Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I hope so. A set of the Money Bin will be a lifelong dream come true (not even exaggerating) but sadly I doubt it. Then again I never would've believed we would get scrooge and the triplets as figures either so who knows.

Wait, what if the D2C is the Money Bin? If it was the size of a creator modular, the proposed 2925 piece count would actually check out - about 2400 parts for the building (maybe less, the outside isn't packed with details) and 500 golden studs, coins, jewels and what have you for Scrooge to dive into :grin: It's a small chance, but we've latched onto the idea this set has to relate to Disney Castle, while in reality it certainly doesn't. Now that the new duck moulds exist, the Bin isn't a bit farfetched.

5 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

Wait, what if the D2C is the Money Bin? If it was the size of a creator modular, the proposed 2925 piece count would actually check out - about 2400 parts for the building (maybe less, the outside isn't packed with details) and 500 golden studs, coins, jewels and what have you for Scrooge to dive into :grin: It's a small chance, but we've latched onto the idea this set has to relate to Disney Castle, while in reality it certainly doesn't. Now that the new duck moulds exist, the Bin isn't a bit farfetched.

I thought about building a Money Bin Moc for a long time (but decided to do a playset style Moe's Tavern instead).  You can print a bunch of  big panels (lego would of course ist cheap stickers) to make the room look much bigger and use  something like the gold pile in the Smaug-Set for Scrooge sinking in at a few pots. Lego would never fill a lot of open space with loose bricks. The only Time something slightly comparable happened was the Ideas ship in the bottle and that was a closed space in a display model where you don't loose about 100 prices per day playing with it... If Lego would do it really filled with loose coins(what i can't imagine under any circumstances) they for sure wouldn't use crome prices. You could expect unprinted 1x1-roundtiles in yellow or Pearl Gold at best and that would look terrible.

15 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Well LEGO still did not make Toy Story and The Incredibles sets as minidolls. That can be say that it is mainly because those Disney properties are still targeting boys, while Princess are girls territory (despite the fact they renamed the Princess line). 

From where I would look back to both Disney minifig series. Why the inclusion of Princess in this line? I can see Aladdin as a boys thing too, but Ariel, Elza and Anna? Why to segment an IP like that? The whole boys vs girls point is silly nowadays. 

I don’t really get what you’re getting at here. Some boys like princesses and superheroes, as do some girls. 

On 3/21/2019 at 2:19 AM, rob-ot5000 said:

My sources tell me that the upcoming Disney D2C will again be priced at $350

And it's just going to be a Goofy and Pluto minifigure two-pack. No build.

I was totally stoked for this, until I heard they haven’t chosen the right colour for Goofy’s waistcoat. A pass for me. AFOL s betrayed again. 

31 minutes ago, williejm said:

I was totally stoked for this, until I heard they haven’t chosen the right colour for Goofy’s waistcoat. A pass for me. AFOL s betrayed again. 

That's all a joke, isn't it? Or is the build so bad, the "no build" was ironic?

My problem is, that he already gave so many good/correct hints, that i don't know if there is some information hidden?

4 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

That's all a joke, isn't it? Or is the build so bad, the "no build" was ironic?

My problem is, that he already gave so many good/correct hints, that i don't know if there is some information hidden?

Yes. We need a sarcasm font. 

Well, Scrooge and the nephews are happening for me, no question.

Given how beloved Uncle Scrooge comics are all over the world, I was always surprised we didn't see him in wave 1.

2 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I thought about building a Money Bin Moc for a long time (but decided to do a playset style Moe's Tavern instead).  You can print a bunch of  big panels (lego would of course ist cheap stickers) to make the room look much bigger and use  something like the gold pile in the Smaug-Set for Scrooge sinking in at a few pots. Lego would never fill a lot of open space with loose bricks. The only Time something slightly comparable happened was the Ideas ship in the bottle and that was a closed space in a display model where you don't loose about 100 prices per day playing with it... If Lego would do it really filled with loose coins(what i can't imagine under any circumstances) they for sure wouldn't use crome prices. You could expect unprinted 1x1-roundtiles in yellow or Pearl Gold at best and that would look terrible.

