Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?

I slightly hope there aren't characters from Up, I'd love to see LEGO do the house as a set. As far as characters I DO want, I'd love to see Uncle Scrooge, Mary Poppins, Tigger, Pooh(with Piglet), Eeyore, Bert, Mushu, 

Omg this is great news. I'm pretty sure they will include Goofy this time around. I wonder if they'll bring back the long legs this time around since they also make a toy story 4 line. Goofy could definitely use it. However since Woody used regular legs in the Incredibles game I'm not too certain we'll ever see that piece again. On a side note, last time we heavily speculated about the inclusion of animal characters, especially Pluto, he didn't get included but since that series Lego stepped up their game with the inclusion of the Dolphin in TLBM and Nagini in WW. Plus Lego started to make more Scooby Doo like dogs now, even changing the body mold so the collar will be molded to the head.

Some safe bets for this series:

While we are not 100% sure, I dont think they can include one character as an accesory for another character because that would be "cheating". I mean, the series would have more than 18 Disney characters. 

Also, just like Simpsons 2 and TLBM 2, the main characters have to be back on this one again. So, I guess another Mickey and Minnie will be included. 

Goofy is pretry much a given at this point. Would be weird if he doesn't appear.

A reuse of Donald's head should be expected. They did it in the Simpsons series with Milhouse.

Beauty and the Beast are also very very likely to happen here because they have an spot in the Disneyworld castles set. Same with the Evil Queen, Merida and, of course, Cinderella.

Considering Ariel seems to be super popular in LEGO, I wouldn't be surprised if we get another version of her in this series. Like the her teal dress or the pink gown.

Following the pattern of The Simpsons series, this series should get a D2C. My guess would be the Disneyland castle, a.k.a. Sleeping Beauty castle, which would also make her a safe bet for the series. Especially because we already got Maleficent. We need Phillip and Aurora. This Disnerworld castle would also have another Mickey and Minnie I think. Also, an exclusive character like Tinkerbell. My guess would be Pluto. 

Edited by Robert8

Yeah, as if HP wasn't exciting enough :classic: I was low-key hoping they'll create another series since I kinda ignored the first one like a complete moron :wall: I can't afford such foolishness this time around.

9 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

Well, there goes a potential live-action remake of Disney's Tarzan.

I certainly hope that's not indeed the case, as that's one live-action remake I would love to see happen.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

Is this all wishlisting so far?

Probable speculation at least. :wink:

Well this sounds great! I didn't get into the first series that much, so I'm pretty excited for this one! 

3 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

I was low-key hoping they'll create another series since I kinda ignored the first one like a complete moron :wall: I can't afford such foolishness this time around.

SAME.

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Following the pattern of The Simpsons series, this series should get a D2C. My guess would be the Disneyland castle, a.k.a. Sleeping Beauty castle, which would also make her a safe bet for the series. Especially because we already got Maleficent. We need Phillip and Aurora. This Disnerworld castle would also have another Mickey and Minnie I think. Also, an exclusive character like Tinkerbell. My guess would be Pluto. 

Fingers crossed! Sleeping Beauty’s Castle would be awesome.

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Also, just like Simpsons 2 and TLBM 2, the main characters have to be back on this one again. So, I guess another Mickey and Minnie will be included. 

Goofy is pretry much a given at this point. Would be weird if he doesn't appear.

A reuse of Donald's head should be expected. They did it in the Simpsons series with Milhouse.

Not sure about Minnie, but I agree that Mickey will most likely return. Good point about Donald though, if they're going to include Goofy and Mickey people who missed the last series might be sad to not get Donald to unite the 3 friends. Same could be said about Minnie, but I rather see her in a D2C (which isn't even rumored at the moment, just speculation, before I get people confused). However I'm not sure which variant they could do for Donald, he didn't even had one in the Disney Castle D2C. I can only imagine his classic black and white suite  (which would be kinda boring looking next to all the colourful characters) or, just like Millhouse, his superhero variant, the Duck Avenger, but I'm not sure if people even know him outside of Europe. Another possibility is to make the 3 friends into a joined theme, like the 3 musketeers, leaving regular Goofy for a potential D2C.

Speaking about a potential D2C, I see most people saying it's going to be another Castle, but I'm not sure if any of the other castles will be as iconic as the one we got that can be seen with literally any movie. I didn't even know it was the Cinderella Castle until lego made it into a set, always just called it the Disney castle. But at the same time I don't know what else they could pick, my wishful thinking says the very iconic Scrooge McDuck money bin, but ofcourse I know that will never happen since it doesn't cover Disney at its whole like the theme park castles do. Main Street maybe? That's very iconic looking and fits beautifully before the castle we got last time. Besides I believe just like every Disney park has a castle, every park has a Main Street. Perhaps even with a small parade. After Ninjago city I can totally see it happening.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

However I'm not sure which variant they could do for Donald

Well, there's always the Quack Pack version :laugh_hard: which, may I add, is still more likely than... ahem :innocent2:

Jokes aside, they'll almost definitely go with the black outfit, still very iconic and recognizable among children - thanks to the DuckTales

1 hour ago, BenderBrau said:

Well, there's always the Quack Pack version :laugh_hard: which, may I add, is still more likely than... ahem :innocent2:

Jokes aside, they'll almost definitely go with the black outfit, still very iconic and recognizable among children - thanks to the DuckTales

There’s also the Three Caballeros variant

Just now, williejm said:

There’s also the Three Caballeros variant

I haven't watched it, but quick google search shows just his normal suit with sombrero instead of a sailor's hat. Do you have something different in mind, which I don't see?

