Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

6 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I wonder if we'll see any figures from Toy Story 4 to tie in with the movie. I know we are getting some Juniors sets but this would help the series sell better.

I don't think they'll do that, and I sincerely hope they don't. There are a lot of amazing figures we could get in this series instead.

On 11/1/2018 at 6:54 AM, Dr.Cogg said:

I'm thinking (and hoping) they will have the Beast, because he doesn't need any new molds, they already have a mold for his head and they have the fawn legs an Chima  tail, his accessories could be regular legs and a hair piece ( to change into the prince).

This would still not work if you're suggesting a character that doesn't fit in the image of a regular minifigure from the beginnig, pretty much how some of use don't like his minodll form. We could expect his redesign as a large figure in a furture LEGO Junior set instead.

Well Ralph and Hunchback are unlikely for same reason. Unfortunately we still don't see news for WiR in Junior sets even if it releases a sequel.

On 11/5/2018 at 5:30 AM, BrickHat said:

I wonder if we'll see any figures from Toy Story 4 to tie in with the movie. I know we are getting some Juniors sets but this would help the series sell better.

With more Toy Story sets given, having reptitive characters even just variations is not a wise idea IMO. It's not like Wizard World occupied both complete set lineup and a CMF series.

Well, I would hold the same opinion as the one from previous thread, I'm against the idea of the inclusion of princess characters that have been given the chance to be included in regular LEGO Junior sets. Even with the difference of minidolls and minifigures, that is a different issue of TLC and CMF series doesn't make a perfect solution for that.

More importantly, I think those minor classic franchises would matter more since they are unlikely gonna be in any future LEGO Junior set which mainly focus on currently active franchises or recent films aside from the princesses.

But I admit there is a problem, excluding princess-related franchise would end up difficulty of finding female leading protagonist for the choices in this CMF lineup which is suppsoed to be friendly to girls.

I still wonder if they could include representives from Disney Channel features or real actor characters (given by LEGO PotC and TRON). But the previous series did show that classic theatrical animation characters have the best chance.

Edited by Dorayaki

Thanks everyone for posting about the rumours. They’re great news, I think. 

Personally, I’m greatly in favour of princesses appearing in this series. While I have nothing against the minidolls in their own right, my collection is geared towards minifigures. It’s very promising - to me, anyway - that last time we got Ariel AND Ursula, even before she appeared as a minidoll. 

Here’s hoping that part of the series will add to the previous set (Goofy, Jasmine, Jafar, Mad Hatter...?) and that brand new franchises are introduced as well (Robin Hood, pretty please?). 

18 minutes ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

Personally, I’m greatly in favour of princesses appearing in this series. While I have nothing against the minidolls in their own right, my collection is geared towards minifigures. It’s very promising - to me, anyway - that last time we got Ariel AND Ursula, even before she appeared as a minidoll. 

Well, it's not against or not. Minidolls were created for specific tastes and marketing so people are allow to prefer minidoll or minifigre, or both.

I think what matters in this case is whether TLC could leave room to introduce princess minifigures in regular sets, given that princess franchises have become firm part of the Junior lineup.

Edited by Dorayaki

I think we all agree Goofy is a given.

Given how central Mickey is to all things Disney, I have to imagine there’d be another version of him, and his famed Sorceror’s Apprentice role is surely the most classic, iconic variant imaginable. An alternate possibility would be Steamboat Willie. That version might also come in an Ideas set, depending upon how the current review goes, but could it be in Minifigures, too? Being part of the series would make it much likelier it could get a proper new hat mold to finish the look. Maybe a color Steamboat Willie Mickey for Minifigures, and a black-and-white one for Ideas?

Would there be a Donald variant to complete that core trio? Donald has appeared in tons of outfits, but unlike Mickey, only one of them is truly iconic. But maybe they’d go for a deep cut, just to spice things up...

It’s pretty remarkable that with a then-record 18 characters the first time around they included only one Disney Princess. I could see them addressing that by devoting half the line to princesses this time, perhaps even including Ariel again in the manner proposed by @Robert8. Others could include lowercase-p Disney princesses who aren’t official capital-P Disney Princesses (specifically, now-queen Elsa, Anna, and Vanellope von Schweetz).

I expect the line to continue to focus exclusively on characters from animation, but I’d love to see a few live-action characters included, particularly Mary Poppins, Kevin Flynn, TRON, SARK, and Condorman. Yes, I know that last one will never happen, of course, but I’d love it if it did.

6 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

I(specifically, now-queen Elsa, Anna, and Vanellope von Schweetz).

Frozen is pretty much known as a regular set choice. But unofficial princess is a good idea as long as they won't be choices for Junior sets.

For Wreck-it-Ralph, as mentioned above, unfortunately it loses the chance of becoming a Junior set with its theatrical sequel. The other biggest concern is that Ralph is a choicee for regular set exclusive, so it'd be weird to have Vanellope be in CMF series alone.

Giselle is known for portrait license issue so she is sadly a no. The remaining notable case would be Sofia and Elena known for their TV shows.

Kida would be neat IMO.

