BrickbyBrickTechnic

[MOC] Combine Harvester- 42055 C model [INSTRUCTIONS]

My latest MOC, the combine harvester!

This one took quite some time to build. I had to build and rebuild the gearbox, and the whole thing is crammed with mechanism. In the end, it was all worth it I think. The model has many functions:

• Driving- each track controlled independently so the model can steer or go forward
  • Adjusting arm (manual)
  • Spinning blades
  • raising/lowering blades
  • Raising/lowering PTO shaft
  • attaching/decoupling attachment (manual)
  • Opening top hatch

Also, there is a trailer which the harvester can tow, which is fitted for the attachment. The whole model is filled with details as well!!

Another thing I want to tell you about this time is the video. I tried a different editing scheme, so the video is very different from all my other ones. If you like it/don't like it, please tell me! I would appreciate any feedback.

And now, some pictures!

2018-10-28-19-00-432018-10-28-19-03-152018-10-28-19-05-112018-10-28-19-04-072018-10-28-19-06-57

That's all for now. See you soon and I can't wait to read your comments.

BbBT

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

Way to go man! With limited parts, it awesome. You certainly got the most out of the 42055. I love the functions! Proper combine.

Very new approach on a harvester, never seen one with tracks. I dont like the use of the half pins on the front attachment. The pins will bend very easily.

16 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Very new approach on a harvester, never seen one with tracks. I dont like the use of the half pins on the front attachment. The pins will bend very easily.

This build actually looks like a rice harvester:

948.jpg

Great build BbBT! :thumbup:

Very interesting build. :thumbup: I know that this kind of harvesters are made by known manufacturers as CLAAS or John Deere for India market :wink:

45 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Very interesting build. :thumbup: I know that this kind of harvesters are made by known manufacturers as CLAAS or John Deere for India market :wink:

The Redlands model I included in my earlier post is from India as well! :grin:

2 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

The Redlands model I included in my earlier post is from India as well! :grin:

Then we thought the same way :thumbup:

11 hours ago, pagicence said:

Way to go man! With limited parts, it awesome. You certainly got the most out of the 42055. I love the functions! Proper combine.

Thank you so much! This set was actually fairly unlimited in terms of parts. I didn't experience any large problems with part availability.

9 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Thanks! These types of harvesters do exist (I actually saw a pic of one and that's what inspired me to build this). The pins do their job, so I'm not too concerned about bending I guess.

8 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Great build BbBT! :thumbup:

Thank you!

4 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Thanks! There is actually a company that makes these in India called Balkar. My source material for this was pictures of their harvesters!

5 hours ago, Yevhen said:

The combine harvester could break a wall when necessary!

Thanks!