8 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

Totally forgot about Quack Pack, but that's probably what Disney wants:laugh_hard: But indeed the black outfit is the most logical choice.

This is very exciting! I've been waiting for this for a long time. If we do get a D2C to go with this, my guess would be Main Street or the Disney Railroad, if they want to keep going with the Disney World theme. Either would go well with the castle. Can't wait to see what we get!

I'm thinking (and hoping) they will have the Beast, because he doesn't need any new molds, they already have a mold for his head and they have the fawn legs an Chima  tail, his accessories could be regular legs and a hair piece ( to change into the prince).

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I'm thinking (and hoping) they will have the Beast, because he doesn't need any new molds

Are you talking about the minidoll beast head? Because that has a different connection point to the standard minifig head.

I'm thinking (and hoping) they will have the Beast, because he doesn't need any new molds, they already have a mold for his head.

@GrandDukeofKumquats is right. The Beast would definitely require a new mold headpiece if he is included in Disney Series 2.

13 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Are you talking about the minidoll beast head? Because that has a different connection point to the standard minifig head.

It’s not a minidoll head. It’s a headpiece that fits over a regular minidoll and/or minifigure head.

I knew the beast head was like a helmet piece which is why I said those particular accessories, It could probably use a new print though.

1 hour ago, saysonder said:

It’s not a minidoll head. It’s a headpiece that fits over a regular minidoll and/or minifigure head.

I knew the beast head was like a helmet piece which is why I said those particular accessories, It could probably use a new print though.

Oh... I see. But will it actually fit over a minifig head? I don't own any minidoll sets, so I have no idea about how scale works.

4 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Oh... I see. But will it actually fit over a minifig head? I don't own any minidoll sets, so I have no idea about how scale works.

Yes it does fit perfectly on a minifig head, doesn't even look that bad. But a little bit too clean looking, as in it looks very simple and rather cute than the menacing beast we saw in the movies (well its hard to express with words xD) he definitely deserves a better mold as a minifigure, but the "helmet" style still works really well, just like the werewolf head, I hope they won't drop that idea if they ever made him into a figure.

Check this out, to see what a Beast minifig could look like.

I just think the mold needs new printing.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

On 10/30/2018 at 3:07 PM, Robert8 said:

While we are not 100% sure, I dont think they can include one character as an accesory for another character because that would be "cheating". I mean, the series would have more than 18 Disney characters. [/quote]

It depends on the specific parameters of the license, but my assumption is that they're cleared for a certain number of recognizable characters, which, yes, would mean no cheating via the accessories. On the other hand, they could probably get away with "generic" sidekicks, such as a songbird for Snow White.

There are so many animated Disney characters that I can barely begin to speculate upon who will be included this time around, or even who I would hope would be included. But maybe we can expect a similar breakdown to the first series, which included:

4 characters from classic Disney shorts (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy)

5 characters from Walt-era animated movies (Alice, Cheshire Cat, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Maleficent)

5 characters from Renaissance or later animated movies (Ariel, Ursula, Aladdin, Genie, Stitch)

4 Pixar characters (Buzz, Green Alien, Mr. Incredible, Syndrome)

I think these four categories sum up most people's understanding of "Disney animated characters." I've always been iffy about throwing Pixar in with the "pure" Disney stuff--it's a separate studio and it has its own rules for storytelling and characterization--but I acknowledge I am very much in the minority on this.

I would love to have a Sorcerer's Apprentice simply because I love that iteration of Mickey. (And then I could have him square off with Maleficent like he does in the Fantasmic! show at Disneyland!)

Goofy is pretry much a given at this point. Would be weird if he doesn't appear.[/quote]

I do hope you're right about that. It would also be awesome to get Pluto--not as a quadrupedal pet, but on two legs a la the costumed character from the parks.

Following the pattern of The Simpsons series, this series should get a D2C. My guess would be the Disneyland castle, a.k.a. Sleeping Beauty castle,[/quote]

Yes please. I have already vowed to myself that if a Sleeping Beauty Castle set is made, and I cannot otherwise afford it, I will sell off my Cinderella Castle set. Because, well, Disneyland is my "home park" and I feel like it gets ignored in most of the "official" merch, which centers on the biggest resort.