Edited by Dorayaki

16 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

I expect the line to continue to focus exclusively on characters from animation, but I’d love to see a few live-action characters included, particularly Mary Poppins, Kevin Flynn, TRON, SARK, and Condorman. Yes, I know that last one will never happen, of course, but I’d love it if it did.

Personally, as far as live-action characters go, l'd just love to see The Rocketeer! :grin_wub:

10 minutes ago, Dorayaki said:

Kida would be neat IMO.

Kida? As in Princess Kidagakash Nedakh from Atlantis: The Lost Empire?

3 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

It’s pretty remarkable that with a then-record 18 characters the first time around they included only one Disney Princess. I could see them addressing that by devoting half the line to princesses this time, perhaps even including Ariel again in the manner proposed by @Robert8. Others could include lowercase-p Disney princesses who aren’t official capital-P Disney Princesses (specifically, now-queen Elsa, Anna, and Vanellope von Schweetz).

I agree, but I think there are number of confounding factors at play, not least of which is the general reluctance to put a lot of female minifigures in any series! Given we got Ariel and Alice (sometimes marketed as a princess), two epic villains and a classic Minnie and Daisy, I think it was a fairly solid set of six.

would really like to see them up the female ratio in series two for more variety though. 

Merida and Rapunzel would be awesome if they gave them proper hairpieces. I would really love if they made a hairpiece that covers the legs from the back for Rapunzel, not that boring short braid. Can't really be a problem! They can use the soft plastic for it, and give her a cloth skirt because she doesn't need the slope, her dress isn't that long. Who cares about her sitting anyway lol.

1 hour ago, williejm said:

I agree, but I think there are number of confounding factors at play, not least of which is the general reluctance to put a lot of female minifigures in any series! Given we got Ariel and Alice (sometimes marketed as a princess), two epic villains and a classic Minnie and Daisy, I think it was a fairly solid set of six.

would really like to see them up the female ratio in series two for more variety though. 

Honestly, I’d love to see a 50/50 balance (for the blind-bagged Minifigures line in general, not just Disney). I don’t know how likely that is (probably not very), but I wish it were.

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Personally, as far as live-action characters go, l'd just love to see The Rocketeer! :grin_wub:

Oh, goodness, yes. Him too.

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Kida? As in Princess Kidagakash Nedakh from Atlantis: The Lost Empire?

Yep! And other characters from that would be very welcome as well.

4 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Yep! And other characters from that would be very welcome as well.

As a somewhat unrelated sidenote, that's an animated Disney movie that deserves the live-action treatment! :smug:

On 11/8/2018 at 2:53 AM, Otherworld said:

Merida and Rapunzel would be awesome if they gave them proper hairpieces. I would really love if they made a hairpiece that covers the legs from the back for Rapunzel, not that boring short braid. Can't really be a problem! They can use the soft plastic for it

Still like I mentioned above, given that the tie with Disney Princess would still likely continues in later years, it provides good possibility of character design renewals. So the request of redesign or new parts is barely relevant with the CMF series case.

Here's an additional issue, due to the blind bag it could be either easy to find or hard to contain. It could end up becoming regular set exclusive in the end.

Anyway, I would say the minidoll lovers would also agree to give Rapunzel an actual long hairpiece. Not quite sure if TLG would successfully innovate such a thing. I see Playmobil has it but not sure if its material is similiar with LEGO's.

ãplaymobil  6850ãçåçæå°çµæ

Edited by Dorayaki

3 hours ago, Dorayaki said:

Anyway, I would say the minidoll lovers would also agree to give Rapunzel an actual long hairpiece. Not quite sure if TLG would successfully innovate such a thing. I see Playmobil has it but not sure if its material is similiar with LEGO's.

A hairpiece that long would be asking for too much I guess, it would have to be some sort of bendable material or perhaps it could be a much more developed hairpiece, where the actual piece you put on the head has a pin hole where you connect a "technique" or articulated braid which can bend and move easily. But I say a hairpiece as long as the height of the minifigure is enough.

Minnie could appear as a princess from 'The 3 musketeers' but not Mickey because 2 big choices are already expected about him. 

With all the Disney movies coming (Aladdin, Christophe, Toy Story 4, Mary Poppins) this series was now even predictable, Dumbo is also expected in 2019, but how could they have included it in this new series ? 

Whether they include Baloo from 'The Book of the Jungle', he should have a hole on the head (like Donald/Daisy) so it could be reused for a next Baloo minifig from Talespin.

The Beast absolutely needs a new mold, but the Jasmine's hair from Disney Princess line is okay. Will we see Abu with her ? Is Rajah with the tiger mold possible ? It only needs a new head, the body is removable, but probably too heavy for a package. Abu or Rajah ? Iago is also expected with Jafar. Whether Ariel is coming in pink dress, is a new Scuttle mold possible ? So many questions, I like that ? 

