She is pretty useless without them. A rerelease of Peter Pan is quite unlikely. He is flying half of the movie.  I could not say anything about his size difference to Wendy. To be honest i think he is actually  a bit taller than her... and much smaller than hook. The scales of the figures are already completely wrong.

9 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

What really struck me though was that the conical hat version could possibly use the same mold as the wizard’s hat on Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey. Which could be significant given that I’m pretty sure the reason we got Daisy instead of Goofy last time is because they wanted to stay within the mold budget by reusing some (might also explain why we got the Pizza Planet Alien instead of Woody). 

I guess the potential of selling an army of the little Aliens for Mocs of the Pizza planet scene in the first Movie or at least three of them instead of only one Woody was also a reason. It also saved Potential für series 2. With which character would you team up any side character if the two Main protagonists aren't included?

Edited by Gorilla94

3 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I guess the potential of selling an army of the little Aliens for Mocs of the Pizza planet scene in the first Movie or at least three of them instead of only one Woody was also a reason. It also saved Potential für series 2. With which character would you team up any side character if the two Main protagonists aren't included?

While Lego couldn’t necessarily predict it last time, we’ve already discussed how the Toy Story 4 juniors sets mean we likely won’t be getting any Toy Story characters in the cmf.

They also didn’t hold back with any of the other figs in series 1, always including the main/most popular characters or a hero/villain pair. Which is what makes me think that any ‘obvious’ characters we didn’t get were ones they just didn’t have the budget/room for (like Goofy, Woody, Lilo, etc.)

Actually the ‘rumored’ list has 21 characters, 3 more than it should, which would be hard to believe even if we didn’t already know it was 18. 

Some of the characters aren’t even minifigures (Hamm the piggy bank)

Also, the first series had 4 Mickey and friends characters, 5 from classic movies, 5 from renaissance/modern movies, and 4 from Pixar movies. I’m not sure if we’ll have the exact same numbers this time around, but I’d still expect more classic characters than just Tigger and Pooh. 

Hot tip for the next person who wants to make a fake leak, don’t put Winston Deavor as your first character :laugh: As if Lego would ever use up one of its Disney cmf slots on a minor character in a generic suit 

Edited by Accio Lego