Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

I hope there are no more Donald's and Daisy's for a while. After the CMF i think most people are "ducked out" and we have seen enough of them for a while. Clarabell and Horace would be awesome, or Pete. I have never been to a Park so don't know what characters are classicly associated with the train and station.

With it being a train I have a bad feeling it’s going to be a repeat of characters with the addition of Goofy and (fingers crossed) Pluto...

tinkerbell made sense for the castle but I can’t think of a signature character to go with the train...always wanted a Jiminy cricket

Alexa play “when you wish upon a star...”

Edited by DisneyLego

3 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

I know there’s absolutely no chance that they’ll do Clarabelle Cow or Horace Horsecollar, but it would be fantastic to see them.

I hope that we get Clarabelle and Horace (and Pete) at some point in the future!

There's no way they can only do the train at a $250(?) price point, it'll have the station as well. 

1 hour ago, doclord said:

There's no way they can only do the train at a $250(?) price point, it'll have the station as well. 

That depends on how much of the train they do. In operation, the train has an engine, a (fake) timber car, about five passenger cars, and a caboose. Obviously including all five passenger cars would be redundant, but even if they just included the build for one, that's still a sizable train set.

All the same, I certainly hope a station building is included also.

6 hours ago, Sheesh417 said:

I think the reason for Minnie having a cloth skirt is so she can sit in the train.

I kind of thought that too, but the downside to this approach is that the skirt will just become ruined when it's folded too much anyways, just like the capes. They really should have gone for the softer fabric.

Edited by strangely

lol bet well have another leak tomorrow. I hope the Main Street building is a good build with nice features. I wonder what it will be like! The set is a September release, with a vip release day in august. Im sure well have better news about the set by the end of this month. Its surprising two figs already leaked. 

There have been rumors of this set for about a month, and no one believed them. The original rumor had POTC characters. It was the first source of this disney train set.

23 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

There have been rumors of this set for about a month, and no one believed them. The original rumor had POTC characters. It was the first source of this disney train set.

I thought that set dealt with a Pirates of the Caribbean ride set, not the train? 

4 hours ago, Modeltrainman said:

@Agent 86This is going to sound, well, Goofy, but Goofy and Clarabelle have dated, so it's not unheard of to add Clarabelle.

I didnt know Disney mascots have such a complicated sex/love life. O.o

I don't know, what to say :( Saw Goofy... this is terrible. Please tell me this figure is a cheap chineese knockoff and not a real Lego leak...

His head is so completely out of scale. Reminds me of Funko Pop figures to some degree... His Legs seem so short (because of the expected size difference to Donald etc. and his huge head ) i asked myself if Lego used medium ones... I guess i need to erase the Print from Woodys legs, customprint a Torso and use Woodys yellow arms. The colour is inaccurate but still better than this...

20 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

I don't know, what to say :( Saw Goofy... this is terrible. Please tell me this figure is a cheap chineese knockoff and not a real Lego leak...

His head is so completely out of scale.

Minifigures at extremes are rarely to scale.

120px-Jack_Skellington.png71024-LEGO-Disney-Collectible-Minifigure

11 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

Clarabell and Horace would be awesome, or Pete. I have never been to a Park so don't know what characters are classicly associated with the train and station.

Sadly Pete never made an actual appearance in the parks so he won't be likely. It's about time he makes an appearance, at least when he turns 100 in 2025, oh well.

Anyway is it a train for sure? I can also imagine it being one of the trolleys but with just a translation error. Still I could see them including Donald and Daisy again for the ones that missed the previous serie and want to reunite the duck family (it's been quite some time ago). Ofcourse there's still the castle but I don't know how long that one will be available  (does anyone know? I still wanna buy it but I'm kinda focusing on different sets right now, don't wanna miss my last chance)

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Anyway is it a train for sure? I can also imagine it being one of the trolleys but with just a translation error. Still I could see them including Donald and Daisy again for the ones that missed the previous serie and want to reunite the duck family (it's been quite some time ago). Ofcourse there's still the castle but I don't know how long that one will be available  (does anyone know? I still wanna buy it but I'm kinda focusing on different sets right now, don't wanna miss my last chance)

With the new D2C coming out and with the castle being three years old, I would assume it migh retire by the end of the year. I know the Simpson’s had both sets on the selves together for sometime. It might be the same thing here! The release for the second D2C is bound to cause rise in sales for the castle! 

7 hours ago, MAB said:

Minifigures at extremes are rarely to scale.

120px-Jack_Skellington.png71024-LEGO-Disney-Collectible-Minifigure

I know. That's the reason i didn't buy Jack and Sally ^^' That and the open shown Stud on his head. Lego should introduce a hailress hairpiece. From Lord Voldemord, Lobot from Star Wars to Dwalin and lots of super heroes this piece would be usefull for so many themes.

Edited by Gorilla94

17 hours ago, doclord said:

A large train can easily reach that price point if it included some electronics.

The 2018 City Cargo Train is €190 for 1226 parts.

2018 Vestas Windmill was €200 for 826 parts.

Edited by TeriXeri

I’m wondering if the cost might include the Power 2.0 functions .. like those that came in set 60198 ? 

5 hours ago, Sheesh417 said:

The release for the second D2C is bound to cause rise in sales for the castle! 

Yeah that's pretty much the thing that convinced me to get it anyway :laugh_hard:

I may be in the minority but I’m actually hoping they don’t do a train AND station....the level of detail that should go into the train or station would likely never be able to be executed in a $250 set. I feel like if they did both, one would be extremely subpar or both would be average at best

has the train been confirmed or is there still a chance it ends up being something else?

No confirmation as of yet .. just rumour really .. only things so far are the Goofy and Minnie figures leak .. and I suppose they’re not 100 % confirmed yet either 

22 hours ago, Modeltrainman said:

@sunhuntinI'm a huge Disney and train guy. I'm expecting more or less something like this:51xVh2S3UDL._SX300_.jpg

Alternatively:  http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71-8boJSmoL.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71-8boJSmoL.jpg

tsw0983429fi.jpg

If the set looked like this and included the Lilly Belle, I'd pretty much pay whatever they asked : )

3 hours ago, Calvinw said:

If the set looked like this and included the Lilly Belle, I'd pretty much pay whatever they asked : )

I agree! I hope that we get the Lilly Belle car!