Orange Leader

A comfy place for peasants to live

That is a charming medieval house :wub::wub: Wonderful use of color, and the clean style works beautifully.
Lovely roof design too :thumbup:

Any particular reason you didn't use this for Guilds of Historica? I'm looking forward to seeing plenty more medieval builds from you :excited:

Edited by soccerkid6

Great build.  I love the roof technique.  The shutters are wonderful.  The house is a nice design.  I like all the little trees around.  Is there any pictures of the interior?

On 10/26/2018 at 2:32 PM, soccerkid6 said:

That is a charming medieval house :wub::wub: Wonderful use of color, and the clean style works beautifully.
Lovely roof design too :thumbup:

Any particular reason you didn't use this for Guilds of Historica? I'm looking forward to seeing plenty more medieval builds from you :excited:

Thanks, Soccerkid!

Perhaps I should have as a freebuild for Avalonia. Then again, Book III started and the absense of Nocturnus confused me. I favor Varlyrio at the moment.

On 10/28/2018 at 12:09 AM, zoth33 said:

Great build.  I love the roof technique.  The shutters are wonderful.  The house is a nice design.  I like all the little trees around.  Is there any pictures of the interior?

Thank you, Zoth! Unfortunatley, there are not pictures of the interior. It is unfinished and I was not satisfied with the result.

On 10/29/2018 at 1:53 PM, Aine said:

Man, this is amazing build! Lovely!

Thanks, Aine!

Glad to hear it won’t be your last as this is really nice! I especially like the roof and the shutters. The trees are quite interesting as well. Looking forward to your other medieval houses. :classic:

Edited by LegoModularFan

Ooh, I love the roof texture as well as the colors! Is the interior furnished? I'd love to see pics!

In general this MOC manages to really reflect that balance between complexity and efficiency that I love to see in actual sets, which is refreshing since so many Castle MOCs of this caliber feel like things that would feel way out-of-place in a layout with actual LEGO Castle sets.

Lovely build. As others have said, it's clean shape and color style create an interesting look, more similar to the classic castle-style. Feels a bit nostalgic. The roof is my favourite part. The use of curved slopes creates an interesting texture.

On 10/31/2018 at 9:30 AM, Perterz said:

I like the Classic feel it has, great work on the roof and window shutters!

Nice work!

Thanks! Classic Castle is still loved here!

On 11/3/2018 at 2:01 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Glad to hear it won’t be your last as this is really nice! I especially like the roof and the shutters. The trees are quite interesting as well. Looking forward to your other medieval houses. :classic:

Thanks! I made the roof from a lot of 1x2 curve slopes that I got from a draft game during my LUG meeting. I'm also satisfied with the shutters, glad you like them.

On 11/3/2018 at 3:05 PM, Aanchir said:

Ooh, I love the roof texture as well as the colors! Is the interior furnished? I'd love to see pics!

In general this MOC manages to really reflect that balance between complexity and efficiency that I love to see in actual sets, which is refreshing since so many Castle MOCs of this caliber feel like things that would feel way out-of-place in a layout with actual LEGO Castle sets.

Thanks! Unfortunately, IMO the interior is too lackluster to be photographed and I felt I could do better next time.

I tend to follow TLG's philosophie of set building; don't stray too far with too many different pieces. Keep it rather clean than overblow it with little details, etc. Ofcourse, I intend not to be too strict about it.

On 11/3/2018 at 7:40 PM, Redhead1982 said:

Lovely build. As others have said, it's clean shape and color style create an interesting look, more similar to the classic castle-style. Feels a bit nostalgic. The roof is my favourite part. The use of curved slopes creates an interesting texture.

Thanks! I love the Classic Castle sets a lot and I still draw inspiration from them. Mix those with modern parts and colours and this is the result.

Edited by Orange Leader

I really like those shutters, but my favorite bit has to be the stud shooter guns as trees, that's a nice way to repurpose those!

On 11/15/2018 at 5:16 AM, rodiziorobs said:

I really like those shutters, but my favorite bit has to be the stud shooter guns as trees, that's a nice way to repurpose those!

Thanks! I'm looking into those SSG trees to expand them. The megaphones work nicely, althought they are a bit uneven in shape.

Very cool! As others have said the shutters are great. Also, I love the roof technique, I've never seen it before.