60 WTC Marines

2,000 Dbs

WTC Icarus Returning (Class 6 Brig)

WTC Red Queen (Class 1 Yacht)

Characters:

Spoiler

[IMAGE]

Countess Agnes Mesabi:

Agnes Mesabi is the WTC's "Acting" CEO, and the wife of the fabulous Count Mesabi. 

[IMAGE]

Princess Isabella of Gonda (Mariani)

Princess Isabella was the second in line to the throne of Gondova, when the nation was conquered by Bremere. Her brother faded quietly away, retiring to Rottwall. Isabella, however, stayed loyal to the city, and relentlessly campaigned for independence and for better conditions for the Gondovans. Prince Nikolai, however, grew suspicious of her, and exiled her in a purge along with many loyalists. She escaped to Carno, where she attempted to buy into their colonization of the New Haven Sea, but lost almost everything to the Loti Carno conflict. Desperate, she sent her two most loyal followers to gain contacts in the WTC, who agreed to help her retake the throne of Gondova. 

[Image]

Delilah Da Vicci

Delilah was in charge of the Grand Army of Gondova during the last war of Namere. Brilliant, Conniving, and Cruel, she lead the best of Gonda against all of Namere. Her best, however, was not enough, especially with the war machines invented by Leonardo Da Bricki. As the forces of a united Namere descended upon Gonda, she prepared to burn the city. However, she was not given the chance, as Gondova soon surrendered, and she was immediately exiled. A Promethean, she teamed up with "Scratches" and "McCoy" to hunt members of the order. This included a daring raid on the Great Abbey of Bremere, and hunting members of the Order during the Fatu Hiva Crisis. 

[Image]

"Scratches"

"Scratches" is a young Promethean known for a series of large scratches across his face. 

[Image]

"McCoy" 

McCoy hails from the Island of Tam, where he trained as an elite assassin, and served in the Juniper Wars. Afterwards, he was given a pension and mandatory retirement, so he took his talents elsewhere. 

Maps

Spoiler

Goals

Spoiler
  1. Open the Port of Gonda to the Brick Seas
  2. Restore Princess Isabella to the throne of Gonda
  3. Free Gondova from the tyranny of Namere. 

Chapter 1: Homecoming

30565157437_5027f29470_c.jpgIn gonda by North White, on Flickr

The ships had been anchored in the bay of Gonda, since the port was officially closed to all traffic. Scratches, their rower, guided them towards the docks. 

"The Great whaling ships of Gonda sail no more." Remarked Delilah, seeing the wreck of a ship against the dock.

44591992595_197cf4336a_c.jpgIn gonda by North White, on Flickr

"Things have gotten worse since we left." Said Isabella

"Well, the WTC is here to fix things!" Said Agnes

43688633110_ec05530340_c.jpgIn gonda by North White, on Flickr

The crew disembarked onto the remains of the pier. Old crates and bottles were scattered everywhere. 

"They're late." Said Delilah

45454974312_5a73c38111_c.jpgIn gonda by North White, on Flickr

They waited in silence for a few minutes before the carriage arrived.

45454974162_6138aa8782_c.jpgIn gonda by North White, on Flickr

They loaded in, and were off, leaving the docks behind. The Palace awaited!

45454974222_19a8458513_c.jpgIn gonda by North White, on Flickr

To Be Continued...

Thanks for viewing my build! This launches my new AMCRA, which will attempt to flesh out Namere, and tell a new story in the old world. C&C appreciated!

I like this! I was thinking of starting my next AMRCA in Namere, so it'd be interesting to retread your tracks. Any more info on the raid of the great Abbey? And about Namere in general? I want to explore an Imperial Russian civilisation in BOBS, but I guess Namere is more Scandinavian?

@Ross Fisher Namere is based on renaissance italy, with some scandinavian influences. Currently, the lore for it is under review, but I'll send you a pm with the preliminary stuff. 

As for an Imperial Russian civ, you might want to check out Varcoast, and Pontilla, though I don't remember if Pontilla has been written yet. 

As for the great Abbey of Bremere, it is located in Balmin, a heavily fortified citadel that was thought impenetrable. But somehow, a Promethean strike team infiltrated it, and set it ablaze, and killed many of the Priests. 

Spoiler

Just now, Mesabi said:

somehow, a Promethean strike team infiltrated it, and set it ablaze, and killed many of the Priests. 

Those swine!

Thanks for the info!

@Mesabi

The carriage soon left the ruined harbour to turn into the city... Which hardly seemed to be better than the docks. The whole city seemed in a state of revolt! Some streets were blocked by barricades and shops were being looted.

The carriage crew seemed nervous, as the large rebellious mobs grew in size the close they got to the palace. The street atmosphere was highly charged and something seemed likely to happen very soon.

Turning the next street, the coachman quickly applied the brakes and held his steaming horses: A hastily made barricade of furniture and old carts blocked the street, with sinister people adding the last chairs to the jury-rigged obstacle. All around people were brandishing makeshift weapons!

So, what's next ?

- Out of our way, peasants! We shall get to the palace, one way or the other!  Draw weapons and fight your way through.

- Make way for your rightful ruler! I am the countess Mesabi and this is the princess Isabella, make way!

The palace is right behind the barricade! Reveal your identities and trust the people will let through their rightful heir and her saviours!

- Secret contacts... We need to get away unseen...
A man hiding his face beneath a large hat and dark cloak is rapping on the door of the carriage, motioning them all to slip out and follow him, while the coachman handles the rioters. Where does he take them?

All options are risky - and only one can be taken... What will they do?

(Write-up mainly by @Professor Thaum)

On 10/23/2018 at 9:32 AM, Ross Fisher said:

I like this! I was thinking of starting my next AMRCA in Namere, so it'd be interesting to retread your tracks. Any more info on the raid of the great Abbey? And about Namere in general? I want to explore an Imperial Russian civilisation in BOBS, but I guess Namere is more Scandinavian?

Namere's names feel more Italian like Mesabi said. I think Garvey is currently the most Scandinavian-inspired of all BoBS civilizations, according to Jameis Farstrider's Guide. An Imperial Russian would be awesome, though! Most of the current "main" civilizations are Western European. Something Eastern European would be interesting and Russia was definitely a power house and huge player in the European (and global) game of politics.

On 10/23/2018 at 7:15 PM, Mesabi said:

@Ross Fisher Namere is based on renaissance italy, with some scandinavian influences. Currently, the lore for it is under review, but I'll send you a pm with the preliminary stuff. 

As for an Imperial Russian civ, you might want to check out Varcoast, and Pontilla, though I don't remember if Pontilla has been written yet. 

Maybe The Great Alliance of States can be Imperial Russian inspired? They have the land mass to be "cliché" huge Russian and I don't think any background has been established for them thus far?

On topic then: I like where this is heading. Even with limited backdrop and scenery you manage to paint the scene quite vividly. It only needs some burning trashcans and a rabid dog running away with some food :laugh: . Can't wait to read other installments.

Thank you @Bregir and @Professor Thaum! I'll get building as soon as my holiday ends!

On 11/22/2018 at 2:12 PM, Khorne said:

Maybe The Great Alliance of States can be Imperial Russian inspired? They have the land mass to be "cliché" huge Russian and I don't think any background has been established for them thus far?

It's funny, because @Ross Fisher actually discussed this. Unfortunately, the NPC development committee is on the backburner at the moment, but I really agree that the GAS should be imperial russia. 

On 11/22/2018 at 2:12 PM, Khorne said:

On topic then: I like where this is heading. Even with limited backdrop and scenery you manage to paint the scene quite vividly. It only needs some burning trashcans and a rabid dog running away with some food :laugh: . Can't wait to read other installments.

Thanks @Khorne! I hope I do not disappoint! 

On 10/23/2018 at 2:21 AM, Legostone said:

Burned out carriages? Wrecks in the Harbour? What more is to come? :pir-laugh:

Lots.... :pir-laugh:

Chapter 2: The Blue Moon Pub

Option Taken:

On 11/21/2018 at 2:28 PM, Bregir said:

- Secret contacts... We need to get away unseen...
A man hiding his face beneath a large hat and dark cloak is rapping on the door of the carriage, motioning them all to slip out and follow him, while the coachman handles the rioters. Where does he take them?

The group quickly disembarked from the carriage, and lead them down a side street, ditching his hat. The streets were strangely quiet, and many of the buildings were boarded up. They were lead through a barricade into a cordoned off street.

44291299950_50442dfb91_z.jpgBlue Moon Pub by North White, on Flickr

"Glad I got you out of there," Said their guide. "Things around here aren't super stable." He lead them into a tavern.

31168215067_31a48265a8_z.jpgBlue Moon Pub by North White, on Flickr

"Good to see you too, Ivano" Said Princess Isabella. 

The group went upstairs, where a command center had been set up. Papers and old pizza boxes stacked the tables. 

44291299510_6ec30c033d_z.jpgBlue Moon Pub by North White, on Flickr

"Is like the only place open the pizza place?" Asked Mccoy

44291299800_b00051b044_z.jpgBlue Moon Pub by North White, on Flickr

"Right! Now to Business!" Said Ivano.

46057550572_635ae8b9ab_z.jpgBlue Moon Pub by North White, on Flickr

"Here is a complete briefing of all of our resources, troops, and Dbs. And of Course, the situation in Gonda right now...."

32236268368_ae2c9547a3_z.jpgBlue Moon Pub by North White, on Flickr

To Be Continued....

============================================================================================

Thanks for viewing my latest build! C&C appreciated. 

Notes for the AMCRA team: I've chosen to let y'all define the current situation in Gonda, and the Current Resources of the Loyalists. (Like give me some Loyalist troops, and a Db balance, positive or negative.) (Also, make sure you decide what's going on in Gonda, and options of how I take advantage of it.) I'm doing this so that this adventure is as fair as possible, since I don't want to overstep my bounds in terms of NPC relations. 

Also, NPC dev committee, now might be a good time to go over the Lore for this? :pir-grin:

Edited by Mesabi

One of your best facades here Mesabi, the light blue and LBG work nicely together. I especially like the pattern created by the log bricks and the 1x4 plate with the studs on each end. The angled 1x2 tiles are also a nice touch. Not sure about the second layer of CMF baseplates - the bottom looks good but I can't work out the purpose of the top. Nice work although as with most of your builds, it would be nice to see an overview of the whole scene.

@Mesabi

-----------------------

After narrowing escaping what might have been an untimely end to their mission in the streets of Gonda, they were led by a mysterious figure to a tavern off the beaten path of the city. It didn't take long to realize that this was the headquarters of the revolutionist uprising in the area. After some formalities, the guide - who turned out to be a coup leader - expounded the situation to the foreigners.

The circumstances were grim... the ruling monarchs have a well trained army and reside in a fortified palace that has long been thought of as impregnatable. Outside the palace, the revolutionists have been tirelessly working around the clock to draft up plans that might have a remote chance of working to overthrow the current sovereigns. However, they have only managed to put together 2 companies of  revolutionist troops and barely have enough money in their coffers to purchase food, let alone muskets and gunpowder (70 dbs added to adventure treasury). Maybe a fresh perspective is just what the rebellion needs!

You call this a militia?

There is no way this "militia" can overthrow such a big fortress, we need more fighters! You can't post fliers to get men to sign up, so it must be done covertly. However, if you recruit the wrong person or get caught, then you'll rot away in prison or face the firing squad!

We need more intel!

Before you attack you need a entry point. Scout out the area around and leading up to the palace in an attempt to find a suitable place to launch an offensive maneuver and whatever you do, don't get caught!

Hold my scepter!

There is no time for fancy uniforms and elaborate plans, all we need is the element of surprise! Take what troops you have, duel wield those pistols, lead your followers in battle, storm the gates and take the throne! What could go wrong... it's not like we could all die right?

Only 1 option can be chosen this turn and 1 build is required to continue.

All options are risky - and only one can be taken

@LM71Blackbird Thanks for the write up! 

@Bregir & @Ayrlego. (Or whoever does NPC relations for Namere.) When my troops attack (either this turn or next) will it be seen as an act of War by Corrington against Namere? Granted, it's probably not going to stop me, but in the spirit of causing LESS chaos, it would be good to know. 

5 hours ago, Mesabi said:

When my troops attack (either this turn or next) will it be seen as an act of War by Corrington against Namere? Granted, it's probably not going to stop me, but in the spirit of causing LESS chaos, it would be good to know. 

Sooo, if your 60 troops plus 2 companies of rebels try an open all-out attack, I think a diplomatic crisis will be the least of your problems... :P

If the WTC troops are mercenaries (whoever pays for them) fighting under the flag of Gonda, I see no reason why Cor should be affected at all. Mercenaries were a very common thing back then, as you know, so as long as the story checks out, I see no issue. On the other hand, if Countess Mesabi raises the red, black, and white of Corrington over the palace of Gonda, I think you will find yourself about a head shorter or with a strained neck... :)

On 1/29/2019 at 4:34 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

We need more intel!

Before you attack you need a entry point. Scout out the area around and leading up to the palace in an attempt to find a suitable place to launch an offensive maneuver and whatever you do, don't get caught!

Only 1 option can be chosen this turn and 1 build is required to continue.

All options are risky - and only one can be taken

Early 619....

Agnes Mesabi knew that the odds were grim. With only 120 decently trained soldiers (4 Companies), she knew they would need some intel if they ever wanted to succeed. She ordered any and all supplies moved from the Blue Moon Tavern, and waited until order was restored to the city by the Nameren Government.

