Captain Braunsfeld

Dark Secrets on the Île d'Or - resolved

Some time back we have started out on this nice little challenge and I know what you all have been waiting for:

The statistics of the Challenge!  :pir_laugh2:

And here they are. Overall we have seen 34 entries for the three categories, however not evenly distributed so it makes 44% for Cat A, 35% for Cat B and 21% for Cat C.

Participation by faction is as follows:

Corrington: 24%, Eslandola: 9%, Oleon 35% and finally Sea Rats 32%.

Wait… what are you saying?  You were not expecting statistics?

Well, nobody expects decent statistics these days.:pir-cry_sad:

Ok, let me try again.

I know what you have all been waiting for:

The structural analysis of the titles chosen for the entries. :pir-grin:

We have seen a mix of languages with one French and one German title amongst the more English-written entries.

Some were referencing famous pieces of literature (“the Heart of Darkness”, “Blades in the Dark”), some were plain information based (“Water Mill”, “Fishing Village”…) – actually that was 26% of the entries if you are interested in statistics – some were incomplete (“Suddenly…”) some were playing with language (“Sea-ing is believing”), some were repetitive (“Along the way”, “Along the way, again”) some were blaming their own teams (“Incompetent Adventurers”) and some others just did not fall into any of these categories.

Wait… what are you saying?  You were waiting for something completely different?

Well, you are giving me a hard time here.:pir-sceptic:

You want to know how Colonel Brickinson is doing these days?  No? :pir_wacko:

Spoiler

Six participants have provided entries for all three categories.

Is that the information you expected to find here?

Maybe you want to know about the results?

Well, ok, here they are: :pir-wink:

Category A - Intelligence

The call for mercenaries to come to the defence of Fatu Hiva was heard far and wide across the brick seas and a wide variety flocked to the settlement, searching for answers. As stories of the events were confused, most of the visitors to the Île d'Or started by questioning the locals. Native villagers seemed to be favoured over Oleon colonists; however, good information was obtained from a variety of sources

Category A Results

First Place: Ayrlego Native Pearling Village

Second Place: Keymonus Juracàn's fishing point

Third Place: LM71 Blackbird Bamboo Kayak Craftsman

Rewards: As the overall non-leadership winner, Keymonus is awarded a free large property license of any type in the settlement of Fatu Hiva (micro scale build only required).

Category B - Setting Out

Many strange artefacts were found... many were also destroyed!

Category B Results

First Place: A tie between Captain Braunsfeld with Then they found something and What shall we do now? and Bart with Pagan Temple

Second Place: Keymonus Blades in the Dark

Third Place: Ross Fisher Destroying the Idol

Rewards: Captain Braunsfeld and Bart are both awarded one free large arts and culture property license each in the settlement of Fatu Hiva (micro scale build only required).

Keymonus receives one free medium arts and culture property license in the settlement of Fatu Hiva (micro scale build only required) and Ross Fisher receives one free small arts and culture property license in the settlement of Fatu Hiva (micro scale build only required).

Category C - The Final Battle

Although many have speculated that certain events on the island were caused by some sort of hallucinogenic plants this was actually not the origin of the trouble that had come to the island.

A gang of fanatic rebels had hidden on the island and was finally crushed by force.

Category C Results

First Place: Keymonus The Last Battle

Second Place: Captain Braunsfeld Suddenly...

Third Place: Spud the Viking Struggle in the Jungle

Rewards: Keymonus is awarded the title "Defender of Fatu Hiva" and a free large plantation license (micro scale build only required).

Captain Braunsfeld is awarded a free medium plantation licence (micro scale build only required)  and Spud the Viking is awarded a free small plantation licence (micro scale build only required). All free plantations are to be located in Fatu Hiva.

[writeup by Ayrlego and myself]

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
Statistics error

Thanks for the write-up @Captain Braunsfeld! I do love some stats. I'll put together my prize build soon. 

On behalf of the Order, I should check one thing;

"Additionally there will be three winners for the sub-category of the idol."

Was the idol sub-category announced?

:pir-laugh: Excellent write-up, Captain!  I must admit you got me with that spoiler there! :rofl:

And congrats to all the winners, Captain B and Keymonius in particular!  Very impressive, guys! :thumbup:

Thanks for your feedback, everyone! :pir-blush:

12 hours ago, Garmadon said:

:pir-laugh: Excellent write-up, Captain!  I must admit you got me with that spoiler there! :rofl:

:pir-laugh: Want some more statistics?

I am happy with the outcome myself.

17 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Thanks for the write-up @Captain Braunsfeld! I do love some stats. I'll put together my prize build soon. 

On behalf of the Order, I should check one thing;

"Additionally there will be three winners for the sub-category of the idol."

Was the idol sub-category announced?

I have no information regarding the idol sub-category.

Let's wait and see.

Thank you for the writing (and the statistics, everyone likes them :tongue:), Captain B! I’m quite surprised by the result, now I’ve quite a lot to build! 

Congratulations to all the participants, some entries were absolutely great! :classic: 

Only a question... the builds activating the license have to be micro or can also be regular builds below the required size (for example showing only a part of the plantation but in a regular scale)

Great challenge and congratulations to the winners. It was also very nice to read up on some of the entries again as some were truly fantastic. Especially the final battle from Keynomus was awesome.

10 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Only a question... the builds activating the license have to be micro or can also be regular builds below the required size (for example showing only a part of the plantation but in a regular scale)

Either is fine and we have seen examples of both in the past.

4 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Great challenge and congratulations to the winners. It was also very nice to read up on some of the entries again as some were truly fantastic. Especially the final battle from Keynomus was awesome.

Thank you! :classic:

48 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

Either is fine and we have seen examples of both in the past.

Thanks, probably I’ll choose the second option! :classic:

Congratz to the winners, and thank you captain Braunsfeld for the write-up, nice job everyone.

Congrats to all the participants and especially the winners! Well done people, another Challenge is successfully completed.

Sort your bricks, do your research, take some time off work (well, not really :tongue:) because another Challenge is always on the way!

P.S: @Captain Braunsfeld Your statistics part really made my afternoon! I mean, who doesn't love statistics?!?!

Took some digging to find this, (not where I expected it) and oi! I won something, :D Thanks.
and concratulations to all the other winners.

large micro scale arts and culture. I'll have a go!

Bart