The coins themselves would probably cost the entire Scrooge's fortune :laugh_hard:

I'm aware we couldn't possibly get all the chrome gold coins, but I don't think pearl gold round tiles would look terrible at all. Besides the designer would have to cheat a little with the money pool, because even a thousand studs poured on the Bin's floor wouldn't be even remotely deep enough to swim in. I imagine there would be buildable stacks of gold ingots, paper money, treasure chests etc leaving a small portion of the vault "swimmable".

I get what everyone is saying about the minidoll line not being inclusive for other ips but in reality lego is covering every bit of the Disney merchandise. Now as a hardcore Disney fan I can tell that Star Wars, marvel, toy story and cars, Disney mascots such as stitch and dumbo, Mickey and friends and the princesses (including frozen) are the things most popular with kids and really the only ones that will get merchandise. Now take into account that u might see merchandise for movies I did not mention like wreck it Ralph but those come out to coincide with the movies. This is why sets of Hercules, Tarzan ,big hero 6 ecc don’t happen because there’s not enough market. And lego is covering everything thats popular . Mickey Mouse in duplo for the smaller kids, princesses and Pixar for older kids and then  marvel and Star Wars for the teens. Btw I’m not saying You can’t enjoy sets if they’re not in your age range.

as for the minidolls I think they represent better most human Disney caracters like the princesses since they have a similar style. To be honest I would kill for a minidoll Hercules. 

I know that it’s sad but it’s part of a society where most kids think that Disney caracters are childish except of course marvel and Star Wars. I do hope to see some more sets like a nightmare before Christmas but since that movie targets older audiences I think minifigs and brick heads are gonna be more popular for just a casual  ntbc fan that isnt into lego

Edited by Rambo260

5 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

Well there's this tweet: https://mobile.twitter.com/lego_group/status/914944734556286977

Still, it sounds way too good to be true. But since it appears these figures are on top of most people's wanting list who knows. And tbh it would be the only set I could accept without goofy. 

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Yes. We need a sarcasm font. 

Thanks ?

Haha... Only for the few guys who often  make little riddles in their comments containing new information ?

4 hours ago, williejm said:

I don’t really get what you’re getting at here. Some boys like princesses and superheroes, as do some girls. 

That was exactly my point. LEGO breaks it’s line between minifigs and minidolls, saying that the later appeal more girls, targeting girls as the demographic of those sets. While such toys or properties should not be gender specific. LEGO is actually labeling minidolls as develop for girls. Ok, they had problems with girls and minifigs and ended developing minidolls, which themselves became a gender problem. If the system was broken to one side (not appealing enough girls) fix the system and don’t create another line. Make something inclusive for all. Don’t tell me some boys also like those sets. It is true of course, but everything on them are targeting only girls.

On 3/21/2019 at 1:20 PM, Chiaroscuro said:

He was joking that the two-pack will cost $350.

There is no information about the upcoming D2C Disney set except that it is coming. There should be an exclusive minifig on it so maybe Goofy is still a possibility.

I see.  I took those as 2 unrelated statements...

Any idea when an announcement will be made for the D2C set later this fall? Couldn’t remember how much in advance the castle was announced/leaked.

Edited by DisneyLego

57 minutes ago, DisneyLego said:

Any idea when an announcement will be made for the D2C set later this fall? Couldn’t remember how much I’m advance the castle was announced/leaked.

The Disney Castle was announced in July 11th, 2016 so we may hear something in July.

My son and I are have a prediction for a viable D2C set.  What if Disney released a monorail?  You could essentially put in whatever characters you wanted.  That might be how they introduce Goofy among others.  There has always been a lot of support for a monorail set since the days of the famed airport set that included one.  It appeals to all ages, genders, and Disney fans alike.  Only bad thing is the price would likely be stratospheric even if it was the obligatory three car/round track model.  Exactly what a lot of people would want, but a fraction could afford.  Then again, hopefully Goofy is NOT in this thing.  

3 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

My son and I are have a prediction for a viable D2C set.  What if Disney released a monorail?  You could essentially put in whatever characters you wanted.  That might be how they introduce Goofy among others.  There has always been a lot of support for a monorail set since the days of the famed airport set that included one.  It appeals to all ages, genders, and Disney fans alike.  Only bad thing is the price would likely be stratospheric even if it was the obligatory three car/round track model.  Exactly what a lot of people would want, but a fraction could afford.  Then again, hopefully Goofy is NOT in this thing.  