50322284881_693f15667a_z.jpg

A warehouse was procured, licensed under the WTC name, and loaded with their supplies. The WTC stood guard, and bribes kept the city watch at bay.

50323222881_7a0a13fb50_z.jpg

From this point of operations, the Rebels began Agnes's plan. They waited for things to calm down in the city, and quietly began observing troop numbers and positions.

50322285161_989ea70977_z.jpg

Foot Patrols were logged, and a count of Soldiers began.

50322554508_cf786e8657_z.jpg

And an Inside man was able to gather more intelligence with some hefty bribes.

50321617413_0f36992e25_z.jpg

With these, the Rebels were able to get a decent idea of the amount of Troops in the city, and a count of the Palace Guards.

50323399612_b3c4a0369f_z.jpg

With calculated Note Taking, Agnes's Plan came together.....

50323222936_99a6a681f9_z.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED...

So, I've wanted to continue this AMCRA for a while now, it's been one of my main goals since returning. Originally, I kinda wrote myself into a corner a bit the first time around, as I was leaning for a more conflict oriented story, but that really didn't work with the rules well at the time, and with my low troop numbers, poorly defined goals....    ...well y'all should get why I hit a block.

Anyways, I'd say that I hope this set of builds fixes the issues with the story, and gets it up and running again. I backdated this to Spring of 619, and I hope to bring the story forwards to the present.

The Warehouse build I built for this sometime last year, probably in the spring. I originally had a street scene for it planned, but It just ended up taking away from the build. I popped off the street part, and it looks pretty decent on its own, so I'm pretty happy with it. I will license it as a small commercial in the old world.

The Sewer scene turned out decently, I feel. Originally it was supposed to be filled with trash, or at the very least a bit of junk, but I couldn't figure out a good way to make it look decent.

The Palace I think turned out pretty well. I was running a bit thin on bricks then, so it might look a bit sparse.

I also should do a figbarf with the Nameren soldiers. Namere's colours are defined as Grey and Purple, but the options for those colours on minifigs are decently limited. I decided to go for First Order Officer Torsos and white legs for the default Nameren soldiers, and Kylo Renn's body and legs for the Officer. My original plan was to have more variations for different provinces, but It would just get a bit too confusing at a point.

So, for future reference:

Gondovian Rebels = Light Grey with fewer formal uniforms, some small colour accents

Nameren Military = Black Uniform with White accents, officers having different variations.

Story Wise, I might do some retcons for character backgrounds. I like the Promethean stuff, but looking back I think it kinda took over some aspects of the stories, so I'm definitely going to change the details going forwards. They were originally 'Secret Society-Religion / Ninjas' but I think I will replace it with "Offshoot of the Faith with secretive tendencies, a slightly warrior culture, and more than a few anarchists." But if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

C&C appreciated, but please hold off for a day or two if you have any comments on the lighting, I'll be fixing that tomorrow or Thursday.

I have fixed the Photos! You may proceed with photo criticisms! :pir_laugh2:

It was a rainy day, so I grabbed a second lamp, but it had a yellowish tinge to the lighting, which clashed with my usual Sunlamp. I like the effect, I could see some shots where it would look great for sunsets, but here it doesn't work great. I got a 1600 Lumen lightbulb for the second lamp today, but I did not have enough time to retake the photos before work.

GM STUFF:

Goals:

Spoiler
  1. Free Gonova from the Tyranny of Namere!
    1. Gonda becomes a free NPC city.
    2. A Port is 'Created' in Zone 2
  2. Open Gonda to Trade!
    1.  The WTC / COR gets a bonus or exclusive access to this Port
  3.  Restore Princess Isabella to her throne!
    1. The NPC state of Gondova is allied with COR 
    2. NAM ships are allied COR? Balmin, the capital is technically landlocked :wink:

GMs, please let me know how feasible / achievable these goal are. If they do not fit within the system, let me know and I will change them.

Also @ GMs: @Bregir, @Ayrlego , @Capt Wolf (and whomever else)

I'd like input as to how many soldiers the city has. If possible, split into these areas: (See map)

The Palace:

The Docks:

Midtown:

Uppertown:

Additionally don't forget to deduct funds for bribes. :pir-classic:

C&C appreciated, please let me know if I'm asking too much in the AMCRA, or if there's anything I should be doing differently.

Edited by Mesabi
fixed all the photos

Great to see you returning to this storyline! I think it needs some more action, and you are doing some solid groundwork for that. There sure are some options to continue with this in interesting ways. :pir-thumb:

What I can see of the builds I definitely like a lot - you have gotten so much better over the years! I would appreciate some OOC "whole shots", i.e. the complete builds from a bit of a distance. Most people put these under a spoiler tag to not distract from the rest of the post, and I always find them useful to chck out.

