Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

A black and white guitar has leaked. At first I thought there weren't any instruments in steamboat Willie because they used the animals to make music, but after rewatching it I noticed there's exactly 1 instrument, the exact same black and white guitar, eaten by the goat, which made him make music, starting the entire process of making music on animals.

On 1/23/2019 at 5:33 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

If this is from an ideas set that would mean the treehouse and flintstones and steam boat willy set would be coming within 2 or so months of each other which is highly unlikely. The next two logical places for the minny would be the d2c or Disney series 2 cmf 

Exo-suit and Research Institute were very close (Aug 2014 in the UK). Although I'd imagine they would have told us if the Ideas set was coming.

Edited by MAB

I feel like Minnie will definitely come with a new-mould hat, like Donald in the original CMF. And she will be included in the CMF 2 not in the Steamboat Willie, just a hunch.

By the way, is that goat printed mould legit?

Edited by AdriWho

On 1/27/2019 at 4:18 AM, Legofan2001 said:

With wall-e Disney wasn’t sharing the wealth. The guy who submitted it was,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_MacLane

He’s been with Pixar for a long time and is pretty high up.

Disney / Pixar still had to license it though and will make money that way.

56 minutes ago, AdriWho said:

By the way, is that goat printed mould legit?

I'm sorry, I should've made myself more clear, only the guitar has leaked, no goat. Although an image of a Lego version of the goat can be found, but that one is fake. Or well it's a custom from the ideas page, so not the official Lego design at least.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Disney series 2 has 18 figures 

That's a shame, I guess Lego was just very generous with Harry Potter last time. Oh well, still better than 16.

16 hours ago, GamerBambii said:

Does anyone know if there's going to be any Gravity Falls figures in series two???

The only figure we know of is a black and white Minnie, but it's being speculated that she'll appear in a Steamboat Willie set.

I hope that goat turns out to be true, if only because it could mean bringing the mold back to production.

Too bad the goat isn’t real :sadnew: I never understood why they introduced the goat mould for one single set, never to be seen again :wacko:

Back to the main topic of the thread:

Frankly, I was pretty disappointed at first about the CMF series “only” including 18 minifigs, but it was my own fault to expect more than that. At least the patterns are consistent: Regular series have 16 (occasionally 17), Disney 18, LEGO feature film - based ones 20 (except for the first movie) and WW 22 has minifigs.

This way, it at least looks better on display (since you can arrange them the same way as Series 1) and as long as Goofy is involved and there aren’t any repeats (looking at you, Donald), this will be a highlight for me this year :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Too bad the goat isn’t real :sadnew: I never understood why they introduced the goat mould for one single set, never to be seen again :wacko:

Frankly, I was pretty disappointed at first about the CMF series “only” including 18 minifigs, but it was my own fault to expect more than that. At least the patterns are consistent: Regular series have 16 (occasionally 17), Disney 18, LEGO feature film - based ones 20 (except for the first movie) and WW 22 has minifigs.

This way, it at least looks better on display (since you can arrange them the same way as Series 1) and as long as Goofy is involved and there aren’t any repeats (looking at you, Donald), this will be a highlight for me this year :sweet:

I think Donald and Micky are a save bet. They are too iconic to be left out because the average customer will likely don't have them. I hope for a nee mould with closed mouth.

4 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I think Donald and Micky are a save bet. They are too iconic to be left out because the average customer will likely don't have them. I hope for a nee mould with closed mouth.

Well Goofy was a save bet last time and we didn't get him, so I wouldn't be too sure about Donald. But another Mickey is indeed very likely.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well Goofy was a save bet last time and we didn't get him, so I wouldn't be too sure about Donald. But another Mickey is indeed very likely.

In some countries Donald is way more popular than Mickey. So i think they are both very likely to show up again. 

2 hours ago, Borex said:

In some countries Donald is way more popular than Mickey. So i think they are both very likely to show up again. 

I know, my own country included, just saying that nothing really is a save bet with this series. But ofcourse they already have the mold this time around so who knows. Would like to see superdonald/the duck avenger myself.

19 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

And if they make a new kind of licensed series, some day, it'll have 24 minifigures.:wink:

20 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Ok that´s a point. Not save bet but very, very likely. in my oninion as likely as Mickey. In many countries he is more popular like Borex said. In Germany for example it´s absolutely the case. Simpsons 2 also included the whole Family again and with medium legs there would be indeed a for most people acceptable reason to do so with Mickey, Minnie, Daisy and Donald..

It would be weird to introduce the medium legs to Disney characters at this point. Its too late for that

Peter Pan and Alice already have regular legs and other characters would look odd compared to them. Wendy with medium legs would look weird with an adult-size Peter Pan (weird and creepy)

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It would be weird to introduce the medium legs to Disney characters at this point. Its too late for that

Peter Pan and Alice already have regular legs and other characters would look odd compared to them. Wendy with medium legs would look weird with an adult-size Peter Pan (weird and creepy)

Well, peter pan IS weird and creepy, so I say it fits!

A black and white Mickey might have just leaked, it's taken from a very weird angel but the head clearly doesn't have any eyelashes. He looks rather boring compared to Minnie since they both have a completely black torso. I still hope Minnie's torso is wrong to make them look a little bit more interesting.

4 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

A black and white Mickey might have just leaked, it's taken from a very weird angel but the head clearly doesn't have any eyelashes. He looks rather boring compared to Minnie since they both have a completely black torso. I still hope Minnie's torso is wrong to make them look a little bit more interesting.

What did you anticipate for the torso of a minifigure based on the black and white Mickey Mouse from Steamboat Willie ? It’s one of the very first animated cartoons, the visuals practically had to be simple in order to succeed. That and Mickey’s torso is actually solid black. It’s difficult to jazz him up without making him wildly inaccurate.

That Mickey looks great, though he lacks his iconic Steamboat Willie hat... Unless this is from an unannounced Ideas set, in which case it would make perfect sense for it to be missing (you know, new moulds and all that) :tongue:

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

What did you anticipate for the torso of a minifigure based on the black and white Mickey Mouse from Steamboat Willie ? It’s one of the very first animated cartoons, the visuals practically had to be simple in order to succeed. That and Mickey’s torso is actually solid black. It’s difficult to jazz him up without making him wildly inaccurate.

I know but Minnie is supposed to have a top, now they look way too similar. And Mickey is supposed to have his hat.

Is there any speculation that Frozone might be in this Series?

Im wondering who they might pair him with, voyd? Evelyn? New Elastagirl, classic Elastagirl, or classic Mr. Incredible