Sign in to follow this  
Professor Thaum

[W - OKT ] Weelond's Hops garden

In order to fullfill its role of beer capital of the brick Seas, Weelond keeps a close watch to the hops garden, upon which depends the non stop supplying of beer for all the city a month during.

00g2.png

Whatever the moment of the year, a throng of gardeners pace the hops garden up and down, to track the slightest trace of oast house disease, or the lesser start of any problem.

wp74.png

There's always to do : leveling the soil, cutting and changing the ageing hops poles, taking care of young shoots...

keuk.png

A busy large hops plantation offered to Weelond.

In care of @Capt Wolf

C&C welcome

That's a lot of green, the scaffold thingy built with shrouds looks quite good.:thumbup:

Wow, an excellent build! Loving all the details of the different stages of cultivation, as well as the overall "business". A lot of care has been put into every part of this MOC, brilliantly done! :thumbup:

Fantastic build Thaum! It looks really realistic, and I really like your skill in LDD. 

Keep up the great work!

On 10/28/2018 at 10:35 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Wow...  I really love this one...  I may borrow the method in the future 

Thanks, feel free to re-use

On 10/29/2018 at 6:12 AM, Bodi said:

That's a lot of green, the scaffold thingy built with shrouds looks quite good.:thumbup:

10 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Fantastic build Thaum! It looks really realistic, and I really like your skill in LDD. 

Keep up the great work!

Yeah, a lot, wish I had so many cool vegetation pieces to make a real large plantation in bricks... the LDD is the way to make large plantations.

20 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Neat idea for a plantation, and a cool design. Almost like a vineyard. :thumbup:

Agreed ! The vineyard looking was that decided me for a hops garden ! and so for Weelond !

20 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Wow, an excellent build! Loving all the details of the different stages of cultivation, as well as the overall "business". A lot of care has been put into every part of this MOC, brilliantly done! :thumbup:

9 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Nicely done.   It's a lot of work maintaining a garden.

Thanks, I always have alook upon the IRL way to care of a plantation before LDDing it

This is really great Prof, a fantastic example of a plantation. I thought about attempting industrial scale trellises for plantations before, and your design is perfect (I will probably steal one of these days!) Great work!

Nicely done Hopfield, Prof. Thaum!  Whenever I go to BrickFair Virginia, there is a microbrewery outside of Leesburg, Virginia that I pass by on the way that grows its own hops, and their fields look almost exactly like your MOC, only they use steel poles & wires instead of wood for supporting the hops vines.

That is just another wonderful depiction from you. Superb.

I would love to see (or try myself) these plants in real bricks at some point.

Well… wow! :pir-oh3:

Impressive and very realistic plantation, it must have taken a lot of time putting all the "cherries" in a good position!

Edited by Keymonus

On 11/2/2018 at 1:28 PM, Ayrlego said:

This is really great Prof, a fantastic example of a plantation. I thought about attempting industrial scale trellises for plantations before, and your design is perfect (I will probably steal one of these days!) Great work!

Thanks feel free to reuse the concept, there's no patent :wink:

On 11/2/2018 at 2:17 PM, Laura Takayama said:

Nicely done Hopfield, Prof. Thaum!  Whenever I go to BrickFair Virginia, there is a microbrewery outside of Leesburg, Virginia that I pass by on the way that grows its own hops, and their fields look almost exactly like your MOC, only they use steel poles & wires instead of wood for supporting the hops vines.

Thanks for the kind words, as I told sooner I always have inspiration of real photos, these were in a book talking about Port Royal/Savannah etc and were about wooden poles.

The fact that nowadays we use metal ones proves that the concept was the good one:thumbup:

6 hours ago, Elostirion said:

That is just another wonderful depiction from you. Superb.

I would love to see (or try myself) these plants in real bricks at some point.

Thanks, I would love to have enough real bricks to have this one built too

4 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Well… wow! :pir-oh3:

Impressive and very realistic plantation, it must have taken a lot of time putting all the "cherries" in a good position!

I must confess that the copy paste tool does exist in the LDD software, so the cherry are pretty easy to set up...

I made one hops tree and duplicate the others, but I rotate some cherry for a more realistic display :wink:

Edited by Professor Thaum