jrx

[MOC] Mercedes Zetros 1833 Expedition Truck 4×4 Full RC

19 hours ago, I_Igor said:

the only really big thing could be that LEGO releases tractor tires in size 81.6, 94.8 or even bigger like 120mm.

That would be great, but somehow I can't believe in that. I haven't tracked the dates but in my impression LEGO releases new Technic tires only all few years and the Claas tires are nearly "brand new" ;)

The only thing what I'm improving is to make it lighter...

Good luck with that! Heavy weight is also always my problem with my MOCs.

My current version you can see here

Really nice Mog :thumbup:

Really nice model.
As an RV fan, I can appreciate it even more with the RV module at the back. Love the awning.

1 hour ago, jrx said:

Really nice Mog :thumbup:

Thanks. Your Zetros has some very Interesting solutions in Cab, so I wonder how would it look in 1:15 scale... we'll see. The only thing that I do not like on your model is that it is dirty now. I would never drive it out of house - it is to precious.

Edited by I_Igor

7 hours ago, I_Igor said:

The only thing that I do not like on your model is that it is dirty now

That made me laugh out really loud :) Was much of fun outside. And the only parts which became really dirty were the wheels. The rest is just some sand and dust.

14 minutes ago, jrx said:

That made me laugh out really loud :) Was much of fun outside. And the only parts which became really dirty were the wheels. The rest is just some sand and dust.

I know, but still...I like that MOC looks as build from new parts (what you can not say for 68.8 X 24 tires that I use...)

16 hours ago, I_Igor said:

I like that MOC looks as build from new parts

Same for me - so it looks so shiny new :) But sometimes a MOC has to proof its capabilities in the real world.

I agree, but functions test (in case of my models) can be done as indoor testing... I'm not building fully RC models for several reasons: my wife hates sou d of e-motors and my pets (cat and dog) would start to chase them :laugh:

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

my wife hates sou d of e-motors

Oh, that's a pity. Maybe you'll do it like me … My wife drove the Zetros in the video and had much fun :grin:

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

my pets (cat and dog) would start to chase them :laugh:

Hehe, would be a great addition to your videos. Very entertaining :laugh:

12 minutes ago, jrx said:

Oh, that's a pity. Maybe you'll do it like me … My wife drove the Zetros in the video and had much fun :grin:

Hehe, would be a great addition to your videos. Very entertaining :laugh:

I think they (pets) would become frustrated very soon and believe me I have stress for ten people and not just for one...so after a short thought I rather skip this...and my wife has philosophy - it is better that I spend my free time with LEGO than at the Barr...so she supports me but that is the bottom line. Sometimes I ask her about best color for moc or for color combo since she pays much attention to color combination she wears and she could be very useful. Just one example - when we saw blurred small images of Unimog U400, she said that it better be orange because orange color can be better seen in fog and bad conditions on the road (and Orange looks better with gray tilting bed...) So my Zetros (one day based on tumbler tires) would probably be white with manure spreader or something like that...

At least I got an idea how to make lighter seats on my U423. I have already made lighter doors...

15 hours ago, I_Igor said:

my wife has philosophy - it is better that I spend my free time with LEGO than at the Bar

That's true. My wife think in a similar way :)

Sometimes I ask her about best color for moc or for color combo since she pays much attention to color combination she wears and she could be very useful.

Very helpful! And I see another similarity ;)

my Zetros (one day based on tumbler tires) 

That sounds very massiv! Don't you think tumbler tires are much to wide for a Zetros?

They are wide but they are only 81.6 tires with appropriate thread...

Small Update: I startet making instructions for some parts. First thing to release will be the ATV. Unfortunately it seems as if I used some forbidden build techniques. Here's a first render showing the ATV.

45598613822_a50f5ba07f_c.jpg

Is there some gear reduction between the universal joints and the wheels?

Edit: nevermind, found it.

Edited by Sariel

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

This little moc could be official set :wink:

Do you really think? Can’t believe it will be successful at Ideas. 

1 hour ago, Sariel said:

Is there some gear reduction between the universal joints and the wheels?

Edit: nevermind, found it.

You’re welcome. If you need some more pics you’ll find them at Flickr. The Behind The Moc video will come in the next few days. 

I'm not a clairvoyant person (about LEGO ideas), but when I compare it with official LEGO sets (that should represent quads) it looks better IMHO

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

I'm not a clairvoyant person (about LEGO ideas), but when I compare it with official LEGO sets (that should represent quads) it looks better IMHO

:blush: Thank you!

I have to get rid of the problematic parts and then we will see :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'll also try to get rid of some parts to make Mog cab lighter...

Good luck with that! Looking forward to seeing your finished Mog 

Thanks. Today I'll have time to find necessary parts and to make inventory for (eventually) necessary parts for cab... Off course if my wife did not plan something without telling me ...

Updated the ATV so it is build without using the flexibility of Technic parts. First pic is original version, second new version. The new one has wider protection shield. What do you think? Is it as nice as the first? Suggestions?

30725638237_d36961fe39_n.jpg 45615394692_60a0c09ebe_n.jpg

It's done. I finished the building instructions for the ATV. You can them at LC-jrx.com

43960964580_fc40e0041f.jpg

About the MOC: It's a small ATV with oscillating front axle and sprung rear axle. Working two-cylinder fake engine. "Lives" in Mercedes Zetros 1833 "Expedition Truck".

31906724738_6e19c134e0.jpg 43960888160_9b21fb12f5.jpg 30725638237_d36961fe39.jpg

Box is very interesting detail. This little moc suits Zetros perfect :thumbup: