Robert8

Disney Princesses 2019 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, illian420 said:

(the brickfan link stopped working. not sure if they got a slap on the list or what.)

We got a legal takedown notice earlier today. The link will be back up when we get the green light again.

3 hours ago, illian420 said:

The outside reminded me too much of the Hogwarts castle with just a touch of color. 

It reminds me a lot of the pre 2018 hogwarts castles, especially since the roof is teal, which is kinda similar to the old Harry Potter green. What I also don’t like is how it’s not as grand as the last one, which is actually one of the tallest Disney princess castles. Looking at the interior again i think I’m now a big fan of elsas room, it has very nice windows and cool furniture. If it wasn’t for the minidolls i probably wouldn’t even get  it honestly

Edited by Rambo260

https://www.brickfinder.net/2019/09/06/lego-disney-frozen-2-first-look/   here's another site still working. 

17 minutes ago, Rambo260 said:

It reminds me a lot of the pre 2018 hogwarts castles, especially since the roof is teal, which is kinda similar to the old Harry Potter green. What I also don’t like is how it’s not as grand as the last one, which is actually one of the tallest Disney princess castles. Looking at the interior again i think I’m now a big fan of elsas room, it has very nice windows and cool furniture. If it wasn’t for the minidolls i would contemplate getting it honestly

I might get it and if nothing else keep the interiors and add the tan castle pieces to my HP sets. Although with the removable mid floor and roof it could be interesting adding to the other build and swap Princess pieces. We'll see. I prefer Elsa and Anna in this set. I'm not crazy about Anna in all the black.

1 hour ago, illian420 said:

https://www.brickfinder.net/2019/09/06/lego-disney-frozen-2-first-look/   here's another site still working. 

I might get it and if nothing else keep the interiors and add the tan castle pieces to my HP sets. Although with the removable mid floor and roof it could be interesting adding to the other build and swap Princess pieces. We'll see. I prefer Elsa and Anna in this set. I'm not crazy about Anna in all the black.

I personally haven’t been a fan of the Clock Tower and Ehomping Willow sets and didn’t get either - my Hogwarts currently consists of the Great Hall, a couple of buildings I salvaged from the 2010 Hogwarts I got as a kid, and some MOC content (I added an entire floor of classrooms underneath the Great Hall). 

Adding the Arendelle castle to Hogwarts is actually a really great idea, I might just do that. It can be a student accomodations wing/building. Maybe even a girls’ dormitory? 

I do like the teal and light aqua roofs. I wasn’t a fan of the tan, but now that connecting it to Hogwarts has been mentioned I approve. 

45 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I personally haven’t been a fan of the Clock Tower and Ehomping Willow sets and didn’t get either - my Hogwarts currently consists of the Great Hall, a couple of buildings I salvaged from the 2010 Hogwarts I got as a kid, and some MOC content (I added an entire floor of classrooms underneath the Great Hall). 

Adding the Arendelle castle to Hogwarts is actually a really great idea, I might just do that. It can be a student accomodations wing/building. Maybe even a girls’ dormitory? 

I do like the teal and light aqua roofs. I wasn’t a fan of the tan, but now that connecting it to Hogwarts has been mentioned I approve. 

I only recently got into Lego with the HP sets and having kids old enough for it. So I have so far loved all the latest Hogwarts related sets for the HP line. I'm really tempted to incorporate this new set with my Hogwarts sets now. :D So maybe I'll just buy the Arendelle set and see what next year's sets are. 

Hopefully next year they're doing more than just churning out a last wave of all the princesses before ending this renewed line for another 5 or so years. 

23 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Anyone else feel like the eyes on that horse sculpture make it look a bit nightmarish, like a living animal frozen as ice

Well in the trailer the horse does look quite scary. Also in the set, it looks like Elsa is trying to battle or tame the horse with the ice powers. Or maybe it’s just the way they positioned it?

Edited by Rambo260

Disappointed to see that one is Frozen after the big wave of frozen sets we're getting. That could've been another Tiana or Pocahontas set. Snow White too. Hopefully after this Cinderella set, they will move away from her to focus more on the others.

This Stroybook Adventures seems to be a new subtheme?

I wonder if Aurora's carriage will include another of the fairies. 

If you're in Canada, there's a special event this Saturday at TRU. I don't know if Barnes and Noble is doing stuff like this still. If you're in the US you could try to find if it's being done at some participating store.

Disney Frozen 2 Event
Saturday, October 5
11 a.m. - 1 p.m.

Let the adventure lead you! Build and take home a LEGO® Disney Frozen 2 Olaf Jewelry Box!

