Kristof

[INSTRUCTIONS] Venator-class Star Destroyer (MIDI Scale)

30565598207_4c653fdc7b_b.jpg

It feels strange... but it seems to be done :)

I don't know if anyone is still waiting for this, but if so, hear me out: The instructions are completed and available!

Model Specifications:

• 1580 pcs./pzs. (1491 without stand)
  • Weight: approx. 1 kg (2 lbs)
  • Length: 44 cm (17 2/8")
  • Width: 22 cm (8 5/8")
  • Height: 13 cm (5 2/8"), + extra 10 cm (4") with stand

I tried my best to design a detailed and accurate, yet relatively sturdy and swooshable model. Important (for me anyway) aspect is the exclusive use of currently produced and available parts (as of 2018).

The average part cost I obtained during several attempts using BrickLink 'Easy Buy' option applied on the part list was ~ $180 + S&H from 2-5 stores. That's based in central Europe, buying only NEW parts and not optimizing for arbitrary colors of some parts. The lowest cost I have been able to reach was $140 + S&H, when buying all internal parts as 'non applicable' color. Safe to say I was pleasantly surprised by both price and the low number of required orders. Sure I might have been lucky, but over several tries in the span of last month or so, the number of different stores required to get the complete part list stayed consistently low.

Building Instructions:

• 235 page high quality .pdf file
  • Carefully crafted Stud.io based quality (if I say so :D) step by step instructions
  • Preface containing (perhaps interesting) information about the model development, and
  • helpful build notes and tips for increased building comfort
  • Two part lists in .XML format are included, one for the ship, the other one for the stand

45455803882_20e59d9705_c.jpg

I took way more time with this than I should have and a lot of that time was spent on inefficient fiddling with some unimportant detail :) Sorry about that, that's simply how I am. I hope that at least some of the effort was worth it ant someone will appreciate it.

I decided to price it at $20

If you are interested in getting the instructions, please email me at

kristofpucejdl@gmail.com

Cheers!

Kristof

Edited by Kristof

Thanks!

I added a note about aproximate cost to buy parts on BrickLink. Take it with a grain of salt, it varies a lot. This was based on the average of my optimal results using BrickLink auto-buy on the part list.

Well done!  And I think all the trans blue pieces would make it a cool model to light up.

^ I bet, though it would certainly require some illegal mods :D Not my thing, yet I'm sure some people could execute it nicely. In reality, good lighting from outside make the trans pieces pop up quite nicely already.

Congratulations my friend, so glad that you've finally released them, only taken you a lifetime haha!

The style of the instructions is superb, I love how they have a similar look to TLG's UCS instructions. You'll have to share how you made that front cover, it looks beautiful to say the least!

I can't wait to look through the instructions to see how the model comes together, I'm sure I can expect perfection.

Best wishes, Ellis.

Edited by Ellisss_2

^ Thanks. I won't dare to talk about absolutes like perfection, but I hope it's good enough :)

Good lord this forum is getting absolutely showered with Venators lately. Not that it’s a bad thing... :wub::wub:

@Bartybum I take some blame for that haha. Teased people for so long they would rather build their own models :D But you’re right, its s good thing!

Kris, these instructions are PHENOMENAL!!! Besides the incredibly high quality renderings, complete with highlights and shadowing, the red wireframe around each new connection on every single step is just... no wonder this took so long for you to put together!

I haven't even begun to bricklink, but I just wanted to say these instructions are amazing. GREAT WORK!

Hey Kris!

Superb - your Venator really looking great in this scale. Proportions and details are on point! Also congrets on the good looking instructions!

Greetings Kommander

:sweet:@phaelon @danielwerner @Hold0511 @Iperial_Fleet_Commander @Neodaemmerung and others who bought the instructions: I just got a heads up that the part list for stand I was sending out was wrong. :ugh: I already sent the correct file to all of you and hope it won't cause much trouble! Sorry about that! :blush:

Edited by krisandkris12

17 minutes ago, krisandkris12 said:

Also the creation was approved on Rebrickable. If you feel like dropping a like or comment over there, it might help it to stay on top of the game :D

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-18951/KristofPucejdl/venator-class-republic-attack-cruiser/

Fantastic MOC!  It is on my 2019 List, more precisely my son want to build it/ maybe the parts + instructions as a birthday gift!  Do you plan to upload the complete Partlist on rebrickable?, I would like to see which parts I have or need to buy. 

@Fuchs Thank you! I will see about that. So far I'd like to keep the full parts list exclusive to the instructions. Arrogant or greedy (maybe?), but it gives the early birds some extra reward in terms of being the first to actually get their hands on the parts :D I may reconsider this if the general impression is against this. And if I allow myself to be really blunt, I think that the price I ask is not that steep to hold back anyone who is even merely interested in tackling the build in the future. I realize that I am putting up more honesty than a good salesman should :D So let me know if you feel this is particularly negative move.