brickmeistro

Detective's Office, Brick Bank and Tower Bridge retiring soon?

5 hours ago, CopperTablet said:

Brickset has confirmed it: Detective's Office and Brick Bank are done.    Parisian is still being sold as of this time.

Where does it say that on Brickset?

On 11/10/2018 at 6:16 PM, brickmeistro said:

Would you wait for black friday or snap up something just now?

@brickmeistro Regarding Detectives Office, I would definitely suggest holding out till Black Friday. It's been confirmed that in the USA the set will be reduced by 20%. I would say there's a strong chance we'll get the same offer in the UK as well.

30881290217_6e9fbd268d_z_d.jpg

24 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

@brickmeistro Regarding Detectives Office, I would definitely suggest holding out till Black Friday. It's been confirmed that in the USA the set will be reduced by 20%. I would say there's a strong chance we'll get the same offer in the UK as well.

30881290217_6e9fbd268d_z_d.jpg

Thanks very much, Bricked1980!! I will definitely hold off for this set. Hopefully the brick bank will get a discount as well!!

I ordered DO on the 29th of Oct to get double points.  Box was slightly damaged when I received it, so have arranged a return and will hold off til Black Friday to re-order.  

Any chance brick bank gets back in stock online and goes on another sale next week or should i play it safe and grab it while its still in stock at my local lego store? Im afraid it wont come back in stock online again and its effectively retired already.

Edited by chezzymann

Just now, chezzymann said:

Any chance brick bank goes on another sale next week or should i play it safe and grab it while its still in stock at my local lego store? Im afraid it wont come back in stock online again and its effectively retired already.

I’m certainly waiting. 

There’s a chance for 20% off plus 5% VIP points. Plus Christmas freebie and Paypal £5 rebate  

Worst case I’ll get it from John Lewis or someplace like that.

Brick Bank and Detectives Office are now both listed on the LEGO store as "Retiring Soon". :look: https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Modular-Buildings?icmp=HP-SHT-OP-CE-creato-520

I'm tempted to buy DO now rather than wait till Black Friday. The set was confirmed to drop by 20% in the USA but I'm not sure if we'll be getting the same deal in the UK. Here is a list of sets that are supposed to be on offer over Black Friday in the UK. I can't see any of the modulars on the list. http://bricksfanz.com/black-friday-lego-deals-revealed/

Not sure what to do!

7 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

Brick Bank and Detectives Office are now both listed on the LEGO store as "Retiring Soon". :look: https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Modular-Buildings?icmp=HP-SHT-OP-CE-creato-520

I'm tempted to buy DO now rather than wait till Black Friday. The set was confirmed to drop by 20% in the USA but I'm not sure if we'll be getting the same deal in the UK. Here is a list of sets that are supposed to be on offer over Black Friday in the UK. I can't see any of the modulars on the list. http://bricksfanz.com/black-friday-lego-deals-revealed/

Not sure what to do!

I look at it like - if I wait, I can potentially get a 25% reduction (including VIP points), but if i don’t, I get a 5% reduction (only VIP points). If I am prepared to sacrifice the 5% reduction (£7), I could pick up the set from John Lewis for retail price. 

And if the set isn’t reduced in Black Friday deals, it will probably stay in stock longer. 

But for peace of mind, you may choose to  forsake the potential additional £28 saving and guarantee getting the set!

BB ordered, used my points, the PayPal voucher too so got it for £70.  Plus double points and the freebie thrown in too, pretty happy about that.  DO; I have a return order for but will keep if it’s not in Black Friday sales, which it doesn’t seem to be from what i’ve seen

On 11/17/2018 at 1:08 AM, brickmeistro said:

DO, BB and Tower Bridge all listed on S@H UK as retiring soon. Along with Ferris Wheel and Big Ben.

Grab them soon guys!

Also the fishing store from ideas.  

On 10/25/2018 at 4:14 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

The prices of Lego in the U.K. . . . you're so lucky . . here I am trying to find a way to get Brick Bank for less than $200 . . 

