Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

7 hours ago, cococinefilo said:

tbh I just want a Woody to go along with Series 1 Buzz. Even if the molded heads are more accurate, I wanna have them both with stud heads. :sweet:

I'm hoping the Juniors sets will have normal heads instead of bringing back the molded ones.

4 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

I wouldn't just be happy. I'd be ecstatic! 

I have a feeling it will probably happen, if not in this wave then in the future. After all, Lego made a set with Brick, and Frozone is a way more important character.

We only say Frozone is a miss because we know the existence of Incredible sets, right? So it'd be more direct to ask for more Incredible sets.

As said it we count all possibility of re-inclusion of franchises and characters, don't forget Elastigirl and the others as well.

I don't know if it is the right place to post that and I know this could never come in the series 2, but yesterday I bought an old Disney tv show (Dinosaurs) and told myself that I would love it in LEGO.

On 12/1/2018 at 5:24 AM, notpennysboat said:

I don't know if it is the right place to post that and I know this could never come in the series 2, but yesterday I bought an old Disney tv show (Dinosaurs) and told myself that I would love it in LEGO.

I really missed it in my very early childhood, but unfortunately it might not be that much memorized as a Disney TV series icon nowadays.

As for UP, a house set may perfectly conclude the whole franchise, but it's up to TLC to accept or not (case of Ghostbusters/Flinstones). If they confirm to exclude this idea to from future plans, just including characters in CMF series is also likely.

Edited by Dorayaki

On 11/25/2018 at 2:27 PM, dgherko said:

It would be nice to have actual minifigs to put into the rooms of the Disney Castle.     

I know my mum would really appreciate Belle and the Beast minifigures. She has the brickheadz of them as well.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I heard that there’s a new Disney D2C coming. Is there a place to discuss this? 

Not yet but some people have quickly talked about the series 2 that should be accompanied by a D2C like in 2016 : series 1 Disney + Disney Castle ; or in 2014 and 2015 with the 2 series The Simpson + The Simpson house and Apu Store. I guess the topic will be created when we will have the set number or the name.

It was only matter of time for this to be confirmed

My bet is still Disneyland castle. Maybe the exclusive character could be Princess Aurora? 

My hope is that they're giving us attractions from the park as D2Cs, and that the CMF series are actually meant to be cast members, which would explain why they don't have Simpsons-like molded heads. And if that's the case, I'd like a Haunted Mansion very much please! :pir-skel:

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

My bet is still Disneyland castle. Maybe the exclusive character could be Princess Aurora? 

I hope that it is Sleeping Beauty's Castle from Disneyland! It makes sense to me as a companion set for Cinderella's Castle from Walt Disney World.

That would be my first guess

But there are others contenders. Frozen sells pretty good and the sequel is coming next year. Maybe an Arendelle castle to capitalize on that?

Also, Atlantica since The Little Mermaid seems to be pretty popular in LEGO

And there is also a chance this will be a microscale D2C like Hogwarts

Like the whole Disneyland or Disneyworld on microscale version

Edited by Robert8

If they were to go the castle route again I'd sooner expect Beast's castle, both because of the recent remake and it's success and also because of the Tokyo Disneyland version of the castle that's being built.

On the flip side, I'm not certain they'd make another D2C castle with the current one still on shelves. Perhaps another type of attraction from the parks (a dark ride would be cool). But honestly, at this point, I'm really not sure what to expect.

19 minutes ago, strangely said:

On the flip side, I'm not certain they'd make another D2C castle with the current one still on shelves.

This is why I am 99% sure another Disney D2C will not be a castle. Asking Disney fans to shell out $350 for one castle is already a big ask. Having another on the shelves at the same time — which honestly isn’t THAT different — seems like a good way to convince fans who are on the fence that they don’t need either. 

10 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I heard that there’s a new Disney D2C coming.

According to whom? :shrug_confused:

10 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Is there a place to discuss this

There's this topic of @Falconfan1414's: