Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

I’ve had my eye on the Disney Castle for some time now, but it has been labeled as “Temporarily out of stock” for a while on ShopLego. Is this a sign that it is on its way to becoming a retired set, or is it listed that way due to slowed production on the set? Is there a chance it may come back for at least a small window of time?

On 6/21/2020 at 2:34 AM, AmericaLego said:

Is this a sign that it is on its way to becoming a retired set, or is it listed that way due to slowed production on the set?

Probably the latter.

On 6/21/2020 at 2:34 AM, AmericaLego said:

Is there a chance it may come back for at least a small window of time?

Yes, a very good chance.

The UK store it says "temporarily out of stock" and you can sign up for stock alerts.

Would love to see a Disney Parks theme from LEGO. The iconic attractions would be fun builds. Each set could include the characters associated with the attraction and some tourists.

7 hours ago, BrickCity said:

Any thoughts on when we might see Disney Minifigures Series 3?

There‘s no real pattern since none of the licensed CMF subthemes so far had more than two series :wink: If Disney is the first subtheme to break the mould, we could see one in 2022 if the pattern continues. 

On 7/2/2020 at 5:46 AM, Lego-Freak said:

There‘s no real pattern since none of the licensed CMF subthemes so far had more than two series :wink: If Disney is the first subtheme to break the mould, we could see one in 2022 if the pattern continues. 

Good point. Is there any indication on how Series 2 sales performed? I had heard that the Disney Railroad wasn’t considered a strong seller. 

I think it wasn't a great seller because it wasn't a great value. the train looked beautiful but the price was a little to steep, especially since the station didnt have much depth. If it goes on sell, I think I would pick it up. 

As for the CMF, I think its a lot more accessible to other people due to its price point. I would hope we don't need to wait until 2022 to get another. Lets hope for 2021. 

Lets also hope they get back to the theme park builds. I am excited for the Winnie the pooh ideas set though-- lets see if Sesame Street bricks the "no new molds" rule. Maybe another CMF will coincide with it. Lets hope it opens the door for other Minifigures sets too. Its a shame ideas passed on snow whites cottage, but those are builds I would love to see. Other Disney movie castle sets or iconic locations would be a great move for D2Cs.

The buildable mickey and Minnie are great to look at, but not what im looking for in my Disney lego display. 

1 hour ago, Sheesh417 said:

New rumor has been leaked for Disney series 3 in 2021 

Any source? Haven’t seen anything yet on social media LEGO leak accounts

There has been rumours / speculation ever since we knew about Series 2! Not leaks though. Just speculation.