Plus enjoy other great Disney Frozen 2 activities from Fujifilm Instax, Play-Doh and more!

here in Italy there’s a lego store frozen 2 promotion that is lasting a week or so. They didn’t specify what it was. I’m thinking its this Olaf jewelry box.

my thoughts on the new frozen 2 sets:

i think they look pretty good, the builds look good and have some interesting pieces that im sure could be of use

the only thing that is really annoying me being someone who collects and builds these sets is the faces on the minidolls, they look really weird compared to what they used to look like. i prefer the older look, like the old aurora to the new one

If you are planning to buy Frozen sets, there's a promo for Olaf's sleigh off lego's site. I've only been interested in the Arendelle castle to join it with my Harry Potter sets. I was disappointed how there was no Olaf, but then I found this on youtube. I never got an email from lego about it being a promo. I'm not too into the other sets as a whole, so I bought into this money grab to get Olaf. It's kinda cute. Too bad Sven isn't there too to pull it. I'll have to buy him separate. This is till Oct 20.

https://www.lego.com/en-ca/page/lego-offers-promotions?icmp=LP-SHD-P-DI-olafst-1097

I am disappointed with the faces as well. On a whole, the girl faces aren't that bad if you don't compare, but Kristoff's face is just...meh. I dislike the shade of yellow hair used too.

So, @Itaria No Shintaku had this to share regarding the Disney Princesses theme for next year...

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I thought I had a clue about Zebra but I call it back, since Disney Princesses next year will have a new interesting take on something totally new.

But that's not Zebra.

https://www.ameet.eu/book/lego-disney-princess-secrets-of-the-magical-castle/  
Just came across this book. Something to speculate on for the new sets. Are they parts of their rooms in the magical castle? Doesn't seem like a new take, unless they can be built all together maybe joined with Cinderella's castle celebration. Moana brings the boat and Aurora brings the carriage?

I' m not sure if you'd call this 'totally new', but I'm still wondering if the new sets will be miniature castles with a figurine like in the 'storybook adventures' game app where you search for clues and get pieces of the castle to build. The sets list Mulan, Frozen, Belle, and Ariel. Mulan's part builds the imperial palace. Here's a vid of the game app which you can flip through.

7 hours ago, illian420 said:

I'm not sure if you'd call this 'totally new', but I'm still wondering if the new sets will be miniature castles with a figurine like in the 'storybook adventures' game app where you search for clues and get pieces of the castle to build. The sets list Mulan, Frozen, Belle, and Ariel. Mulan's part builds the imperial palace. Here's a vid of the game app which you can flip through.

Apparently it resembles/takes after something LEGO Ideas had offered... :shrug_confused:

6 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

No, that's not that. Not even closer. It's something somewhat related to an idea's set.

16 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Apparently it resembles/takes after something LEGO Ideas had offered... :shrug_confused:

It can't be the Seven Dwarfs Cottage since there is no Snow White listed.

im only interested if we get variant clothes for the princesses. Blue dress or winter outfit (pink dress and cloak) for Belle, blue gown for Aurora (or her peasant garb). Yawn at seeing Ariel and Cinderella yet again. 

Edited by MandyNeko

There are a few Princess idea sets that maybe it's leaning towards something like these. Kind of like a friends type everyday setting but with princesses. An 'off-duty' princess as mentioned. That's all I can find on Lego ideas that would be a new twist for this line.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/c8f48066-6729-4d00-9862-f2cf2c735993

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/52ed1143-dc51-4b62-94b6-cdf10469d074

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/b8195fec-492c-42ac-99b4-a1db31eb60c1

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/adb46033-375c-4014-a1aa-f7c34aade109

Really hoping Belle gets her burgundy outfit and Aurora gets her blue gown. Ariel and Cinderella are getting overdone for me when there are so many more to include.

Maybe it's like the scene in Wreck it Ralph 2 where the princesses are hanging out backstage?

i want to see Belle get a library set. I really don't like the lavender and dark red they chose for her castle,

Edited by MandyNeko

Looks like these mystery sets may be "storybooks" or something akin to LEGO Ideas' Pop-Up Book...

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:
21 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Maybe pop-up books like 21315? :classic:

I think I might be onto something here, stonewars have updated their 2020 list and 43174 to 43177 are "storybooks“ :classic:

https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2020/

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Looks like these mystery sets may be "storybooks" or something akin to LEGO Ideas' Pop-Up Book...

I had wondered if they were Pop-up books. I wasn't sure if that was new enough since there were already 1 maybe 2 sets like that presented already. Either of the pop up book or the 'regular girl' princess set would be different. 

Someone did make a Mulan one and a Rapunzel one.

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/99a66402-19d3-4c70-a631-2d56b59a062b/application/944cadab-8f4b-4914-969b-c0e2735a622b

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/99a66402-19d3-4c70-a631-2d56b59a062b/application/f8dddffa-dfae-440a-b92b-46ff57cf1392

JediJac lists them as a winter wave. I imagine if that's true we should be seeing leaks around Nov?