Why bother finding way? $169.99 on official lego store now...  

On 11/16/2018 at 9:00 PM, Bricked1980 said:

Not sure what to do!

I think Pet shop (10218) is there  well. much longer than Brick Bank and Detective office. Why I can still find Pet shop being sold around at deal?

Is it because when LEGO says a set is "retired", it will still practically be 

there for years before they are actually running out of stock and then

the price rises up rapidly?

2 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Why bother finding way? $169.99 on official lego store now...  

I think Pet shop (10218) is there  well. much longer than Brick Bank and Detective office. Why I can still find Pet shop being sold around at deal?

Is it because when LEGO says a set is "retired", it will still practically be 

there for years before they are actually running out of stock and then

the price rises up rapidly?

What are you talking about? I am looking at the Australian Lego Shop@Home right now and not only is it still retail price, $249.99 AUD, it is out of stock. 

And I hope so. I've only been getting into Modulars recently and I spent my budget on the Detective's Office, Parisian Restaurant and Sanctum Sanctorum because I thought that the Brick Bank would still be available for another two years. If it retires so early . . I'm gonna be in trouble. 

For anyone in the UK!!!

John Lewis have today launched their Black Friday offers. Detectives Office has been slashed to just £107. Wow what a bargain.  Tower Bridge is just £174.99 and Big Ben is £143.99. They also have some great deals on lots of other LEGO sets too.

EDIT: Just checked again and DO is now out of stock! :cry_sad: Not surprised at that price!

Edited by Bricked1980

Thanks for the headsup Bricked1980, Missed out on the DO, so glad i kept hold of it and haven't returned it to Lego yet due to slightly damaged box.  I did pick up Assembly Square at 25% off at John Lewis though, making it £134.99, according to pricespy thats the cheapest its ever been 

3 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

For anyone in the UK!!!

John Lewis have today launched their Black Friday offers. Detectives Office has been slashed to just £107. Wow what a bargain.  Tower Bridge is just £174.99 and Big Ben is £143.99. They also have some great deals on lots of other LEGO sets too.

EDIT: Just checked again and DO is now out of stock! :cry_sad: Not surprised at that price!

Good job I went for it a few hours ago at full price then.

2 hours ago, Brickclutch said:

Thanks for the headsup Bricked1980, Missed out on the DO, so glad i kept hold of it and haven't returned it to Lego yet due to slightly damaged box.  I did pick up Assembly Square at 25% off at John Lewis though, making it £134.99, according to pricespy thats the cheapest its ever been 

That sounds a great price for Assembly Square!

Another cracking offer I've seen this morning is Downtown Diner - Just £99 from Smyths Toys! 

15 hours ago, Envirogeek said:

Well looks like I missed both of them.  DO and BB are showing Out of Stock on the US website.

DO is now showing temporary out of stock and BB is backordered, but you can still get it.

Yeah, not sure I can stretch to the Diner as well, but fantastic price at that.  Ninjago city is £195 too, but luckily I already have it

DO and BB are both no longer available "temporarily out of stock" on the German Lego page.

Edited by Drunknok

So, after a lot of last minute panic, I ordered DO and BB with one online retailer, and though the order went through, discovered that they were "temporarily out of stock". I realised that this could mean they weren't going to get them back in stock and maybe not fulfil the order.

So I repeated the purchase at another online retailer, who seemed to have both sets in stock. Unfortunately after the transaction, they emailed me saying that one of the sets was "temporarily out of stock".

So I ordered the missing set from a third retailer.

As luck would have it, all 3 retailers managed to fulfil the orders and I was able to cancel only one of the orders, which means I now have 2 copies of both sets.

My question is - do I return the spare set of copies to one of the retailers, or do I sell them on to others?

So I got totally lucky with my Detectives Office order. I ordered it when the price was 143.99 USD on Thursday Night in the US when the sale dropped. In the morning the price was down to 127.99 USD! I tried to get customer service to change the price but they could not because the order was about to ship. When I got my shipping notice the price was 127.99 USD , beyond excited!

Edited by madejp86