Sign in to follow this  
gate

[MOC] All Terrain Multifunctional Bulldozer

Greetings.

This MOC was supposed to be an entry for Lego and Volvo contest, but I smashingly didn't make it in time. So I took my time and here it is:

All Terrain Multifunctional Bulldozer

800x450.jpg

As it is not for contest anymore - no need for yellow parts and autonomous trend. And now it is more of a military support vehicle.

Electrics:

- 2 PF XL that power all the functions

- 2 PF m that control 2 gearboxes

- BuWizz 2.0

Other features:

- front loader with swappable equipment

- towing platform + winch in the back

Dimensions: 60 cm length (without front addons) x 31 cm width x 22 cm height.

Weight: 2,5 kg.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Also features cabin interior, had to move it up both because the pilots needs vision of the front/rear parts and since the gearboxes literally take all the inner space between tracks. Bulldozer is really big so it takes 2 pilots working in the cabin and 2 engineers to keep mechanics working.

How it works:

800x450.jpg

There are 2 separate XLs, one driving each side (160 tank tracks, 320 total) of the bulldozer and all the functions through 2 connected gearboxes.

Each gearbox switch controls 2 driving rings and once (they are switched by 1 m motor each). I hope that scheme makes sense to anyone:classic::

1st gearbox positions: movement (red) / secondary functions 2nd gearbox

2nd gearbox (green) positions: front loader - lifting 2 LAs (yellow) + bucket tilting 1 LA (blue) / rear - towing platform control (purple) + winch (brown)

800x342.jpg

More schemes from different angles in a spoiler (sorry they are not exact size):

Spoiler

640x909.jpg

800x505.jpg

800x443.jpg

800x406.jpg

800x282.jpg

From the start I aimed to make every function through XLs, even though it took 84 gears and  3 u-joints total to do that - I am satisfied with result.

1st gearbox switch is visible (red axles), 2nd gearbox is hidden. It is limited in utmost positions and thanks to white gears and clicking sounds can be easily operated without breaking anything.

800x450.jpg

The machine can be equipped with different things.

Excavator bucket:

800x450.jpg

And my favorite - minesweeper:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Towing platform has return to center steering fulfilled via rubber bands. Platform cannot really lift heavy or even mid-weight things but it has wheels so together with winch even the heaviest machines can be towed.

I have to say that tracks design and the length of bulldozer creates considerable shaking when it moves on flat and rough surfaces especially, but that is a minor inconvenience.

More photos: https://bricksafe.com/pages/gate/gate-lego-technic/all-terrain-multifunctional-bulldozer

Will be happy to hear your critics and thoughts.

Hope you like it! :wink:

Edited by gate