I like that idea, kind of in line with the train prediction. Allows for any character to be introduced and a universal piece of Disney rather than a specific Disney park

If the D2C set includes again an exclusive piece, it should be Pluto

Goofy can be a CMF on his own, but Pluto can't

The D2C is the only way to get it

I didn’t even want the figures from the Steamboat Willie set, so them being included here isn’t exciting. I’ll probably pick up Mickey at least. Scrooge and the triplets are all easy passes. I always hated Chip and Dale as a kid, but medium legs in a new color is exciting!

Jack and Sally look fine but I’m not a huge fan of the film. Hoping to see Sally’s hairpiece reused elsewhere. Really happy to get Jasmine and Jafar, and I’m glad she reuses her minidoll hairpiece. SO excited for Hercules! He looks great and Hades is cool too. Elsa and Anna look amazing too with their printing, skirts and new hair pieces. For a second I thought Anna was reusing Dorothy’s.

But please tell me why The Incredibles, after getting two spots last time, a theme with three sets, two brickheadz, a polybag and video game gets ANOTHER two characters!? Frozone is cool but I wasn’t a part of the fans begging for him in minifigure form and we already have a figure of Edna! Were they really more of a priority than movies that haven’t seen ANY representation or characters who were left out of the last series like Lilo and Aurora (who, ya’know.. are kind of the titular characters of their films)

I like The Incredibles and all, but I hope to never see it in Lego form again. 

And on the topic of Goofy, there really is no good reason for him to be excluded in favor of the ducks and Chip and Dale. Say what you want about how popular which character is in what certain country’s comic books, but Goofy is a part of Disney’s most iconic trio and one of the most recognizable cartoon characters in history. There is absolutely no way Lego and Disney didn’t consider him for both series 1 and 2. He’s most likely going to be exclusive to the D2C like Tinkerbell was. I’m not sure if that’s worse than him being absent and relegated to a hypothetical Series 3 we won’t see until 2022. If he is saved for that, I’m hoping he’s paired with his son Max from A Goofy Movie.

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

If the D2C set includes again an exclusive piece, it should be Pluto

Goofy can be a CMF on his own, but Pluto can't

The D2C is the only way to get it

Depends on how they present him.  If it is a manifestation of the four legged version in the animated Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, then he would have to come in a set.  This one would probably be similar to the Scooby Doo mold.  However, if they introduced him as a costumed character in the way he appears in park parades and meet and greets, then he would be on two legs, and could be made as a minifig.  

19 minutes ago, saysonder said:

But please tell me why The Incredibles, after getting two spots last time, a theme with three sets, two brickheadz, a polybag and video game gets ANOTHER two characters!? Frozone is cool but I wasn’t a part of the fans begging for him in minifigure form and we already have a figure of Edna! Were they really more of a priority than movies that haven’t seen ANY representation or characters who were left out of the last series like Lilo and Aurora (who, ya’know.. are kind of the titular characters of their films)

If you're looking for a serious answer to that question: https://www.cartoonbrew.com/box-office-report/incredibles-2-is-now-the-highest-grossing-u-s-animation-release-of-all-time-161739.html

3 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Depends on how they present him.  If it is a manifestation of the four legged version in the animated Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, then he would have to come in a set.  This one would probably be similar to the Scooby Doo mold.  However, if they introduced him as a costumed character in the way he appears in park parades and meet and greets, then he would be on two legs, and could be made as a minifig.  

I know most feel pretty strongly that he’ll be 4 legged but I’m still thinking he’ll be bipedal especially since they’ll already have the head mold available (assuming Goofy is released in the D2C) 

2 hours ago, DisneyLego said:

I know most feel pretty strongly that he’ll be 4 legged but I’m still thinking he’ll be bipedal especially since they’ll already have the head mold available (assuming Goofy is released in the D2C) 

Except that Goofy's head isn't Pluto's. I mean if they do a new mold for both Chip and Dale they really won't cheap out on Goofy by giving him printed teeth.