LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

3 hours ago, MAB said:

Maggie Simpson in two different CMF series:

*insert pictures here*

Base plus THREE parts in each case.

I never paid attention to the Simpsons series, thanks for the correction! It looks like this event happens every time they make big moulds and lots of them although S18 was good so who knows :def_shrug:

Lego really stepped up their cmf series since Disney S1 so I'm certain S2 will be a lot better than last time. Also I still think Main Street is a very likely choice for a D2C set

Even with a lot a new molds, the Simpson series 1 had a great choice about accessories, that's why I don't understand what happened with Disney series 1. Some good accesssories with Alice, Maleficent or the Incredibles, but why 2 genie lamps ? A piece of bread would have been perfect for Aladdin. Ditto with a fork  for Ariel instead of jewel, a potion for Ursula instead of the trident, grey knives for Peter Pan instead of the gold ones. I also think like Huigberts Builds that series 2 will be better about accessories.

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It seems the D2C will be released on September and set number is 71044

According to who? :shrug_confused:

I wonder if No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane is a D2C possibility? Would make for some great minifigure options, potentially fit in a modular setting *and* be a good tie in for the newly-exposed-to-Mary-Poppins audience too.

31 minutes ago, williejm said:

I wonder if No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane is a D2C possibility? Would make for some great minifigure options, potentially fit in a modular setting *and* be a good tie in for the newly-exposed-to-Mary-Poppins audience too.

Now I can definitely picture that LEGO Mary Poppins set in my mind!

11 hours ago, PrisonBrick said:

F345363-B-8-B7-C-4-A1-C-87-AE-4-CE579728

On 1/5/2019 at 11:09 PM, Robert8 said:

It seems the D2C will be released on September and set number is 71044

Yes, 2925 pieces

Very excited for series 2- if I had to bet on the D2C I’d look at the movies being released this year and the iconic structures within them.

1. Elsa’s Ice Castle : Frozen hysteria will be at an all time high this year with the new movie- I expect to see the characters in series 2 and a D2C Ice castle would be impressive, unique and probably include a Olaf figure/ big clear pieces, which would make sense for a lower piece count.

2. Arabian palace : The palace from aladdin would look incredible in Lego form, and fit perfectly with the release of the live action. Jasmine mini figure exclusive- since we already have Aladdin and Genie.

3. Disney Park series : I think it’s possible we’ll get other iconic buildings in the park universe, if they decide to go this route with the series. Sleeping beauty’s castle, Haunted mansion, Main Street, being most likely. I think micro scale is also possible in this category. 

4. Lion king : I’d be surprised if they went this route, given there are no buildings in this universe and it would be largely landscapes. HOWEVER the movie will likely be the biggest this year if not all time in box office revenue- and Disney might try to capitalize on that?

this is all theory though. It’s hard to think of a Disney location that could involve every character from the series/ beside the Disney castle.

Edited by LordVoldemort

I believe it could be Sleeping Beauty Castle or something like Haunted Mansion, being that it will be released in September. We have to take into account the last set was based on the theme parks and I think Disney and lego will probably be looking to do that again. 

I think that given they did a castle last time (one that is still for sale at LEGO stores and online) something that isn't a castle would make sense to do this time and would sell better.

21 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

2. Arabian palace : The palace from aladdin would look incredible in Lego form, and fit perfectly with the release of the live action. Jasmine mini figure exclusive- since we already have Aladdin and Genie.

About this great idea, I would let Jasmine and Jafar in series 2 CMF, and would wish the Sultan or Razoul or the seller from the beginning (with his shop) as exclusive minifigurine.

Edited by notpennysboat

On 1/11/2019 at 11:21 AM, LordVoldemort said:

It’s hard to think of a Disney location that could involve every character from the series/ beside the Disney castle.

I don’t think it’s likely, but possibly the Disney Railway with Lily Belle? And a train station? That might make sense to have various Disney characters onboard? 

So a classic Black and White Minnie has just leaked. Not sure what to think of her yet, the head is at least usefull to make an italian comic accurate version. Not sure if she uses the short legs, kinda odd that she doesn't have a bow or even the old hat. Wonder what this will mean for Mickey.

Edit: Apparently it's from a set. Steamboat Willie perhaps? Although the torso would be inaccurate.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

If this is from an ideas set that would mean the treehouse and flintstones and steam boat willy set would be coming within 2 or so months of each other which is highly unlikely. The next two logical places for the minny would be the d2c or Disney series 2 cmf 

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If this is from an ideas set that would mean the treehouse and flintstones and steam boat willy set would be coming within 2 or so months of each other which is highly unlikely. The next two logical places for the minny would be the d2c or Disney series 2 cmf 

Most likely not the ideas set. Never have I seen a leak before a set is approved. So I assume they meant the D2C set which could also be Steamboat Willie, or perhaps just a trip through memory lane with movies that made Disney big. An other option is some kind of theatre. Wasn't there a theatre on main street?