Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

I guess that fellow who posted on all the chats and got threatened to be banned two years ago completely can now sleep in peace at night knowing Series 2 is officially announced and will be released in 7 weeks.  

Just now, Mr Spielbrick said:

Looks to me like the brothers do have tails. Uncle Scrooge seems to be the only duck lacking one. 

I see the white line but that is the top of the legs.  There should be another line if it was there.  If you look back at series 1 (Donald for example) you'll see he has two white lines, one for the legs, one for the tail.  His tail wasn't really noticed until were physically out because it was so hard to see in the released renders.

24 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

This comment is unpopular but man, I love Jack and Sally! Blink 182 I miss you! :pir-skel:

My son is 5 and he is going to absolutely melt when he sees them. He loves TNBC, long legs won’t bother him and he’s your target market.

Frozone legs going on Captain Cold.

I think this series looks great! I might even like it better than Series 1 actually. Favourites are Jack & Sally.

I like that all the triplets are there, wouldn't make any sense to have just one - either all or none (I'm happy with having all). Chip & Dale are great too. Mickey & Minnie are probably my least faves.

Hyped as hell!!!!! Jafar looks unreal!!!! But I will go ahead and say the ducks and minnie/mickey were a waste of spots! Lol

2 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

I think this series looks great! I might even like it better than Series 1 actually. Favourites are Jack & Sally.

I like that all the triplets are there, wouldn't make any sense to have just one - either all or none (I'm happy with having all). Chip & Dale are great too. Mickey & Minnie are probably my least faves.

100% agree.  I'm glad they didnt' do just one triplet, all or none.  I got a feeling Jack will be one of popular figures of the series and the triplets will be left in the bins after everyone has ruffled through them.

I really love these! I agree that I really wish they had included Lilo and Goofy but other than that I have no big complaints.

My favs are:

• Hercules (more like HUNK-ules)
  • Anna and Elsa (although they look like they have the old dress pieces?)
  • Edna (that new hair tho)
  • Frozone (with his disc!)
  • Hades (I like that they used a new piece for his legs rather than the standard dress piece)

13 minutes ago, dvt said:

I guess that fellow who posted on all the chats and got threatened to be banned two years ago completely can now sleep in peace at night knowing Series 2 is officially announced and will be released in 7 weeks.  

I see the white line but that is the top of the legs.  There should be another line if it was there.  If you look back at series 1 (Donald for example) you'll see he has two white lines, one for the legs, one for the tail.  His tail wasn't really noticed until were physically out because it was so hard to see in the released renders.

Looking closer at the high res photos, Scrooge does have a tail!

19 hours ago, dvt said:

The normal rate at which from approval to in store is generally 9ish months, some cases longer (I think it was Volton, could be wrong but one of them was over a year).  A normal development pipeline for product is 12-18 months.  The ideas rate goes faster because already having a target in mind done in LEGO that is submitted, so its 6-9 months, and yet we got leaks for this before review stage officially signed off on it? Even with an existing Disney partner ship in place to talk Disney into agreeing to do a Steamboat Willie set will take time.  Yeah... it was already coming regardless of the ideas.  More than likely to avoid the huge backlash from the community from Ghostbusters a few years ago, I'm guessing (guess, not certain but makes sense) they decided it wasn't worth the bad PR.  Just swallow the 1% profit the creator will make and hand it over; it's not worth the ~25k-35k.   So many people were outraged at what make them look like they used ideas to essentially steal.  Same thing would of happened this time with Steamboat Willie.

I completely agree.  They already had one in the works.  When you compare the Ideas design to the released version, they are completely different in design even thought the subject matter is the same.  Consider the time it would take to develop the new mold, test it, and have everything ready, I have a hard time believing they went into overdrive immediately after approving the Ideas submission.   

