I had several attempts to develop a 1:10 scaled supercar moc, all failed and abandoned. It was just to large and complex for me. So I decided to make a smaller one. A mini supercar, but still including all the main functionalities of the 1:10 scaled cars. Like suspension, transmission, etc. But space limitation will automatically limit the complexity, so only basic 4-speed gearbox and simpler suspensions can be included. Well, it turned out, that only a small reduction is possible to 1:12 scale, but that is still more than nothing. Then filling it with as much features as possible.

And this is the result:

43796476570_5ded855445_b.jpg

Features:

• V10 Mini engine
  • 4-speed gearbox: derived from the standard version, modified to fit into a 4 stud height space. Gear ratios are 0.6, 1, 1.8 and 3.
  • Rear wheel drive with differential
  • Front suspension + Live rear axle
  • HOG steering + working steering wheel
  • Adjustable height spoiler (geared, controls are on the back side of the car)
  • Opening doors (geared, controls are on the back side of the car)

You can find some more images in my Flickr album

44700328635_385790d676_b.jpg

43796475760_863de9b396_b.jpg

44889522074_d24205bf69_b.jpg

44700674145_42b9a612a2_b.jpg

44889521924_098f7b2dbe_b.jpg

31741815868_dcf4ab79e5_b.jpg

44889521994_a2e9a84e48_b.jpg

Inspiration:

Front suspension: Red supercar by Madoca

Door style: Balisong by Crowkillers

I like how you managed to control all fonctions (except the gearbox) from the rear of the car.

Well, it has more functions than any of my 1:10 supercars...

Great job, on the functions, and the looks is awesome too!

The only thing I don't like is the engine cover: the beams spearately pivot on frictionless pins?

Edited by Lipko

Looks like some cool sport car from 80s.

Im impressed how you combined so many functions inside the mid scale vehicle!

Great job; my kind of super car. The gearbox is a new design to me. I have tried the single level gearbox before in my 911, but I like how you added a two stud height plane as this allows for a better connection between the 16 and 20 t gears. I suspect this has a little less backlash than my design. Great design, I may use it in the future.

I like the hidden turn signal in the front. I can't see clearly; what pieces did you use for the air intakes in front of the rear wheels?

Nice, looks great, though IMO the lower part of the doors look really unfinished, it could really do with some more parts (and no yellow axle).

Thank you for all the comments, I'm happy you like it.

20 hours ago, Lipko said:

The only thing I don't like is the engine cover: the beams separately pivot on frictionless pins?

Wow, eagle eyes. That was a last minute change just before taking the photos. I disliked all the previous versions of the engine cover. The car looked either like an estate or a flatbed truck. Finally I added the white beams, but left the engine cover a little bit unfinished.

12 hours ago, pagicence said:

I can't see clearly; what pieces did you use for the air intakes in front of the rear wheels?

87745.png It is part 87745 Technic Pin Connector Round Curved with Fin and Hole. 4 pieces on both sides.

6 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Nice, looks great, though IMO the lower part of the doors look really unfinished, it could really do with some more parts (and no yellow axle).

I'm thinking that the lower part of the door is glass, like in the McLaren Senna. I tried many different versions for the door, including ones completely covering the surface, but I favored this lightweight design. When it was selected, I tried different axle colors. Originally I used red 10L axles, but the yellow fit better to the interior. I also tried black and gray axles, but the car just needed some detail: in my opinion the pure black and white was just too boring. There was some reason for dropping the 12L white axles too. Maybe they where too long, I can't remember.

Youā€™ve done a fantastic job fitting some very nice functions into this good looking car. Very well done!!

Very cool build, I love the details and the hidden in plain sight knobs for opening things. Well doneĀ :thumbup: