Robert8

Disney Princesses 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

On 10/20/2019 at 6:04 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

A while wave of pop-up books? Dear gods no, please . . one was enough.

That one wasn’t even Disney Princess themed though! XP

I doubt these are pop up books, considering the low piece counts.

First 2020 pictures wave are out- I can't quite gauge scale but I think that they might be the "right" size for minidoll "kids."  I think they look interesting!  
Edit, Sorry if this is the wrong thread to talk about this! : )

Edited by Gobias1234

Minidoll kids!

About danm time!

And the new dess piece is good but Aurora is the only princess who didnt need it. The current dress piece works fine for her. Its the other princesses who have bulkier dresses who needed that dress mold..

These pop-up books pretty funny

They are under the legoleaks Hashtag On Instagram. If you can’t find them keep scrolling because there are just so many photos being posted. 
the books surprised me so much when I first saw them, but in short time I warmed up to them. I think I might be in love with them though. We get minidoll kids finally, and they use normal minidoll heads and hairpieces. All of the head prints are new. The covers and the spine of the books are stunning in my opinion. There are many useful recolors and new prints such as the new Chip that uses the small tea cup piece. And also is that Shang along with the two Mulan variants in the set? I hope they make more of these because they would look so good next to each other.

however I’m disappointed with the regular scale minidoll sets. I’m bored of the Cinderella and aurora sets. I like the owl and the ball gown (altho it’s not needed) for aurora. Cinderella has Bruno so I guess that’s fine. Moanas set is really boring to me. The new face print is weird as well. the biggest disappointment is obviously the absence on Pocahontas in the wave.

in summary this seems like a fun wave but a disappointing one. 

edit: I just noticed the poop piece recolored in white to make a shell:wub:

Edited by Rambo260

I do admit I really like the polly pocket and might max style book play sets I will definitely pick up the beauty and the beast set

I have always hated the little mermaid because ariel was a spoilt brat who nearly got her family and kingdom destroyed

and again mulan is not a real princess

Found it thank you. You can see a better look on promobricks. 

I think Aurora's dress looks awesome and the owl. Probably my fave dress of hers. I sooo hope they'll do a set with the owl again, her in the blue dress or in her peasant dress with Philip. It seems funny they'd make this owl Just for this tiny set. There's not even a horse to pull it. Disappointing carriage. I would have rather had Aurora as the storybook set in hopes that we'd get Prince Philip and her in 2 different outfits.

Ariel's is super cute, but after getting her recent sets, I don't have incentive to get this one.

Belle's is nice too. I will probably get this since I started collecting after the old, and kinda ugly, belle castle came out. I'm still hoping for a large new castle for her.

Mulan's is super cute. I wish it weren't the mini doll for her since she doesn't have a ton of sets like the others. So glad Shang is included and both versions of Mulan. I might get this one too.

Cinderella's celebration is disappointing. The purple castle walls is all that interests me. Would be interesting to add to the build and swap castle.

Still have to wait to see the Frozen one. I would've rather had them all in storybooks. Moana would've been more interesting too. Love pua. I wonder if we'll have another wave and whether they'll be in this style.

I took a look at my lego elves sets and I believe that the owl is not a new mould. This is a new coloring though

Edited by Rambo260

I might be wrong but it looks as though all the Disney Princess characters from this wave are using non-rubber hairpieces, an interesting switch considering they all previously used rubber hairpieces like the Friends line. 

They missed out in using the new, assume it's new, cake icing piece from the Friends line for Aurora's cake. It's used in a new 2020 baking show one and in one of the mini cubes. Would've been a nice addition to that carriage set. 

lego-friends-2020-41393-007.jpg

8 hours ago, Rambo260 said:

I took a look at my lego elves sets and I believe that the owl is not a new mould. This is a new coloring though

Yes that's true... recoloring of this one. 21333pb02.png

With it's slightly goofy expression it almost makes me want a Sword in the Stone set with Archimedes the owl. :P
They did the owl perfectly especialy with the feather ruffle on the chest.

You know if these sets were expensive I wouldn’t care as much, but because they’re cheap I’m really tempted to get them all. :P

For the regular sets:

• That Moana set is excellent cheap way for those who missed out on her last one. It also means we won’t break the bank by getting it for the new face.
  • The Aurora set is kind of random, but I wouldn’t really mind random things like that if it meant new characters. :P I agree with most that Aurora looks kind of silly in that skirt. I’m glad that LEGO are continuing to produce that skirt piece, as I thought the mould was discontinued due to its lack of mobility. Hopefully this means Tiana can show up in it at some point. It’s a shame they won’t make a Briar Rose outfit or blue outfit for Aurora, maybe some day. I do love the new owl print, I’ve been wanting for years and it was well worth the wait! They could recolour some of Jasmine’s doves in red and blue and then we’d have all the forest creatures for that scene. Then all we’d really need is Phillip and the other two fairies.
  • I think the Cinderella Castle set looks really bland, even for a Juniors set. The interior is lacking, maybe a dining table instead of a cat play feature? Heck, why does Luicifer get one and Bruno doesn’t get a kennel? I think it’s a bit excessive for both this set and Aurora’s to feature a cake. Couldn’t they have thought of any other food? XP Cinderella’s new outfit is fun, though it would’ve been nice if we could’ve got her wedding dress as I think that could’ve gone here. Speaking of her wedding, the absence of the prince here is really jarring. This set is fairly expensive they could’ve included a second mini doll. I’m sick of them using the hamsters as nice, just introduce a mould for either Jaq or Gus! At least Bruno looks fantastic and it’s a really nice inclusion for everyone (like me!) who was disappointed it what they did for him in the past. I do feel sorry for those who bought the Lucifer set just for him, but at least the rest of us can get our hands on him now. Him coming in a set the year after makes me apprehensive of buying this one, but I doubt they’d include both Bruno and Luicifer in the same set the year after? Right? XP  

As for the storybooks: I love the idea of microdolls (it’s like Disney Princess Mighty Micros!), even if those pop up books are meh sets with a few interesting recolours tossed in to shut up AFOLs. I’m not to thrilled with the lack of a building experience as the book’s covers seem to be made of two parts on the front and one on the back. A lot of the details inside are from stickers, which usually I don’t mind, but too many makes it less LEGO like. As for the builds themselves, I think they’re cute and they serve their purpose. That windshield as a slide is a really fun idea. It is a shame that Li-Shang is being introduced here, hopefully he’ll make the jump to regular figure quicker then it’s taking Doomsday in DC to. At the very least that set gives us a Criki that can be used with regular mini-dolls and for that I’m thankful. XD

4 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

I might be wrong but it looks as though all the Disney Princess characters from this wave are using non-rubber hairpieces, an interesting switch considering they all previously used rubber hairpieces like the Friends line. 

Nope, they all have rubber hairpieces. One of Mulan’s hairs isn’t rubber though! 

12 hours ago, Rambo260 said:

There are many useful recolors and new prints such as the new Chip that uses the small tea cup piece. 

Nice catch on Chip, I think he scales better to regular minidolls here then he did as a mug. 

It is nice that Chip uses the new tea cup mould. But i still don't get why they don't print his eyes on the other side so the physical handle becomes the nose. This way it looks just wrong like if i would take a picture of Harry Potter including hair and upper Body and print it on a Minifigure head where just the Smiley face should be while still using a Hair piece and torso-print to represent him  :/ 

Chindarellas Cat should be a new fat mould. Maybe we will get one with Hermoine one day.

The owl is perfect and looks just like Archimedes, my favourite Disney Character :D

I already bricklinked Arielle's animal friends. They really Show how awesome Apu, Jago, and Mushu could look. I hope for regular Disney Sets with Minifigs one day... 

Edited by Gorilla94

3 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

im still surprised theres no Pocahontas set they could easily include a grandmother willow tree or a small kayak

Still hoping for a second wave. Just not sure if it will be more of these or not. Still need an update on Snow White as well as Pocahontas. Tiana got jipped a bit last time too. This storybook set would be so cute for Pocahontas if nothing else.

I'm really hoping for a big new castle for Belle. I'm fearful if they do it though, it'll be like this Cinderella Celebration which isn't overly detailed inside.

Definitely getting these, because I try to collect the Disney sets, but it's interesting that we didn't get Flora or Fauna to go with Merriwether, no Mushu...I hope there are more, and this isn't the final year of Disney Princesses. I mean, we have had 5 years, but so many gaps.

Are we expecting another Moana set to go with that boat? Pretty sure a new version of Hei Hei leaked not too long ago with new printing (so his eyes look less angry), but it doesn't look like its in the boat set.

1 hour ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Are we expecting another Moana set to go with that boat? Pretty sure a new version of Hei Hei leaked not too long ago with new printing (so his eyes look less angry), but it doesn't look like its in the boat set.

Oh man, My daughter would love that.  She talks about angry Hei Hei like it is a deep tragedy from her youth. : )

On 11/20/2019 at 3:35 PM, illian420 said:

Still hoping for a second wave. Just not sure if it will be more of these or not. Still need an update on Snow White as well as Pocahontas. Tiana got jipped a bit last time too. This storybook set would be so cute for Pocahontas if nothing else.

Hmm predicting a second wave is tricky. Disney Princess usually just gets a small second wave, but since these sets are all $30 and less I could see them releasing a slightly larger summer wave. I wouldn’t get my hopes up too high though.

If we do we’re bound to get more Frozen 2 sets to cover spoilers and give us characters who haven’t appeared in this wave. I’m unsure if we’d get more storybooks later in the year as usually these mini sub themes that try a zany idea  (Mighty Micros, Big Fig series in Minecraft) only come out In January. I do think it’s unlikely we’d get sets with Merida, Snow White, Belle and Pocahontas to give us their new faces though. So that means were going have to wait even longer to get everyone with the same face style. :hmpf_bad:

Anyway a summer wave could be thrown out the window if they wait until November and give us Raya sets instead. :P

1 hour ago, Soupperson1 said:

Anyway a summer wave could be thrown out the window if they wait until November and give us Raya sets instead. :P

I think I would prefer it that way. Looking at the difference in quality between the frozen 2 and the regular princess sets (at least in my opinion) I think we would get better sets for raya since it’s a new release. Hopefully at least two sets like they did for Moana

Edited by Rambo260