As for the new minifig series, I am very happy about the inclusion of Steamboat Willie and Minnie.  This provides everyone who cannot afford the big set a reasonable chance to get them.  Building my own steamboat would not be too hard if I chose to do so.  The wheel and life preserver parts will make them easy to identify in the packs respectively.  This is great news indeed!  I also join those who are puzzled by the omission of Goofy and Pluto, but perhaps they are coming up in a future release.  I might go after Scrooge McDuck and make him the bank manager in my Brick Bank :laugh:

7 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

• Anna and Elsa (although they look like they have the old dress pieces?)

They look like the new skirt pieces to me.

Overall, an excellent series for me. I think better than Series 1.

1 minute ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

As for the new minifig series, I am very happy about the inclusion of Steamboat Willie and Minnie.  This provides everyone who cannot afford the big set a reasonable chance to get them.  Building my own steamboat would not be too hard if I chose to do so.

Me too. And the hardcore Disney fans can still overpay for the Ideas model.

I'm fearful about the quality of these minifigs, Hades' printing looks very sharp and crisp on the official image release, but I just remembered seeing that head leak and the printing looked very thick and smudgy!

I'm hoping we get some more classic minifigures in the D2C if there is actually going to be one. But no more mice or ducks please! Goofy and Pluto yes.

I know I'm saying this right in the midst of this Series' unveil, but I do hope we'll not have to wait as long for a potential third CMS after this one. Ideally, Lego could set a date of August/September 2020 for Disney Series 3 after the potential releases of Wizarding World Series 2 in January/February 2020 and Series 20 for April/May 2020 (if we were to presume that could be a possible gameplan). 

25 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

My son is 5 and he is going to absolutely melt when he sees them. He loves TNBC, long legs won’t bother him and he’s your target market.

Frozone legs going on Captain Cold.

Your kid is awesome, nice choice of movie. Too bad it didn't came with zero the mold (ghost dog) on the new ghost theme could have been perfect!

33 minutes ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

Looks to me like the brothers do have tails. Uncle Scrooge seems to be the only duck lacking one. 

Pretty sure he has one moulded blue on his waist.

and can we just appreciate SOMEONE had to realize the disturbing Edna and I for one will be grateful they resolved that horrible face they released in polybag form last summer.  Granted... it does lower the value on the extras I have... but hey, I'll take it because the expression and glasses on the hair mold is fantastic.

Pretty sure Mickey and Minnie have shoe colour on the inside of their legs. It's hard to make out, but it also appears to be on the store image. 

JvRRSrB.jpg

Edited by Brick Cucumber

8 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Pretty sure Mickey and Minnie have shoe colour on the inside of their legs. It's hard to make out, but it also appears to be on the store image. 

Not to be negative but I'd suspect that that's just in the render. (by the way it would still be dual molded as triple moulded would be three different colours of plastic)

Edited by Agent Kallus

Sally also seems to have shoe printing on the inside of her legs. So maybe Lego is finally upping their game? 

Hah! Who am I kidding? :grin:

Hmm meh...

Jack looks great. Probably one of the best minifigures of the year, same with Sally. but thats about it.

Hercules, Anna and Elsa look decent

The rest not so much

I think Series 1 was way better

There's something I really dislike about this series and the first one: Basically all the minifigures seem to be based on the movie and cartoon characters. They're probably the ones Americans are most familiar with... But regions like Europe, where it's primarily the Disney comics that are popular, get sidelined again. There's not even "classic" Donald and Scrooge minifigures wearing black and red yet, no "Italian" Mickey wearing a shirt, no PKNA Duck Avenger, and no Klondike Scrooge from "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck".
The DuckTales minifigures are... okay. Their heads seem very deformed, especially Scrooge's.

Edited by Graupensuppe

Good to note that this render also has shoe printing on the inside. Also, does anyone feel like Edna's eyes look super weird from this angle? It worked on TLBM robin but it feels out of place here.

21 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

JvRRSrB.jpg

If they were triple molded, then the top of the foot would also be white. I doubt they could accurately get an infinitely thin layer of black on the top of the foot as shown in that picture.

2 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

With the size of Mickey and Frozone's accessories, I'd say it's safe to assume they'll be using the bigger CMF bags again...

Apparently all future series are using bigger bags as lego is doing this in-house now.