LegoDW

Anyone know if TLG is going to be offering anything similar to 40262 this year?

Visited my local Lego store and inquire about this years holiday sets.  Ask if TLG was going to be offering anything like 40262 or similar (last year they did a Thanksgiving set too). The clerk just looked at me like I was nuts.  They said these smaller sets are not the norm, and for this year they only thing they were aware of were the Brickheads (kids don't like the brick heads).  Kids had fun adding the two smaller sets from last years winter village series into our display.  We got the Firestation, looks like that might be it for this year.

40262?$leaf2$

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Christmas-Train-Ride-40262

40262 was on the Lego Store website for a few days from like october 1-4, might have been leftovers like some other older christmas related sets that were sold the past weeks (some sold out and removed at this time, like the Snow Globe (40223, 2016) or Christmas Magnet (853663, 2017)

40222 and 40253 Christmas Build Up are still being sold currently for €9.99 each on european Shop@home. (2016, and 2017 sets)

Overall it's pretty random via the website as some sets appear without being listed under Seasonal or any theme at all.

There's also a "Christmas Gift Box" set : https://brickset.com/article/39217/new-seasonal-items-revealed

40292-1.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

I’ve seen 40262 for sale just yesterday in a toy shop in the uk.  They may be left overs from last year, of course, but these mini sets tend to sell out.  Maybe it was so popular they’re brining it back for another year.

40262 is a vignette set from 2017, Lego is simply selling old stock. In 2016 we had 40206 Lego Santa and 40205 Little Helpers, and 2015 gave us 40125 Santa’s visit plus 40124 Winter Fun.

If Lego sticks to the same pattern we might get some new vignettes in 2019, for Valentine, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas of course.

Ok, thanks for your responses.  Looks like I will have to moc any new small additions for this years display.  Hopefully 2019 will bring some new sets.

On 10/26/2018 at 3:04 AM, LegoDW said:

Visited my local Lego store and inquire about this years holiday sets.  Ask if TLG was going to be offering anything like 40262 or similar (last year they did a Thanksgiving set too). The clerk just looked at me like I was nuts.  They said these smaller sets are not the norm, and for this year they only thing they were aware of were the Brickheads (kids don't like the brick heads).  Kids had fun adding the two smaller sets from last years winter village series into our display.  We got the Firestation, looks like that might be it for this year.

40262?$leaf2$

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Christmas-Train-Ride-40262

The Lego Certified Store in Indonesia are recently selling 40261, 40262, 40263 for about Euro 7.6/set (USD 8.6/set). They are trying to get rid tons of them to make way for new small sets I think. I bought a couple from each set before it run out.

If you are in Europe or US, you can always bricklink them.