Edited by notpennysboat

9 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

The Beast absolutely needs a new mold, but the Jasmine's hair from Disney Princess line is okay. Will we see Abu with her ? Is Rajah with the tiger mold possible ? It only needs a new head, the body is removable, but probably too heavy for a package. Abu or Rajah ? Iago is also expected with Jafar. Whether Ariel is coming in pink dress, is a new Scuttle mold possible ? So many questions, I like that ? 

Uh.... wait, I remember we had the large cat mold from City line? It is obviously the feasible choice for Rajah's update in regular sets, not sure why you associate with collecitble minifigures.

Still this depends on whether LEGO Juniors would like to re-launch such similiar pet/animal focused set lineup again like they did with Palace Pets last time. If so it'd be really nice to see sets based on Dumbo, Bambi and Aristocats, given that we have cat and deer molds for this case.

On 11/11/2018 at 1:25 AM, Otherworld said:

A hairpiece that long would be asking for too much I guess, it would have to be some sort of bendable material or perhaps it could be a much more developed hairpiece, where the actual piece you put on the head has a pin hole where you connect a "technique" or articulated braid which can bend and move easily. But I say a hairpiece as long as the height of the minifigure is enough.

Well, depends on the pratical uses I think. IMO just abit longer hairpiece would not make big difference. In the case of Playmobil, they also highlight the extensibility and playability for the hairpiece.

Edited by Dorayaki

One never knows for sure, but Goofy must be a given. Apart from that I'm clueless, except I feel LEGO will follow up on Stitch and give us a Lilo, as well as a Sleeping Beauty to go with Maleficent. I'm guessing Elsa and Anna would be contenders due to Frozen's popularity. But won't minifigures of the princesses cannibalise on the sale of their Disney Minidoll Princesses sets? Are they willing to do both?

1 hour ago, snoozle said:

One never knows for sure, but Goofy must be a given. Apart from that I'm clueless, except I feel LEGO will follow up on Stitch and give us a Lilo, as well as a Sleeping Beauty to go with Maleficent. I'm guessing Elsa and Anna would be contenders due to Frozen's popularity. But won't minifigures of the princesses cannibalise on the sale of their Disney Minidoll Princesses sets? Are they willing to do both?

Given by what we got from series 1: Lightyear and Ariel, yes, it is possible for TLC to include some popular characters no matter if s/he already have been minidolls or minifigures in previous regular sets. It's all about whether people are willing to see new characters of unused franchises or pay for the ones that could be obtained from other sets.

I just notice that we also have to take LR/PotC/Tron into consideration if we're totally open to the case of re-inclusion.

38 minutes ago, Dorayaki said:

Given by what we got from series 1: Lightyear and Ariel, yes, it is possible for TLC to include some popular characters no matter if s/he already have been minidolls or minifigures in previous regular sets. It's all about whether people are willing to see new characters of unused franchises or pay for the ones that could be obtained from other sets.

I just notice that we also have to take LR/PotC/Tron into consideration if we're totally open to the case of re-inclusion.

And Prince of Persia ;-)

1 hour ago, Dorayaki said:

Oh....if they did classic TRON characters!!! :grin:

Series 1 didn’t include any live-action characters, only animated ones. That has me thinking we probably shouldn’t be counting on any live-action characters now. However, it’s anyone’s guess whether series 2 will follow in the same format or have a different line-up. 

On 11/16/2018 at 5:38 AM, Mr Spielbrick said:

Series 1 didn’t include any live-action characters, only animated ones. That has me thinking we probably shouldn’t be counting on any live-action characters now. However, it’s anyone’s guess whether series 2 will follow in the same format or have a different line-up. 

Depends on TLC's policy for CMF series. If they want to target at young customers like Junior does, animated films would hold bigger chances.

Adding others may appeal wider range of fols. Kids could be interested in characters like Mary Poppins or Jack Sparrow as well.

Main categories are:

1) classic Disney animated films and shows (before 1990), recent adaptions count

2) modern Disney animated films

3) Pixar works

4) Live action films

5) Disney TV channel originals

On 11/16/2018 at 1:06 AM, The Pearson said:

And Prince of Persia ;-)

I think this one is more known for the original game franchise than Disney's version. It could hardly surpass other Disney princes so probably stay as a set theme.

On 11/16/2018 at 2:12 AM, snoozle said:

Oh....if they did classic TRON characters!!! :grin:

Well this is a fair guess. Although I'm okay with having the Legacy version.

Edited by Dorayaki

Another dream is a Nightmare before Christmas set of minifigs. Either as a set or as a a minfig series. Jack Skellington is big business merchandise wise. But not sure if all the other characters would sell as well. Perhaps if it was released just before Halloween? 

3 minutes ago, snoozle said:

Another dream is a Nightmare before Christmas set of minifigs. Either as a set or as a a minfig series. Jack Skellington is big business merchandise wise. But not sure if all the other characters would sell as well. Perhaps if it was released just before Halloween? 

I'm not sure Lego would make an entire Nightmare CMF, although I wouldn't be surprised if Jack and Sally show up in series 2.

On 10/29/2018 at 7:05 PM, MatthewRC said:

We’d better get Goofy or we’ll riot!

Exactly. Everything else is just a bonus.