kaelthas

[REVIEW] 5005256 - Marvel Infinity War Minifigures (Bricktober 2018)

HOW DO YOU RATE THIS SET?   

23 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 - 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

IMG_5832.PNG.ba6c8e6bf95bd20370afb846aca47672.PNG

The final episode. The most demanded set of all Bricktober in the history. Is it the movie? Maybe. To me, more of the minifigures here that makes the difference. 

5004938 - NINJAGO Minifigures

5004939 - TLBM Minifigures

5004941 - Classic Minifigures

5005257 - NINJAGO Minifigures (2018)

5005254 - Harry Potter Minifigures (2018)

5005255 - Jurassic World Minifigures (2018)

Are you ready?

Overview

Name: 5005256 - Marvel Infinity War Minifigures
Theme: Promotional \ Toys R Us (Bricktober)
Year: 2018
Pieces: 22 pcs
Minifigures: 4
Price: free with purchase of RM199 in Malaysia.

Introduction

All of them are exclusive to the set. You can find some of them outside but the printings are so different that you will like this version more than others. By going through them one by one, you will feel that it's a whole new experience of Infinity War after all. After they discontinued? Maybe they will be like SDCC exclusives? Okay, that's too much. Let's look into it.

Box

This box art is the nicest as Thanos is at the upper right corner showing off his fully powered Infinity Gauntlet. 

The most important number here is the 5005256 so that you can easily bricklink the set. :laugh:

LEGO version of Thanos.

Clearer view without the plastic.

Go protect Earth!

Minifigures

Wow! This is the most impressive war machine ever designed by LEGO! The accessories are still simple but the printings are exceptional! Let's look at it from the top to bottom. Helmet. It looks quite full with silver colored prints but when you open it up, you can see there are also printings at the cheek area makes it looked cooler than ever! Head. At the front is Ron Cheadle's smiling face but at the back you have a red coloured HUD printing! But here I think the red is too dark makes him looked like he had a punch in his left eye. Haha. Torso. The nanotech design looks very detailed with the chest piece that looks similar to Tony's mark 50. Back print is quite normal but the both side arm printings are phenomenal! Can we ask for side leg printings to make him complete? 

The left one is from the Airport battle set.You can see the new war machine prints are much denser than the previous version. 

The HUD prints are actually the same with Tony's version. The only difference is the colour. I think the red should be more transparent for it to look nicer. 

The side arm prints that is visible a little bit from the back here makes him look much nicer than the previous one.

I can't take my eyes off of him. haha

Here you can see the 004 indicating that this is actually Mark 4 war machine. See, the older one looks dull with nothing at the arm.

Even Giant man wants the new one.

Wong. The most anticipated character to appear in LEGO since the Dr Strange movie. The prints are very nice too. The red and blue colour combination of his robe makes him looks movie accurate. His Asian looking facial hair is also a nice touch to the minifigure. The 2x2 printed tile here is maybe one of the books in the library that he guards. Legs are well printed with the side ones too!

Constipation at it's best.

Tony Stark! He has side arm printings too! This hair captures the hair of Robert Downey Jr in the movie accurately. The grey jacket with the hood and the nanotech chest piece is also a very nice detailing to the minifigure. The startled face is also a very nice addition to this character.

Wong! You are invited to my wedding.

Bucky Barnes. This is him after cryo sleep and a new vibranium arm gifted by Black Panther, king of Wakanda. His beard is new and the use of gold colour for the vibranium arm makes it looks elegant! This minifigure also has side leg printings at the right side of the minifigure.

The old arm was blasted by Tony so he had a new upgrade. 

Beard darkens in ice?

I'm gonna get that arm.

Conclusion

I love this set so much as it completes my Marvel Infinity War collection! Everyone here is so amazingly designed, well printed and most importantly, EXCLUSIVE! Marvel fans, what are you waiting for?

Review summary
Design: 10/10 - Very nice design of minifigures that I have to give full marks for that.
Minifigures:  10/10 - Can I be greedy to ask for the Collector to be added to this set as the fifth minifigure?
Price / Value for money: 10/10 - Good luck getting them after they are discontinued. Be fast guys.
Overall: 10/10 - Did I ever give full marks for any other sets? This is so awesome I have to put 10/10!

I hope you enjoy reading my simple review and do express your comments below. :wink:

Thank you and see you next October!

a4

All four sets of 2018 Bricktober.

Thanks for the review!

This is a great pack for sure, with four very nice figs. My only complaint is that Bucky's face print seems a bit weird and the fig doesn't quite 'pop' with it's dark torso print (it may be accurate though, just looks a slightly dull to me).

Compared to the previous round of Bricktober minifigure packs it's a slam dunk though, guess I'm getting a bit spoiled.

This is probably the best Bricktober pack ever. My only complaint is I was hoping to get Tony's red sunglasses as an alternate printing. But Wong makes up for all wrongs.

I know that it has been said numerous times but this pack is the best of all. So much details are into this minifigures. If I'm going to rate it I'm gonna go with War Machine being in the top, Wong then White Wolf, Tony being the last. Only gripe I have is the sun glasses on Tony, the scene is so iconic that it's a bummer they didn't include that printing. 

I hope this is the start for TLG - releasing exclusive packs for Marvel. I'm looking forward for Avengers 4, I know it's a stretch to compare these minifigures but I'm excited with next version of War Machine and Tony.

Thank you so much for this very detailed review!
Those comparison pictures are very helpful :thumbup:

I really hope I can get my hands on this set.
To be honest, I don't really like War Machine (the printing seems a bit too crowded to me, the previous version os just fine), but the others are really amazing.

Regards,
Mitch

1000% should’ve been Scarlet Witch over civilian Tony, but Marvel just hates her I guess because she got jack squat across the entire merchandising board. 

Other than that it’s a great pack though. War Machine is wonderful, but Wong is the clear standout for me.  

This is the other pack I want, and after seeing this I want them even more. Rhodes prints are great, new armor is cool. Wong is fantastic, too bad that isn’t a book though. Bucky/Tony are equally better than I first thought. 

Now to find some more money.

I don't know why but Bucky's non-aggressive face just looks off to me. Hopefully I can find this pack somewhere.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Oddly enough, Bucky's face is my favorite face here. But it seems I'm alone :laugh:

You're not alone I like it because I'm not a fan of Starlord's face that was used for the Civil War bucky.

I replaced that with the stubble face in Lone Ranger cavalry set. 

Good thing I was able to purchase multiples of this set. I can easily swap it out.

Bucky's my favorite of the four in this pack, primarily for that torso print of his. If I were though to take the time to obtain this pack, I'd likely pluck out his "metal arm" replacing it with another unprinted Earth Blue one, as so I could reuse the torso elsewhere. :devil:

22 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Oddly enough, Bucky's face is my favorite face here. But it seems I'm alone :laugh:

What's there to dislike, it's a pretty decent print! :thumbup:

These are amazing. Granted, the leak about there being a War Machine focused set for A4 makes me a little less concerned about getting Rhodes, but I NEED that Wong. 

Any word on when this'll be available in AUS?

12 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

These are amazing. Granted, the leak about there being a War Machine focused set for A4 makes me a little less concerned about getting Rhodes, but I NEED that Wong. 

Any word on when this'll be available in AUS?

Unfortunately, if we ever got him in the A4 sets it would be his 005 armor. And IMHO, we can't compare the detailing of this pack in the regular minifigure in sets. 

Great review!  I hope they release pack like this for ENDGAME after seeing the latest sets photos.  This particular pack is really good.  I love Tony Stark's printing. 

Here is my video review: