Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

Thanks to @Itaria No Shintaku now we know Disney Series 2 will be released next spring

On 10/30/2018 at 12:04 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Series 19 won't happen in April / May.

You will get your so many times asked Dinsey 2.
This is what I feared.

Wishlist thread

Edited by Clone OPatra
Retitled from just Series 2

Well, despite the presumed push-back of Series 19 to September of that year (hopefully), this is the one licensed CMS follow-up I've been eagerly anticipating for awhile now. I'd imagine that some of this year's and next year's theatrical Disney releases will most certainly influence its line-up.

So, with that said, I'd predict that we'll see some Winnie the Pooh characters (taking after this year's Christopher Robin movie), a Jasmine and/or Jafar CMF (to tie into the live-action remake), at least Woody as a companion to Series 1's Buzz (to tie into the fourth movie), Frozen's Anna and Elsa no doubt for the sequel, and perhaps Mary Poppins (?). Also, being the unofficial face of the Disney Princess franchise, I expect to see Cinderella take a slot in the Series, though I'd personally prefer to see Snow White in her place being the titular character of Disney's first ever feature-length motion picture.

Toy Story 4 will get a line of sets next year, so I don't think we'll see Toy Story characters in the CMF line

There would be 2 Woody's: one with a normal head (CMF series) and one with a molded head (sets)

YESS!! I'm really excited for it! Can't wait for leaks :wub: I hope we get some Hercules and Tarzan, and Brave!

Edited by Otherworld

3 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Bet ya this is where we get frozone

Agree. 

Also, considering Aladdin movie comes out next year, I'd say Jasmine and Jafar are safe bets

While Frozone, Jafar and Jasmine would all be welcomed additions, I’d rather see other franchises enter the spotlight :thumbup: I hope they use the same formula as in series 1 and include characters from several eras as well as Pixar characters :sweet: 

7 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Bet ya this is where we get frozone

I reeeeeeally hope so!

4 hours ago, Otherworld said:

YESS!! I'm really excited for it! Can't wait for leaks :wub: I hope we get some Hercules and Tarzan, and Brave!

Tarzan would be quite useful for MOCs. However, I would first have to make the decision to not keep Tarzan together, and I don't know if I could do that to myself.

Awesome (rumoured) news!

Any chance of a Sleeping Beauty's Castle D2C to go along with the second Disney CMF series?

My most wanted for the second series would probably be ... Scrooge McDuck.

Scrooge could use the new medium legs to make him a bit shorter than Donald. Question is though, how a tophat would fit in the tiny pin-hole from the head mold and if the glasses are just printed...

I hope that we get him!

2 hours ago, Modeltrainman said:

Oh, wow, if this is true...:grin_wub::excited:Is it known for certain?!

It was reported by Itaria, our No1 source for CMF news :wink:

9 hours ago, Otherworld said:

Merida and Herc aren‘t unlikely, but Tarzan sadly is... As far as I know, Disney lost the license so they can‘t produce any new content, be it videogames (*cough* Kingdom Hearts *cough*) or merchandise :sadnew:

I hope we don't get Scrooge McDuck, but only because DuckTales could be an entire CMF wave all by themselves!

Bad news! Did not get a single fig from series 1 and do not expect series 2 will be of much use to me either :wall:

Great news. Really hoping for some classics like Cruella, Jafar, Chip n Dale, some Pooh crew, and maybe some Up! and Emperor’s New Groove characters ?

12 minutes ago, williejm said:

...and Emperor’s New Groove characters ?

Sign me up! I adore that film, Yzma and Kronk just crack me up :head_back: The only problem there is that Kuzco in Llama form (which would be necessary if the film was to be represented in the series, omitting him would be weird) would have to be an accessory, and a large one at that :sceptic: The largest animal accessories thus far were Santas Little Helper and the farmer‘s pig and I feel those were already stretching the limits.

Speaking of animal characters, a lot of films can automatically be eliminated based on the criteria that the CMF series need to have... well, minifigs :laugh: Still leaves plenty of options though

46 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sign me up! I adore that film, Yzma and Kronk just crack me up :head_back: The only problem there is that Kuzco in Llama form (which would be necessary if the film was to be represented in the series, omitting him would be weird) would have to be an accessory, and a large one at that :sceptic: The largest animal accessories thus far were Santas Little Helper and the farmer‘s pig and I feel those were already stretching the limits.

Speaking of animal characters, a lot of films can automatically be eliminated based on the criteria that the CMF series need to have... well, minifigs :laugh: Still leaves plenty of options though

... the largest animal accessory was Batman's dolphin ;)

As ever, accessories will depend on how many new moulds they need to introduce, and what can be reused. Really hope they don't go down the Simpsons line of somewhat tedious repeat core character versions though ... not sure we need too many Daisy Duck outfit variations.

Definitely want to see Frozone here. My biggest lament about the Incredibles sets this year was the absence of Frozone. Here's hoping they can rectify that. Scrooge McDuck is unlikely but would be great. 

Can't think of anything else, but I'm sure the choices will be interesting all the same!

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Merida and Herc aren‘t unlikely, but Tarzan sadly is... As far as I know, Disney lost the license so they can‘t produce any new content, be it videogames (*cough* Kingdom Hearts *cough*) or merchandise :sadnew:

Well, there goes a potential live-action remake of Disney's Tarzan.

5 hours ago, williejm said:

... the largest animal accessory was Batman's dolphin ;)

You‘re right, silly me :snicker: In that case, Llama Kuzco isn’t that far-fetched :sweet:

12 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

Well, there goes a potential live-action remake of Disney's Tarzan.

They could always buy the rights again... or at least some of the rights since we have a Sherlock Holmes like situation here where some of the books are publc domain while others aren’t :wink: