PxChris

A completed theme

The Lord of the Rings theme is one of the ones that really got my interests back up to a strong boil when it comes to LEGO collecting, but unfortunately for me, while the sets were still on the shelves I was much more focused on other pursuits (music collecting mostly). Well, I was finally able to just recently complete my Lord of the Rings collection and now have all the sets and minifigures! I got them all set up to snap a few pics last week. Pretty darn happy with them. :grin:

44588388075_95554a1d90_h.jpg

44588388885_596d8a41c0_h.jpg

44588388735_8bcf53b9b2_h.jpg

44588388355_69f226483a_h.jpg

(I do also have some of the Hobbit sets, especially 79003 which I have multiple copies of, as well as the whole of Thorin's company, but this is just Lord of the Rings sets.)

On 10/23/2018 at 11:33 AM, PxChris said:

The Lord of the Rings theme is one of the ones that really got my interests back up to a strong boil when it comes to LEGO collecting, but unfortunately for me, while the sets were still on the shelves I was much more focused on other pursuits (music collecting mostly). Well, I was finally able to just recently complete my Lord of the Rings collection and now have all the sets and minifigures! I got them all set up to snap a few pics last week. Pretty darn happy with them. :grin:

(I do also have some of the Hobbit sets, especially 79003 which I have multiple copies of, as well as the whole of Thorin's company, but this is just Lord of the Rings sets.)

Owwwooo... So nice all this... You have to make some mocs with all this super sets... 

I notice you include Dimensions minifigures and the game tags. There are other similar non-retail set items, such as the keychains, magnets, loads of video games, and there was also a Sting sword available from LEGO stores as part of a treasure hunt. Also a storage box (project case). Plus they gave out stickers too and various posters.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

I notice you include Dimensions minifigures and the game tags. There are other similar non-retail set items, such as the keychains, magnets, loads of video games, and there was also a Sting sword available from LEGO stores as part of a treasure hunt. Also a storage box (project case). Plus they gave out stickers too and various posters.

I only included the Dimensions figs & side builds because in my own mind they are to be included in the complete-ist minifigure list. I do have some (though not all) of the other non-building set LotR items as well.

I've actually been looking for a copy of the instructions for the in-store treasure hunt sword build. I have the pieces for it, but not the photocopied instruction sheet.

In store, they had instructions sheets for the Sting that were laminated and attached to the parts stand. So I guess not many of them ever escaped.

Have you considered adding the helms deep board game to your collection?

Its microfigs but I still appreciate them. There are quite a few of them and they are more rare than some of the standard figs.

8 hours ago, lego the hutt said:

Have you considered adding the helms deep board game to your collection?

Its microfigs but I still appreciate them. There are quite a few of them and they are more rare than some of the standard figs.

Yes, I actually would like to add that to the collection someday! I do have The Hobbit game which is fun as well.