RuffDraft

AFOL Modular Building Brick Builder from the UK

Hello everyone, 

I was advised to say hello here to the 37,000 members, so, hello! 

As a relatively new AFOL (15 months and counting), who only owned a few Lego sets as a child, I have been swept up by the creativity and fun that Lego brings, and now own a range of modular buildings: 

• Fire Brigade
  • Pet Shop
  • Palace Cinema
  • Parisian Restaurant
  • Detective's Office
  • Brick Bank
  • Assembly Square
  • Downtown Diner

Although I own eight, I've only had the time to build three of them (BB, DO and PC). Of these, my favourite is the Brick Bank, which I know is uncommon, as most would choose The Detective's Office! I much preferred the facade and grandiose nature of the Brick Bank though. 

I am looking forward to the new modular building for 2019, and also picking up a train set for my city. 

I am a videographer by profession, and so I'm really looking forward to making some videos further down the line once my city has been built and my trains are running. I'd really like to push Lego filmmaking from a real time perspective and get creative by telling stories. 

Looking forward to sharing in the love of this board - you can't beat a forum! 

Best wishes, 

'Draft 

21 hours ago, RuffDraft said:

Thanks, Jar JarBonks! Great name - I love it! :iamded_lol: 

Thanks! :tongue:

22 hours ago, Foreman-Alex said:

Another Brit! Welcome aboard :wink:

Thanks, Foreman-Alex! Appreciate the welcome! I think Lego is pretty popular in the UK... but I guess it's popular all over the world. I love visiting the London store, and my local one in Liverpool. What do you like to build?! 

4 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Welcome aboard, RuffDraft.  :classic:

Thanks, dr_spock - it's great to be here! I went to Canada in 2012. Loved it! Vancouver, Whistler and Banff. I had a great time! What do you like to build?! 

Just now, RuffDraft said:

Thanks, Foreman-Alex! Appreciate the welcome! I think Lego is pretty popular in the UK... but I guess it's popular all over the world. I love visiting the London store, and my local one in Liverpool. What do you like to build?! 

Thanks, dr_spock - it's great to be here! I went to Canada in 2012. Loved it! Vancouver, Whistler and Banff. I had a great time! What do you like to build?! 

Liverpool? That's the closest one to me too! 

6 minutes ago, Foreman-Alex said:

Liverpool? That's the closest one to me too! 

Haha yeah, I live in Merseyside, but I'm considered a Wool! Haha LFC fan though. 

Have you been building a while? I noticed you only have 12 posts, so are potentially new to this too? 

Just now, RuffDraft said:

Haha yeah, I live in Merseyside, but I'm considered a Wool! Haha LFC fan though. 

Have you been building a while? I noticed you only have 12 posts, so are potentially new to this too? 

Man-U fan here! Yep! I've just joined recently as well :classic:

49 minutes ago, Foreman-Alex said:

Man-U fan here! Yep! I've just joined recently as well :classic:

We were so close to being friends! :iamded_lol: Just kidding. Quality! What do you like to build, or are you just getting started?

6 hours ago, RuffDraft said:

We were so close to being friends! :iamded_lol: Just kidding. Quality! What do you like to build, or are you just getting started?

I had a feeling you'd make a comment like that. :grin: Mainly town/city builds, I'll send you some pictures sometime!

1 hour ago, Foreman-Alex said:

I had a feeling you'd make a comment like that. :grin: Mainly town/city builds, I'll send you some pictures sometime!

Haha! Sweet! Great to have similar interests. I guess we can be friends, after all. Looking forward to seeing the pictures! I just picked up the Lego Holiday Train set, so I'm looking forward to building that alongside the Winter Toy Shop as a Christmas display beneath the tree! 

Looking forward to seeing what you've built!