Giacinto Consiglio

[MOC] Modular Hats Shop & Old Inn

Here is my latest modular MOC, housing a hats shop and a medieval style inn. Inspired by Victorian and Tudor architecture, this corner modular building features two sub-builings "intersecting" in a small square with a fountain. Hope you appreciate this shift from my usual style!

30639807657_b6a6832cba_c.jpg

30639807637_8343728e09_c.jpg

44666999505_6d3887be71_c.jpg

43763569180_4a5edfdaac_c.jpg

45580970781_58983c0bbb_c.jpg

Edited by Giacinto Consiglio

These are awesome!  My favourite is the medieval inn, particularly the round corner windows.

What a beauty! First off, the composition of the two buildings is magnificent and the textures and colours they create as they join is just marvellous. I'm relly glad you took risks for this model, as it has definitely paid off. The olive green building on the left is very unique but versatile enough it could work as a Pet Shop-style modular. Yeees! :iamded_lol: I'm not the only one making bottom floors a lot different from the top floors! This dark red entrance to the Hats Shop is very beautiful and reminds me of the entrances to the London underground's Northern line (both my last models took inspiration from that :wink:) The Dutch top floor is a stand-out for this model too. The colours mix very organicly and makes me absolutely love this building. As for the tavern, I like that you took risks and I like most of it, especially the shaping of the bartizan tower. I don't like the fact the two top floors look a bit cramped but I think the design really pays off. As for the fountain, it reminds me of the one you had built for the project we were doing. Is it that one? :sceptic:

Overall, a magnificent piece. This suddenly reminded me of your Florentine Steakhouse. I'm not saying that you other modulars were a step-down, but this definitely caters to me more than your latest have. A super job!

I really like your buildings. You are very talented on building design. I look forward to seeing more projects from you :)

Lovely modular, the color scheme of the Hat Shop is gorgeous, I may have to borrow that! I also dig the roofs of both buildings. Keep it up! :thumbup:

Very creative and original design, and a lovely combination of different styles.
The interior of the in reception hall is smashing, and I really like the combination of the masonry bricks with the tan tiles in the façade.
Keep clicking those bricks together!

Overall a really good build! I especially like the exterior architecture of the tavern building, its a really good style and you've executed it really really well!

Well done!

ooh, I love hats.

But besides that. It is really nice set of buildings. Nice styles and that wall fountain is a splendid idea to match the buildings.