Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

Is there any speculation that Frozone might be in this Series?

Im wondering who they might pair him with, voyd? Evelyn? New Elastagirl, classic Elastagirl, or classic Mr. Incredible

Well a Mr Incredible that looks like the one from the game would be nice, but that's unlikely. Sadly there are no rumors of him yet so we'll wait and see what's going to happen I guess.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well a Mr Incredible that looks like the one from the game would be nice, but that's unlikely. Sadly there are no rumors of him yet so we'll wait and see what's going to happen I guess.

At least with the new, larger CMF bags it would at least be possible to include larger molds like that, though that fact alone doesn't make it any more likely, but it's nice that it could be an option.

Scrooge would be a really fun figure to have. If LEGO doesn’t produce a Goofy for the next series I’ll be sorely dissapointed. I’d also like to see Mike and Sully from Monster’s Inc.

As long as we're talking about characters we want to see, here's who I'm hoping for:

• Goofy
  • Scrooge
  • Pooh
  • Tigger
  • Mike
  • Sulley
  • Kermit

Depending on the quality of the upcoming Juniors minifig and molds used, I wouldn't mind an updated Woody either.

Has anyone think about the new ghost-dog mould from the new Lego theme HIDDEN HOUSE? It looks SO much like Zero from Nightmare before Christmas. So, maybe we can expect a Jack in this second series?

Yeah... Im not really sure thats a ghost dog to begin with. It could be a prototype or something because it looks really odd. 

Also, the first Disney series didnt have any sidekick character as accesory, even when they already had the mold like Flounder, probably because that would be an extra character and it would increase the licensing fee. I guess it will be the same here

The first of the Toy Story 4 juniors sets has leaked, and the characters have traditional minifigure heads instead of molded ones, so it seems unlikely we’ll get Woody or any of the others in this cmf 

If the next Disney D2C is the Haunted Mansion, I wonder if it will use the same mobile phone technology for the “ghosts”?

That was just a rumor that someone started and since Lego is Launching the Hidden Side theme that rumor seems less likely. 

There is no evidence that the D2C is the Haunted Mansion, it was just speculation. We don't know what it is yet.

What with LEGO’s history with trains and a brand new railway ride opening at Walt Disney World this summer, there is a (slight?) possibility the D2C could be linked to that. Mind you: this is pure speculation on my part. No sources or inside information. 

As for the Toy Story set(s), yeah, scratch Woody and Jessie from my minifigures guess list. I wonder whether there will be as many Pixar characters this time around, now that most of those films get their own themes. Coco would be nice, though. 

On 2/15/2019 at 5:05 PM, Lego-Freak said:

LEGO-Hidden-Side-Image-1.jpg

il_570xN.659596870_3hd7.jpg

Printing can work wonders sometimes, but in this case it won‘t cut it I‘m afraid :grin:

Okay so NYTF pics are up. And it looks like a ghost dog. This might be a thing. I want a Jack Skellington minifigure!!!

7 hours ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

As for the Toy Story set(s), yeah, scratch Woody and Jessie from my minifigures guess list. I wonder whether there will be as many Pixar characters this time around, now that most of those films get their own themes. Coco would be nice, though. 

Coco characters would be nice, but I’m not sure we’ll get them because a) Disney seems to be at least somewhat aware that they should be more sensitive when marketing a movie based off a real culture (or it could just be that they haven’t been hyping the original movies as much as the sequels) and b) because of the lower marketing and more recent release date, the characters from Coco are less recognizable than say, Monsters Inc. or Incredibles characters. 

Pixar does have a limited number of characters that both fit the minifigure mold and are popular enough for people to instantly recognize though.

Mike from Monsters Inc. isn’t really doable in a format that requires a torso, but I can see us getting Sully and Boo in her monster costume. Lots of people also want Frozone, and someone mentioned earlier that the retro suits are a possibility, so I could see Frozone and retro! Mr. Incredible/Elastigirl being one of the pairs. Then there’s Merida from Brave, who has a ready made accessory and Lego frankly needs to make her with regular legs and a fabric skirt to make up for that awful mini doll version who couldn’t even ride a horse (that was a crime Lego, and you know it)

TL;DR not using Toy Story characters shouldn’t affect how many Pixar characters there are, even if the options to pull from are limited. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Mike from Monsters Inc. isn’t really doable in a format that requires a torso, but I can see us getting Sully and Boo in her monster costume.

Mike would be just a tad ugly, but I can imagine a minifigure of him being built like Spongebob and the Ewoks. I think Sulley is moreso the problem, as he’d need to be a big fit to be accurately depicted. He appeared as a big fig in The Incredibles game, which is what the new Woody’s design is also based from.

Monsters Inc. is one of my favorite Disney films, so getting Lego versions of the characters would be a dream come true, but I don’t see that happening for Sulley unless Lego produced a full Monsters Inc. set...which is unlikely. :sadnew: If only TLG realized the profit they’d get from a general, all-encompassing range of Lego Disney sets that aren’t strictly Princess based.

Im surprised the CMF line was absent from NYTF

From the first Disney series I recall we got to see the box there

12 minutes ago, saysonder said:

Mike would be just a tad ugly, but I can imagine a minifigure of him being built like Spongebob and the Ewoks. I think Sulley is moreso the problem, as he’d need to be a big fit to be accurately depicted. He appeared as a big fig in The Incredibles game, which is what the new Woody’s design is also based from.

Given that Mr. Incredible also appeared as a big fig in that game, and they made a standard sized minifig of him in the last cmf, I’m not sure how much size is an issue. I could see him having a molded head that extends down over his chest and back and adds to his height, like the Wookiee and Ewok heads. 

In contrast, spongebob only worked because the character was already rectangular - Mike is round, so it’s impossible to use the same technique without leaving ugly gaps and hampering the movement of the arms and legs. 

Boo in her monster costume is complete doable, and would look fairly decent next to a Chewbacca style Sully (even if the scale is slightly off). 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Given that Mr. Incredible also appeared as a big fig in that game, and they made a standard sized minifig of him in the last cmf, I’m not sure how much size is an issue. I could see him having a molded head that extends down over his chest and back and adds to his height, like the Wookiee and Ewok heads. 

Mr Incredible with a molded head? Not gonna happen, a new body maybe, but the age of humanoid characters with molded heads is over

On 2/15/2019 at 9:05 AM, Lego-Freak said:

Printing can work wonders sometimes, but in this case it won‘t cut it I‘m afraid :grin:

Disagree completely

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/miniatures/figurines/zero-from-nightmare-before-christmas

https://jaysbrickblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/LEGO-Hidden-Side-Ghost-Dog.png

2 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

In contrast, spongebob only worked because the character was already rectangular - Mike is round, so it’s impossible to use the same technique without leaving ugly gaps and hampering the movement of the arms and legs. 

Boo in her monster costume is complete doable, and would look fairly decent next to a Chewbacca style Sully (even if the scale is slightly off). 

Now that I think about it, I guess Sulley wouldn’t look too bad. Genie was considerably larger than Aladdin but we got both as minifigures, together in the same CMF. And then there’s the Toy Story line, where the word scale doesn’t seem to exist :tongue:

35 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Mr Incredible with a molded head? Not gonna happen, a new body maybe, but the age of humanoid characters with molded heads is over

Sorry, I think you missed some of the context. I was talking about Sully from Monsters Inc. with a molded head.

(I know just how unlikly getting a Mr. Incredible like that would be :snicker: although the sheer number of human Disney/Pixar characters who really do need a molded head makes the guessing game harder)

Edited by Accio Lego