Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

10 minutes ago, Modeltrainman said:

OK. Because I have a link to what I saw.

Don't want trouble.

About the haunted house being the d2c or the Minnie figure

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

So a classic Black and White Minnie has just leaked. Not sure what to think of her yet, the head is at least usefull to make an italian comic accurate version. Not sure if she uses the short legs, kinda odd that she doesn't have a bow or even the old hat. Wonder what this will mean for Mickey.

Edit: Apparently it's from a set. Steamboat Willie perhaps? Although the torso would be inaccurate.

I'm wagering she's from the rumored D2C rather than an unannounced LEGO Ideas set or Disney Series 2, as leaks for those are somewhat more commonplace than from either of the latter mentioned. 

Interesting. The black and white Minnie Mouse could reasonably be "at home" in a Haunted Mansion set, in CMF Series 2 (as a companion / additional figure for the Haunted Mansion) or even the Steamboat Willie Ideas set.

I look forward to hearing more about this rumoured Haunted Mansion. I wonder if it will include an actual track system with Doom Buggies or whether it will be similar to the "Haunted House" and have vignettes of the various scenes from the ride (e.g. conservatory, séance room, grand hall / ballroom, attic, etc). I suspect the latter, based on how the Disney Castle included various rooms for different films, but I'm not sure what approach Lego and Disney will take with the Haunted Mansion.

And since they're so different, I wonder if they're going with Disneyland's white, weatherboard mansion or Disney World's red brick mansion? I'm guessing Disney World's red brick mansion to compliment Disney Castle?

Edited by Agent 86

14 hours ago, Agent 86 said:

Interesting. The black and white Minnie Mouse could reasonably be "at home" in a Haunted Mansion set, in CMF Series 2 (as a companion / additional figure for the Haunted Mansion) or even the Steamboat Willie Ideas set.

I look forward to hearing more about this rumoured Haunted Mansion. I wonder if it will include an actual track system with Doom Buggies or whether it will be similar to the "Haunted House" and have vignettes of the various scenes from the ride (e.g. conservatory, séance room, grand hall / ballroom, attic, etc). I suspect the latter, based on how the Disney Castle included various rooms for different films, but I'm not sure what approach Lego and Disney will take with the Haunted Mansion.

And since they're so different, I wonder if they're going with Disneyland's white, weatherboard mansion or Disney World's red brick mansion? I'm guessing Disney World's red brick mansion to compliment Disney Castle?

Black and white Minnie wouldn't really make sense in the Haunted Mansion though. If anyone, I'd expect the Hitchhiking Ghosts, the Hatbox Ghost, Constance, and maybe the Singing Busts.

I’m guessing The Lego Haunted Mansion, will have the Disneyland New Orleans Exterior complete with the pillars, Greenhouse, moving portraits, graveyard, ballroom, attic, fortune teller room. Include Wife, fortune teller, 3 hitchhiking ghosts, headless guy. 

OR they could take the nightmare before Christmas route, and decorate it as such, like they do during the holidays in disneyland.

I do think this Minnie is from the CMF, as she'd be out of place in the Haunted Mansion, and she didn't exist at the time of the Steamboat Willie short. I remember that when CMF Voldemort first leaked, most doubted that it was even real until the official reveal.

1 hour ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

I do think this Minnie is from the CMF, as she'd be out of place in the Haunted Mansion, and she didn't exist at the time of the Steamboat Willie short. I remember that when CMF Voldemort first leaked, most doubted that it was even real until the official reveal.

I really doubt they would release an Ideas set with only one character/minifigure

They could even include Goofy if the head mold is being produced for Series 2

Edited by Robert8

6 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

Wait is the haunted mansion the Disney DTC set??????

Nah it's just a rumor atm. I'm not even sure where it came from. I would take it with a huge grain of salt.

6 hours ago, Modeltrainman said:

Also, Minnie in Steamboat Willie: *snap*

That image kinda makes me doubt she'll be with steamboat Willie. The torso looks nothing like it. But if it is, Pete would have a high chance of appearing.

Along with the Iron Man MK I armor that leaked this morning was a small black and white bird that looks like it could be from the Steamboat Willie set (as that cartoon features a bird who mocks Mickey) I think that would indicate that Minnie is from that set if other pieces have already started to leak. She could still be in the CMF but I think it's more likely she's in that set.

Just now, Marvelous Spidey said:

Along with the Iron Man MK I armor that leaked this morning was a small black and white bird that looks like it could be from the Steamboat Willie set (as that cartoon features a bird who mocks Mickey) I think that would indicate that Minnie is from that set if other pieces have already started to leak. She could still be in the CMF but I think it's more likely she's in that set.

Ah yea, that would make sense. I was already wondering where that bird could be from. I rather have Steamboat Willie than any other Disney D2C if they make it minifig-ish scale or at least a nice display piece.

The bird is a recolor of a mold from the Friends/Elves line. 

—

On this Haunted Mansion stuff, as far as I can tell it was just a wish list from the previous page here, not actually a credible rumor. 

With that black and white bird included I'm getting high hopes for steamboat Willie. But I can't help but wonder whether they've accidently put Mickey's body on Minnie or if they really went with the later design for her. Anyway it's probably for the 90th anniversary that started in November. Still I wonder if it's really going to be the ideas set, Disney wouldn't like to share the money.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Still I wonder if it's really going to be the ideas set, Disney wouldn't like to share the money.

Dropping this just here: 

21303-1.jpg?201510140806

21314-1.jpg?201803220157

:tongue:

I think it‘s the Ideas set, that‘s the only option that makes sense to me :purrr:

On 1/25/2019 at 2:28 AM, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Minnie is from the CMF, as she'd be out of place in the Haunted Mansion,

She's included on the title screen for 'The Haunted House' short. I wouldn't say it would be too far fetched.

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Dropping this just here: 

I think it‘s the Ideas set, that‘s the only option that makes sense to me :purrr:

Oops, I totally forgot about those:laugh_hard: But still I'm not too sure because Disney is releasing a lot of merchandise for steamboat Willie recently, it could have been planned way before the ideas project reached 10000 supporters. Or does it happen more often that stuff gets leaked for a not yet officially approved set?

22 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Dropping this just here: 

With wall-e Disney wasn’t sharing the wealth. The guy who submitted it was,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_MacLane

He’s been with Pixar for a long time and is pretty high up.