So yeah, good to see Agnes again, and alraedy looking forward for where this goes in the near future! :pir-classic:

@Darnok Thanks! the fixed photos show a lot more of the build. The 1600 Lumen one really helped, but now it's brighter than my SAD lamp! :pir-laugh:

Well, both your building and writing style have significantly improved! I like your buildings, they are small but full of nice details. I honestly have to cheer on the central government since, well, what  monster would invade a free and independent nation with clearly pretentious motivations (absolutely different situation from TV)!

Only a little suggestion about the older parts... here in Italy (the general inspiration for your Namere, I think) we had plots, conspiracies, rolling heads and civil wars far before pizza was invented :laugh:

The quality is really nice! I like the MOCs but storywise nothing much happened :pir_tong2:

I also like your take on the Namerians

Nice continuing of this attempted coup d'état   hostile takeover story.

With the Terraversa case going on, a rebellion wind is blowing over the Brick seas.

There are some nice ideas to borrow from the warehouse and the palace. I'm still not a fan of fleshy figs, but this is a detail.

On 9/9/2020 at 10:33 AM, Mesabi said:

Nameren Military = Black Uniform with White accents, officers having different variations.

I think it works, Kylo Ren’s torso in particular, if combined with the right stuff, can be converted in an excellent officer jacket. Maybe you could consider also the firefighters (the classic ones or the ones from winter city), or also the highwayman torso (just to suggest a few variations, you don’t really have to build an army of blackcoats for your AMRCA)

Nice to see this story line continuing! I liked it when you first started it and will eagerly continue to follow it.

I'm in no way a great photographer, but something that always annoys me (and to which I try to pay attention) is crooked angles. I don't like it when a photo or building is slanted to the left or right. Paying attention to avoid this issue, greatly improves the quality of a picture, I think.

Thanks for the Feedback Everyone!

On 9/9/2020 at 10:33 AM, Keymonus said:

I like your buildings, they are small but full of nice details. I honestly have to cheer on the central government since, well, what  monster would invade a free and independent nation with clearly pretentious motivations (absolutely different situation from TV)!

Thanks! I went for a small aproatch with Vignettes this time, rather than risk overdoing it. I kinda feel like the palace might have overdone it a bit.

Invade?!? The Province of Gondova is unrightfully occupied, and it'll take the righteous work of WTC Military Advisors to sort things out! :laugh:

On 9/9/2020 at 12:16 PM, Fraunces said:

The quality is really nice! I like the MOCs

Thanks!

On 9/10/2020 at 6:04 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Nice continuing of this attempted coup d'état   hostile takeover story.

There are some nice ideas to borrow from the warehouse and the palace. I'm still not a fan of fleshy figs, but this is a detail.

Thanks Thaum!

I am far too big a fan of mixing fleshy and yellow figs, but I don't think I'll change this detail anytime soon, as I just prefer to mix them rather than just commit to either. :shrug_oh_well:

On 9/10/2020 at 6:56 AM, Keymonus said:

I think it works, Kylo Ren’s torso in particular, if combined with the right stuff, can be converted in an excellent officer jacket. Maybe you could consider also the firefighters (the classic ones or the ones from winter city), or also the highwayman torso (just to suggest a few variations, you don’t really have to build an army of blackcoats for your AMRCA)

I'll look into this. Let me know what you think after I do a figbarf.

On 9/10/2020 at 1:46 PM, Khorne said:

Nice to see this story line continuing! I liked it when you first started it and will eagerly continue to follow it.

I'm in no way a great photographer, but something that always annoys me (and to which I try to pay attention) is crooked angles. I don't like it when a photo or building is slanted to the left or right. Paying attention to avoid this issue, greatly improves the quality of a picture, I think.

Thanks Khorne! I'll continue to keep working on my photography, and I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

On 9/9/2020 at 12:16 PM, Fraunces said:

I like the MOCs but storywise nothing much happened :pir_tong2:

On 9/9/2020 at 10:33 AM, Keymonus said:

Well, both your building and writing style have significantly improved!

:pir-sceptic: Well, those are complete opposite opinions! :pir-laugh:

I like that the different characters are presented at the beginning. Really an elaborately presented story with maps and lots of photos.

It's great that there are unpublished photos of this story on your Flickr photo stream. I hadn't noticed the guy in the sewer before (Foot Patrols were logged, and a count of Soldiers began).

I like to look at the photos on Flickr, because they have a higher resolution. I can often see more details that I didn't notice before.