Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[OL-FB] Brig la Sentinelle

The recent upgrowth of black flag fleet, composed of all sort of dinghies and drift woods cramped with adventurers and opportunists, is menacing the safety of honest merchantmen. Facing this new menace, no, not really a menace, nothing can defy the superiority of Oleander navy, we prefer to qualify it as a small inconvenient, which needs to be treated consequently, with minor force if possible. Therefore, fast sailing ships are needed, of smaller tonnage and lighter construction, vessels like sloops and brigs are more adapted to anti-piracy task, and we could spare our precious Sotl from routine convoy duty.

Side view of la Sentinelle, as you can see, it's a 16-gun brig.

IqWgSO.jpg

She was built a couple of months ago, I wasn't able to post it in time because I didn't have time to take pictures:pir-grin:.

Thank you for viewing.

Vive le Roi!

Great little rowboat there! :pir-grin:

The colours chosen work great for Oleon, and I like the combination of prefab hull parts and brick-built hull on top. A neat design overall. The crewman having a picknick in the rowboat is a hilarious detail! :thumbup:

The only thing I would change in the future is to dust off the parts used. The dirt really detracts from an otherwise great presentation.

All in all: well done, now give those filthy pirates a run for their money! :thumbup:

She's a lovely brig.  Beautiful sleek hull shape with great details like the capstan, canted masts, and rigging (I love your simple method for the eye/blocks).  I am going to bookmark this for the next time I build in brick, as there is a lot of good stuff here to refer to.

1 hour ago, Drunknok said:

Great little rowboat there!

Very funny, it's a class 5 boat.:pir-classic:

combination of prefab hull parts and brick-built hull on top

The prefabs can be served as a good base for medium sized ships, I prefer to keep the lower parts and get ride of the upper parts if I want to build something more realistic, since lower + upper parts may make the ship to appear out of proportion, KB has told this to me in the past but I only realized what he actually meant recently.

to dust off the parts used.

And you only say this now, hard to dust off with all these threads.:pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Kwatchi said:

She's a lovely brig.  Beautiful sleek hull shape with great details like the capstan, canted masts, and rigging (I love your simple method for the eye/blocks). 

Glad you have noticed these details, Kwatchi, and the eye/blocks method in fact comes from Sebeus I, I've saw it for the first time on his Dancing Ember.:classic:

Nice ship! As others have noticed, sleek design and good colors. And a good combo of prefab and brick-built. A proper brig! :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Capt Wolf said:

Nice ship! As others have noticed, sleek design and good colors. And a good combo of prefab and brick-built. A proper brig! :thumbup:

Thank you Capt Wolf. The color is a pure coincidence, I've ordered some blue flags on the net and wanted to try how they look with the commonly used yellow strip.

I really love the stern slope...  Tons of good details...  The dancing ember was quite the ship and you added her details quite well. 

11 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

pretty good one. With nice shaping over the prefabs

Thanks mate.

11 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I really love the stern slope...  Tons of good details...  The dancing ember was quite the ship and you added her details quite well. 

The stern slope is of simple construction, just a pair of hinges holding the plates in place.